leckuno

Reaction score
2v7xw5x.png

I’ve not seen any stories with Everton and with the amount of money they spent in the summer they aren’t doing great so why not give them a shot and try and rebuild them into a team that can challenge for the league.

Its going to be a big job with needing to continue the rebuilding of the playing squad and of the backroom staff.

Everton Football Club is a football club in Liverpool, England, that competes in the Premier League, the top flight of English football. The club have competed in the top division for a record 114 seasons, missing the top division only four times (1930–31 and three consecutive seasons starting with 1951–52) since The Football League was created in 1888. Everton have won 15 major trophies: the League Championship nine times (fourth most as of 2017–18), the FA Cup five times (ninth most) and the UEFA Cup Winners Cup once.

Formed in 1878, Everton were founding members of The Football League in 1888 and won their first League Championship two seasons later. Following four League Championship and two FA Cup wins, Everton experienced a lull in the immediate post World War Two period, until a revival in the 1960s, which saw the club win two League Championships and an FA Cup. The mid-1980s represented their most recent period of sustained success, with two League Championships, an FA Cup, and the 1985 European Cup Winners' Cup. The club's most recent major trophy was the 1995 FA Cup.

The club's supporters are known as Evertonians. Everton have a rivalry with neighbours Liverpool, and the two sides contest the Merseyside derby. The club has been based at Goodison Park in Walton, Liverpool, since 1892, after moving from Anfield following a row over its rent. The club's home colours are royal blue shirts with white shorts and socks.

So I’ve take charge of Everton on the 29th​ May 2017. This is going to be a big job and I hope I’m up to the challenge.

First things first is to build my backroom staff. First in Is Toninho Cruz as a new scot long with Derek Langley. Both ex Man Utd scouts so bring in lots of experience. We then brng in ex Ajax head of youth development Wim Jonk who has an excellent track record. Wolfgang Rolff comes in as my new assistant as Duncan Ferguson just wont cut it and he won’t go back to being a coach. We then add Paul McGuinness, Massimo Neri and Sergio Zanetti to bolster the coaches.

Now comes to the squad rebuilding. The board were very generous and gave me more to spend on wages and agreed to invest 100% transfers back into the playing squad.

Muhamed Besic was sold to West Ham for 15.5 million, Luke Garbutt went to Sheffield Utd for 2 million, Aaron Lennon to Leicester for 12.5 million, Maarten Stekelenburg has also joined Zenit for 800k and Oumar Niasse to Lazio for 7.5 million. Niasse and Stekelenburg will be leaving on the 1st​ July.

To bolster the squad I have concentrated on the positions that need strengthened the most. Moussa Dembele has come in from celtic for 17.75 million, Jose Gaya was bought in from Valencia for 15 million and will be the long term replacement for Baines. Diego Reyes has come in from Porto for 3.2 million to cover in the CB position. Eddy Salcedo has also come in for 700k to be a great player for the future.

I am currently at the end of June so Bring on pre-season and I can see who else I can sign as I still have 18 million to spend and plenty of leeway in the wage budget.

34ebyqf.png

Last edited:
So with Pre-season also comes the Europa league qualifiers. We are in the third qualifying round.

With the draw taking place we eagerly awaited our opponents as we got drawn against Scottish team Aberdeen so we already have a battle of Britain this early on in the competition.

We have 6 friendlies to get the team playing well together and to get used to my tactics so we can try and progress in Europe since the club expect us to at least reach the quarter finals.

So the club expectations are as below:
1zqvscp.jpg

The league finish should be pretty easy I would expect us to be at worse mid table if not qualifying for the Europa league again.

So with pre season underway and it going well with 5 victories and 2 draws we come up against Aberdeen at Goodison Park to get our competitive games underway.

Nikola Vlasic gets the scoring underway in the first minute and this was then followed up by 2 goals from Gylfi Sigursson to take the first leg 3-0. For the return leg we changed the players around to give other people a chance since the game was already won. Ademola Lookman opened the scoring in the first minutes of extra time in the first half. Graeme Shinnie got a goal back but Tom Davis got the Winner in the 87th​ minute.

