The Oscars

Irish Scouse

Bob Kelso. ❥
Reaction score
So with the Academy Awards approaching comes the biggest event of the Movie business' calendar.

Not particularly a great year for film, but it did have some hidden gems (who have not been nominated :| ).

So in order to not flood this OP, I will link the nominees here.

So, predictions, films/people that should have made it etc. can be posted below.

My bet/some of my predictions;

BEST PICTURE - The Artist

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE - Rango

BEST FOREIGN FILM - A Separation

BEST DIRECTOR - Michel Hazanavicius (THE ARTIST)

BEST ORIGINAL sCREENPLAY - Midnight in Paris

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY - The Descendants (OR MONEYBALL)

BEST SCORE - The Artist

BEST SONG - Man or Muppet (The Muppets)

BEST ACTOR - Jean Dujardin/George Clooney

BEST ACTRESS - Viola Davis (Meryl Streep close 2nd)

BEST SUPP. ACTOR - Christopher Plummer

BEST SUPP. ACTRESS - Octavia Spencer

ART DIRECTION - Hugo

CINEMATOGRAPHY - The Tree of Life (Some say Hugo/The Artist)

BEST EDITING - The Artist (Hugo close 2nd)

Not nominating Noomi Raplace last year and not even including Senna on the Documentary shortlist this year has finally convinced me how ridiculous these awards are. (I was too naive in 1998 when Titanic won).

If you want to know what's going to win the big awards just find out what films Harvey Weinstein is backing.

PS. Best Animation is clearly Chico & Rita but it won't win.

Ahh the Oscars, for some reason with all the wrong nominations and sometimes wrong winners I still love them. Should be a great Sunday with the football and Oscars.

How can 'Man or Muppets' be a serious contender for best song? It's a funny stupid song lol ... the opening lyric is 'I Relfect On My Reflection' ... maybe the nominations are based on laughability of the song!

Not nominating Noomi Raplace last year and not even including Senna on the Documentary shortlist this year has finally convinced me how ridiculous these awards are. (I was too naive in 1998 when Titanic won).

If you want to know what's going to win the big awards just find out what films Harvey Weinstein is backing.

PS. Best Animation is clearly Chico & Rita but it won't win.

Chico & Rita was great, watched it when you recommended it on the FM-Base blogs!

Senna is quite clearly the best of the year, by some distance, I'm not even a F1 fan, but it was still sublime. The year of Titanic was just...awful. Not only because Shawshank should have beaten it, but it shouldn't even have placed, in my opinion.

How can 'Man or Muppets' be a serious contender for best song? It's a funny stupid song lol ... the opening lyric is 'I Relfect On My Reflection' ... maybe the nominations are based on laughability of the song!

Pretty well written, not that there was much to chose from this year.