The owners/board or fans?? Who's to blame or are they both to blame?

• Thread starter Thread starter gallatron
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 320

gallatron

Reaction score
Hey. I follow the football league very closely and one thing that is becoming very frustrating is the amount of time managers are being given before being removed from their positions. Alot of the time the Clubs owners are very quick to end a managers contract if success isn't delivered instantly.

But recently ive been listening to Phone in shows on Talksport, watching The football league show and listening to fans slaughtering managers and been on internet forums where the same thing is happening. I personally find this extremely annoying. Every day i hear a sheff united fan say that Micky Adams has to leave as he's not the right man for the job. Sheff united have had 3 managers this season who have all struggled with the group of players that they have had? So who is the right man? Surely he needs time to build his own side? Or are fans starting to move over into the owners mind set that success must be instant?

This seems to be happening at alot of clubs across the football league, Bristol Rovers, Stockport, Northampton, Preston just to name a few.

I believe that some fans (not all) need to open there eyes a little bit to the reality that surrounds there respective club as this surely must be affecting the progression of their much loved team. In my opinion this instant success theory has been forced down from the board/owners into the fans.

I would like to hear your opinion on this and where you think football is heading if this was to continue.

Thanks for taking time to read this post. (There is no offence aimed at any of clubs mentioned and i do understand im only an outsider and i do realise i dont know everything about your clubs, i just thought this might interest a few people and if i have mentioned your team i would love to see you reply as im very interested in this subject) Thanks guys and have a good sunday!

Back