poweriess

Reaction score
The Real 4231!

Introduction:
Hey guys, this is my second tactic i have created for this years FM, before I created a 442 this time I have created a tactic that resembles a 4231 IRL but in game it would be a 4411. This tactic is by no means a possession based tactic, in all my games i get around 30-50% possession but that doesn't mean its not successful, this tactic creates a lot of CCC?s per games and concedes very few, this is because team try to "play" against us and due to the tactic being deep and compact it is very hard to break down and then we counter with pace usually giving use a 4v2 situation around their box. Now on to the tactic its self...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tactic:
View attachment 393842
As stated above the tactic looks like a 4411 but in game it plays as like a 4231. Some key elements of the tactic is the Wide Men being played in the MR&ML spots instead of the AMR&AML, I chose to do this as they will help track back and defend more also they have more space and freedom to move, by starting lower, they will have more space to exploit when we execute the counter attack. Secondly the 2 DM?s like the Wide Men they are lower to help the defence but by being lower they also have more of the pitch to exploit with passes, as they are both set to "More Direct Passes" it allows them to have more time on the ball and more space to ping balls into. Another key element of the tactic is the link up play between the SS & the DLF, these 2 will be your main outlet when attacking but they will also put pressure on the opposition defenders and midfielders to help win the ball back quicker, hassle opponents will also help this. Finally the "Play Narrower" instruction helps the team defend the central areas where most of the opposition will be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table:
View attachment 393833
As you can see I finished 3rd in La Liga with Celta Vigo a team predicted to finish 16th! Personally I think you would agree also due to the team minuscule transfer budget and squad depth this result is even more impressive! We had some amazing results along the way, but due to injuries and bad quality players we couldn't break the top two, but I'm 100% sure that if I had better players and less injuries I could of broke the Barca, Real dominance.

Key
Results:
View attachment 393826View attachment 393825
After struggling for roughly 10 games with another tactic I thought id create my own tactic to try and after successfully creating this tactic I implemented it into this save just before the Barca game and as you can see the following results have been amazing!

View attachment 393824
vs Barca 2-1
The first key result with this tactic was a 2-1 Home win vs Barca (the first game with this tactic) as you can see we created 4 CCC?s to their 0, and they only scored from a corner and an own goal but we dominated the rest of the game, even with 37% possession!

View attachment 393820
vs Rayo 6-0
The second key result was 6-0 win vs a fellow relegation struggler Rayo, as you can see we created 5 CCC?s to their 0 and we did all this with only 45% possession highlighting how efficient the counter attack is.

View attachment 393815
vs Levante 0-3
The final screenshot shows a solid 3-0 in a game that we was expected to loose but yet again we came out on top with 3 CCC?s and 46% possession!

Players:
GK:
View attachment 393814
Ruben Blanco was my first choice goalie for most of the season and as you can see he has potential but he's not amazing, due to him not being amazing it highlights how effective the tactic is defensively as we managed to keep a lot of clean sheets. The main way the opposition score is through threw balls or balls over the top so reflexes and rushing out are key stats for the keeper.
Defence:
View attachment 393812View attachment 393811View attachment 393809View attachment 393808
This was my first choice defence when fit as you can see they are all really young but they played amazing considering their stats are pretty bad, for the RB and LB make sure they are good going forward and for the CB?s make sure they have the standard defensive stats along with Composure, Anticipation and Positioning.
Midfield:
View attachment 393798View attachment 393797View attachment 393795View attachment 393793
This was my first choice midfield from left to right, as you can see my midfield wasn't bad but not up to scratch with the rest of the league but it performed quite well. The LM will play as a IF as Nolito is right footed whereas my RM is right footed, for the best results I would play a left footed player on the right and vice versa as Nolito performed better out of my Wide Men by 1 assist. Secondly the 2 DM?s need to be accomplished on the ball as they both have "More Direct Passes" set as it helps with the defence and the counter attacking so the better passing the better, they also need to be able to tackle and defend for the best results.
Attack:
View attachment 393792
My SS, Rafinha was very hit and miss in my season, most of the CCC?s I created fell to him but for some reason he couldn't finish at all, he could of got 15+ goals this season but only managed 5 so I would recommend Finishing to be essential, if you have to convert a Striker into the AMC position for more goals, the SS will also get a bucket load of assists so passing is also essential.
View attachment 393791
The ST was my top performer and only signing, Soriano managed 26 goals in 38 games which is an amazing return for a new signing and average striker. Key stats are finishing as he will also be presented with a lot of CCC?s but he also needs to be able to pass as he will drop deep and feed other players.

Stats:
View attachment 393790View attachment 393789
As predicted my ST was the top scorer and my SS was the top assister.

Match Training: Balanced, High, 50% & Att Mov

OI: OI?s are already incorporated in the tactic so don't change them
Set Pieces: The attacking corners are very good, but the defensive corners are not so good so you can change it if you would like

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download
V1 Tactic Offside Trap (For fast defences 13+ Pace, Good Positioning Needed & CB?s must be used to playing together)
View attachment 393786

V2 Tactic No Offside (For Slower Defences or CB?s that are not used to each other)
View attachment 393595

Last edited:
First friendly against Roma, away, crushed them 4-0 at half time. 4-2 full time. My team is Sporting CP. Looks good.

edit:
View attachment 393671

I've been using this tactic in away games, and another more attacking 4-2-3-1 in home games.
With this tactic, normally, they dominated the game, but i win, like that results with Porto and Monaco. I'm in a winning streak and that's what matters :)
I've a very weak team, i'm low on cash and most of the players are formed at the club. Still youngsters. So, i think this tactic is doing fine by now, thanks for sharing it ;)

Last edited:
First friendly against Roma, away, crushed them 4-0 at half time. 4-2 full time. My team is Sporting CP. Looks good.

edit:
View attachment 558306

I've been using this tactic in away games, and another more attacking 4-2-3-1 in home games.
With this tactic, normally, they dominated the game, but i win, like that results with Porto and Monaco. I'm in a winning streak and that's what matters :)
I've a very weak team, i'm low on cash and most of the players are formed at the club. Still youngsters. So, i think this tactic is doing fine by now, thanks for sharing it ;)
Good results mate

edit:
View attachment 558306

How many CCC?s did your team and the opposition create?

CCC's: In the matches against:
- Porto (away): Porto 0 - Sporting 3, but Porto with 63% ball possession and 17 shots against 6.
- Monaco (away): Monaco 1 - Sporting 3, 50% 50%, 16 shots from monaco against 7 mine.
- Rio Ave(away): Rio Ave 4 - Sporting 3, 61% for Rio Ave, and 18 shots against 14 mine. I was dominated again, but this time against a smaller team. But i won 1-0, so i think that's what matters :p

The others were more or less like this.

- Porto (away): Porto 0 - Sporting 3, but Porto with 63% ball possession and 17 shots against 6.
- Monaco (away): Monaco 1 - Sporting 3, 50% 50%, 16 shots from monaco against 7 mine.
- Rio Ave(away): Rio Ave 4 - Sporting 3, 61% for Rio Ave, and 18 shots against 14 mine. I was dominated again, but this time against a smaller team. But i won 1-0, so i think that's what matters :p

Try taking off the offside trap it might improve the defence

I will try with at. Madrid.

View attachment 393594
Try version 2 defends better!

Updated the OP with the Match Training and V2 Tactic

Gonna test with a new team!