"The Rangers" a completed revolution.

Sam1875

Reaction score
The Rangers

Hi everyone so this is my first real post, guess you could call me a noob as FM12 was my first FM game. and I only got it in June but spent a lot of time on it and fancy myself as pretty good now. I've had many successful saves with the likes of my home team Birmingham City, Bolton Wanderers and Fleetwood Town, but shant go into them.

This save is about The Rangers, Rangers newco after they reformed due to facing liquidation due to the debts of the club bought on by former owner Craig Whyte.

A massive thankyou goes to LFCmarshall, as without his transfer update, this wouldn't be possible.

Let me set the scene. The Rangers are in Scottish Division 3 (4th tier of Scottish football), with few key players left, in recievership (board accepts offers without your consent) and a possible exodus of remaining stars, and also a 12 month transfer embargo beckons after the first active summer transfer window in the game.

I did all of this over the last few weeks so will put it all into one as I have been reading some of your stories on here and was inspired. So, here we go.

Season 1 - It Begins

We began on the 11th July 2011. I had 2 months to vamp my squad up to what I thought I needed, I did this with the signing of Spanish forward Pablo Counago who I always sign on saves with lower league teams. Little did I know that in January, while under a transfer embargo, the board would sell stars such as Maurice Edu, Dorin Goian and Dean Sheils.
View attachment 271292

But it didn't phase us, we won the league 7 or 8 games early, but then knowing my luck it caused the team to faulter, being careless and in turn we lost 2 games near the end but it didn't matter too much, we won the Scottish Challenge Cup too, basically the Scottish equivalent of the JPT in England. Here are our cup runs as well as the SD3 league table.

View attachment 271293View attachment 271294View attachment 271295View attachment 271296

Season 2 - I hate cheesy titles, it's just season 2.

So it was now time to have a run out in SD2. This time we again won the league, but without losing a game! We retained the Challenge Cup, had a shocker in the league cup, and lost 1-0 in extra time to Celtic in the final of the cup (due to Edu getting sent off and being absolutely shook to death.) So heres the screenies from that season. Our embargo was lifted 31st August 2012, so I used the following week to bring in 2 loans, one was Martyn Waghorn of Leicester City, we have an affilation with them and through this save they send me players, others included Matt James and Ben Marshall. In the January we started to spend and build for next season, with our eventual hero strikers of SPL victory Nouha Dicko and Daryl Duffy costing a combined total of £290k ;-)

View attachment 271298View attachment 271299View attachment 271300View attachment 271301View attachment 271302

Season 3 - 2 in 2 becomes 3 in 3, yay numbers.

SD1 beckoned, a strong The Rangers were slowly but surely making there way back to the top. Call me tight but I didn't spend a penny in this season, nor did I make a penny transfer wise.. A few were released and some of our brightest regen talents went out on loan to English sides such as MK Dons and Crystal Palace to gain valuable experience for the big time next season. We won the league, losing 2 games, and again retained the Challenge Cup, which should just be renamed the Fowler Cup, as I am awesome. We beat Celtic in the league cup but lost to Dundee Utd in semis. We again faultered cup wise by losing in the cup to Inverness. Our marquee signing as it were, was Marlon King on a free from Birmingham, but he soon declined and was only really useful for this one season. Poor fella. *cue comments of SHE SAID NO MARLON*. Screenie time. :)

View attachment 271304View attachment 271305View attachment 271306View attachment 271307View attachment 271308

Season 4 - WE ARE THE RANGERS, WE'LL SING ON OUR OWN!

Yes we did it, back in the big time! These screenies show the season just gone in the SPL and the start of summer as I prepare for 2015-16. We won the SPL at the first time of asking, losing just 1 game. We also won the Scottish cup bringing me my first major Scottish double! However we lost in the league cup. Again many players left on frees as their values were only around £10k anyway! A few were also loaned out. We were getting budgets of around £16m due to prize money, my brilliant transfer workings and owner Charles Greens back pocket being generous to The Rangers. The biggest and best signing was goalkeeper Jack Butland, from Birmingham for £3m. This kid is Englands next number 1, both in game and in real life, and was fantastic this season, playing 45+ games and conceding around 25 goals, I think! We also signed winger Chris Burke on a free from Birmingham and defender Sinsa Andeljkovic for £14k (later in season Huddersfield big £500k for him!) Here are the screens. (IGNORE TRANSFERS SUMMER 2015 ONWARDS AS THESE ARE NOW FOR COMING SEASON (PRISKIN IN, PLINIO IN, BOCANEGRA OUT)

View attachment 271312View attachment 271313View attachment 271314View attachment 271315

So we come to an end! Here is a team report of what I've got for this year, more will come in as need to prepare for Champions League campaign (qualifiers also so extra games)

View attachment 271316

So this is it! Thanks so much for reading if you stuck it through, stay classy people.
Keep Right On.
Sam.