28ib9dx.jpg

So my preferred formation is 4-2-3-1 as shown below with the preferred instructions. Once everybody is back from injury this will be my starting 11 as well.
2yn1dgo.png

I’m looking for a new AMR to take over from Mirallas. Pavon was rejected a work permit so I will try for him again in January

Last edited:
That looks like pretty good business for the first transfer window - £12.5m for Lennon is astonishing!! You get the feeling Everton are only a couple of key signings away from being regulars in the European Cup if not more and a consistent goal-scorer will be key so hope Dembele can do the business for you.

Will be following this. As an Everton fan I will be interested to see how you get on

So the season begins and the rest of August is going to be buys with 5 games in 15 days since we have the final Qualifying round of the Europa League. We start with a trip away to Swansea where we run out 1-0 winners with Morgan Schneiderlin scoring the winner in the 90th​ minute. Next up we take a trip to Portugal to face CS Maritimo. Dembele got 2 goals with Calvert Lewin getting a third but we conceded in the 92 minute but still ran out a 3-1 win. Dembele getting his first goals for the club should hopefully be good for his confidence.

Next up was our first league game at Goodison against West Brom. Dembele got his first league goal of the season to win the game 1-0. Next we entertained CS Maritimo at Goodison for the return leg. We got the fear after going 1-0 down in the 27th​ minute but Lookman pegged back straight away in the 28th​ minute. He then put us in front in the 38th​ minute. We then got 2 second half goals from Vlasic and Schneiderlin as well.

Finally we travelled to London to face Tottenham where we fell behind again to a goal from Eriksen but Dembele popped up again to score the equaliser with the game finishing 1-1.

20upk5h.png

Finally the draw for the Europa league came around and I think we have an excellent chance in progressing and I will be looking to take top spot in the group.

161ffgo.png

We also concluded one more final piece of business in the transfer window on the final day and signed Samu Cstillejo from Villarreal for 13.5 Million.

So September brings a busy month we have 3 league games, 2 Europa league games and a Carabao cup game so we are going to have to do a fair bit of rotation to get us through the games as this all starts after the first international break.

First up is Burnley where Dembele manages to score a well finished goal in the 34th​ minute to win the game 1-0.
After this game as well Barcelona came in with an offer of £35 million for Schneiderlin which I accepted as I feel that I can replace him with somebody better and younger and the rest will also help improve the squad.

Next up was our first game in the Europa league against Dynamo Kyiv at home. We rotaed the squad a lot here as we have Chelsea away straight after this game this. Sandro scores his first goal of the club to put us ahead in the 63rd​ minute. Moraes equalized in the 84th​ minute for Kyiv. Vlasic popped up with the winning goal though in the 86th​ minute to give us a well earned 3 points.

So our third home game in a row came against Chelsea. Idrissa Gueye scored the opener in the 52nd​ minute to give us the lead. Batshuayi scored the equaliser in the 78th​ minute and we managed to hold onto a draw. If I was given a draw before kick off I would of taken it. We then host Bristol City in the cup with us again doing a full rotation as Man utd follow 3 days later. Sandro starts and scores again in the 33rd​ minute. Baines then gets 2 penalties in the 44th​ and 54th​ minutes and scores them both. Vlasic scored the 4th​ and final goal in the 56th​ minute.

Next was a trip to Old Trafford. We knew this was going to be a tough game but we were thrown a life line when Valencia was sent off for the hosts in the 15th​ minute for a straight red which bolstered the confidence of the players as they realised they would have a chance now against 10 men. The footballing gods were looking down on us that day as a foul on Rooney in the box brought a penalty. Leighton Baines stepped up with Confidence from scoring 2 in the last game and slotted it away to win the game 1-0.

