The Pav's USA MLS Revamp - Ideal for Network Saves

ThePav

Reaction score
UPDATE: FILE NOW WORKS WITH NEW PATCH

Before i start. I was inspired by this idea.
http://http://www.fm-base.co.uk/for...pepsi-superleague-franchise-applications.html

This guy is letting you set up your own franchises which i thought was one **** of an idea. So if you want to set up one from scratch. Go to his thread. It's brilliant. I took his idea and ran with it a bit tho as we wanted a new save to play for network games. I play a lot of network saves with mates and at the moment it seems like we have done most of them to death. So i decided to set up the MLS with a couple of new franchises. This then turned into 10 new franchises. These 10 new franchises have 10 parent clubs. All from the UK. These Franchises also have 10 feeder clubs. In Australia. As luckily there are 10 teams down under. Also the kits and logos have all been taken care of for this American adventure.. I will link you at the bottom of the OP.

This is a new 20 team MLS. With a 20 team MLC - Major League Championship below it.
Prize money is through the roof. The competition rep has been improved. So it's about the 10th best league in the world. There is a playoff for the title at the end of the season between the top 4 teams. Also the World Club championship has become the premier competition for clubs to win in the world. The idea being...in this save, hopefully you will make the MLS the best league in the world.

Big news is. None of this draft nonsense. Its retarded. It follows the European season and transfer rules

All teams like i said are linked with Brittish clubs and those clubs are represented with DOF who are club legends from there Brittish counterparts. These sides were chosen as they were basically made for my mates. But we have enjoyed it so much i thought i might as well share with the community.

All new franchise teams start with 0 players. I would add key players to teams when you start and u will start with a few spicy regens. You have 22m transfer budget and 450k in wages to play with. Which is enough to build a decent enough squad first season. As there will be plenty of money in the future for you to improve your teams with.

I may add a few more major franchises. Like an Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea and Everton. But i stuck with 10 for now as i didnt want to take too much away from American sides, anyways.. Lets introduce you to the teams!!

Note these pics are from 2nd season in a network save

UPDATE Frank Lampard New York City

View attachment 351598

Miami Spice (Man Utd)

View attachment 409761

New York City ( Man City)

View attachment 409758

Texas Rangers (Glasgow Rangers)

View attachment 409757

Boston Celtic ( Celtic)

View attachment 409756

Austin Villans (Villa)

View attachment 409755

San Diego Saints (Southampton)

View attachment 409754

Tampa Bay Toon (Newcastle)

View attachment 409753

San Antonio Spurs (Spurs)

View attachment 409752

Carolina Canaries (Norwich)

View attachment 409751

Washington Wolves (Wolves)

View attachment 409750

Looking to create 4 to 6 more franchises if any more interest

If you do not have the fle paths below just create them
To download the kits use both these links below, Unzip and put in xxxxx-my docs- sports int -fm14-graphics-kits

Zippyshare.com - USA - NASL by ArchaonDaniels & commander v1.rar

Zippyshare.com - USL PRO 2013 By ArchaonDaniels.rar

Thanks to Jack Armstrong/Ballista who made the custom kits.

To download the logos use the link below. Unzip and put in xxxx-my docs- sports int -fm14- graphics - logos

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/42680226/file.html

After you done all that. Clear cache and reload skin in game.

To download the database. Use the link below Unzip put in my docs-sports int- fm14- editor data

http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/68429525/file.html

This file works fine with another db. So time to put in a cheap plug. As some of you may know i am a co author of. LFC Marshall Transfer Update. Which you can find here.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=8774

Just select both files when you create your saved game. It is very important you have the start date as England 2013. As this american season now begins in July 2013 not March 2014.

Enjoy the files lads and feeback welcome

Last edited:
Draft retarded.. nice way of saying it hardcoded and had to ditch the thing to revamp.. (i know i had to, as well).. :)

Looks good, nice work Pav :)

Draft retarded.. nice way of saying it hardcoded and had to ditch the thing to revamp.. (i know i had to, as well).. :)

Looks good, nice work Pav :)

I know mate, thanks a lot. I always wanted to play in the MLS but had no love for the designated player and the draft issues. This sets it up so it works in a normal non american way. The only idea they ever had i liked was the 35 yard shootout lol. But that was dropped about 15 years ago haha. We been having a lot of fun in the saves. Teams struggle a bit to get sides together first season. But it becomes very competitive.

Last edited:
I have my New York City FC, Eastern Conference side, linked to my Rangers and Man City teams, its a decent save.

(my US is 4 conferences into 20 league Div, 1 into 20 team MLS Prem.).

I saw a SS of a NYC thing by you when i was making it looked really good. Really want the stadium backgrounds i might put a request in on fmreporter. In fairness i understand config files now so i could probs do it myself. I saw an NFL type set up somewhere was that yours? A lot of time has been spent on google. lol. The two leagues i have are both 20 teams. But i will be expanding the Championship to 24. So i can put in some more franchises i think. We got some brilliant comedy kits in there too. So i'll put up some SShots of them when i get a bit more time.

I love this idea, I've been hoping for something like this for awhile. I downloaded and started with Boston Celtics, love those uniforms. Btw when I started my game my team lost its Australian feeder club, it isn't a big deal just fyi

Last edited:
I have downloaded it but when it comes to load the database it says it cant't because of too many teams or something like that so when i go to add usa it is greyed out. Any help?

Think I may have done it by uploading the default database and not the recent one.

Last edited:
Ah, i just checked this, everything was working before the patch 14.3 so will have to have a look at it mate. Hope i dont have to start again cos of the ****** patch. It will work if when you start your game you select default database 14.0 rather than the latest patch. Then select the usa file. If you download the latest lfc file too mate select that too... that can act as your update instead, si player changes are **** anyways then just select it with the usa file and it should work.

Yeh all sorted mate thanks. San Antonio spurs will be my team of choice

This is a great idea but is there any way to add the reserve and youth sides of the created teams to the existing reserve and under 19 league structure?

Could you please tell me which A-League clubs are associated with which MLS franchises

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

My laptop been broke i'll upload the file, the patch broke the db a couple of months ago but a mate fixed it not had a chance to change it since

I fixed the issue. It stopped working after the game was patched so had to edit the file to fix it. Back up and running. I am doing a USA National save with this league on and changed the gain nationality to 3 years. So players will be naturalised quicker. Also upped the regen level so better players will develop quciker. The aim aswell to get the MLS as the best league in the world. About 3 years into some really big players going to the league and its looking good. New link in the OP lads....

If there is interest will do franchises for Chelsea Liverpool and Arsenal too.

Done a save as the USA national team with this file running alongsiide the lfc update. Anyways i got to the quater final of 2014 world cup, won 2016 copa amrica 2018 confederations cup and the world cup 2018. The regens coming through are a bit hit and miss but some are awesome.

basically what i want to do is create a MLS team but have its U21 and U18 squads in europe.. If i download the databases above will it have all of those team changes... If it does can i just use my regular roster and create the teams..