The purpose/role of the director of football

• Thread starter Thread starter Kingdre18
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 8K

Kingdre18

Reaction score
Hey peeps want some assist with the caption above e.g main duties, functions etc.Your replies, knowledge, experience etc will be helpful, thanks in advance ;)

On this game the only real duties a Director of Football seems to have (or at least has at the club I manage) is recruitment, whether he is only recruiting youth players, staff or first team players.

It's pretty much up to you and what you decide through the staff responsibilities.

At this point, I'm really sure. I'm managing Inter Milan, and I chose to let Piero Ausilio go at the end of his contract, and signed Miguel Pardeza (former Real Madrid director of football) because I thought Pardeza had better stats. But when I tried to sign a young player and let Pardeza negotiate contract with the player, he offered 4M+ salary to him. I withdrew the offer, and did it myself, 1.5M done and done. So why would my guy offer 4M when the agent's open offer is 1.8M, I would never know.

Plus, if I ask my director of football to sort out loan offers for my youngsters, he simply accept them all, without considering player role in the new team. I had to do that myself as well. Basically, I payed this guy for nothing.

^ Which is why I never use a DoF, simply don't need them.

The main use I make of a DoF is in selling players for me - useful just to put them on the unwanted list and let him deal with it rather than go through protracted negotiations. As when buying players they don't always get the best deal, but there are some surprises.

Back