The final game of the month brought us up against Vitesse. A full rotation again to make sure we had fresh legs brought Sandro another start. This was rewarded with goals in the 8th​ and 35th​ minute which happened to be either side of a Lookman goal in the 17th​ minute to put us 3-0 up at half time. The second half though was a disaster and Vitesse made it hard for us and scored 2 to take it right to the end but we did win 3-2.
It was a successful month and we are still unbeaten.
10n9d3n.png

So the start of the month brings Arsenal in the league at the Emirates. Castillejo put us ahead in the 7th​ minute but Arsenal managed to equalise 5 minutes later though Lacazette. The game finished 1-1 which was good considering Holgate got sent off with 10 minutes to go. Next up we were staying in London with a trip to Crystal Palace. This finished a dull 0-0 draw to give us 2 draws in a row.

Next up we were off to German to face Hoffenheim in the Europa league. Lookman opened the scoring with Klassen getting a goal a minute later to put us 2-0 up. Amiri got a goal back before half time but Baines killed the game in the 82nd​ minute with a penalty. This put us in pole position with 9 points from our 3 games.

For a change of pace we travelled to the south coast to face Bournemouth in the Carabao cup 4th​ round. Holgate scored the all important opener but Afobe got the equaliser. The game went into extra time where substitute Calvert-Lewin got the winner to see us through to the quarter final.
The final game of the month was the biggest game of the season so far where we played hosts to Liverpool in the league in the first Merseyside derby under my tenure. We knew it was important to get a result to make sure the fans stayed with me. Castilljo opened the scoring in the 10th​ minute to put us ahead. Sigursson scored the second just before half time to give us a commanding lead and we managed to win the game 2-0.

We really need to do something about goals from upfront as our current strikers just aren’t scoring. To help fund another new striker we have agreed to sell 30 year old Kevin Mirallas to Shanggang for 17.5 million

vxi7wg.png

To start November off we have re-invested some of the money with confirming the signing of Yerry Mina who will be joining to strengthen the defence from January. Through the month we have also agreed to sell Davy Klaassen to Southampton for 21 million. He just wasn’t getting game time and I feel the money is better spent elsewhere in the squad. The clear out is well under way now.

First up was the return game for Hoffenheim. We started off really well and Nordtveit scored an own goal in the 2nd​ minute. Wagner then scored to bring it back to 1-1. Dembele got us back on track followed by a goal from Gueye and another from Davis to win the game 4-1.

3 days later we travelled to Newcastle in the league Atsu scored to put the hosts ahead in the 75th​ minutes but Ross Barkley scored the equaliser and final goal in the 90th​ minute to secure us a point. Next up we travelled down to the south coast to face Bournemouth in the league. Defoe put the hosts in front but Lookman managed to get us back in the game in the 44th​ minutes. Marc pugh popped up with the final goal of the game and we suffered our first loss of the season 2-1 to the hosts.

Next up we are away again to Ukraine, Wayne Rooney puts us ahead from the penalty spot in the 28th​ minute by Moraes pulls it back straight away a minute later. Kravets then puts the hosts ahead but Dembele scores the final goal of the game in the 88th​ minute for it to end 2-2.

Finally we are back at home to face West Ham, Klaassen puts us ahead in the 3rd​ minute followed by a goal from Lookman to put us 2-0 up. Hernandez pulls one back to make it 2-1. After half time Lanzini scores 2 quick fire goals to put West Ham 3-2 up. Lookman scores the final goal of the game to salavage a 3-3 draw. The game just fell away from us in the end.

The final game of the month and we are at home to Stoke. We could really do with a win since we have 3 draws and 1 loss in the final 4 games. Sigurosson puts us ahead in the 3rd​ minute from the penalty spot. Berahino equalises in the 20th​ minute. Surely this isn’t going to go the same way as the last few. Lookman is the saviour though and scores an excellent Hatrick to win the game 4-1 and finish the month on a high.

j6lc9j.png

Sorry guys my daughter managed to delete my game.

Mods please delete the story as it won't be getting continued now