The Red Devils Second Season Buying and Selling

• Thread starter Thread starter 04lcrost
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

04lcrost

Reaction score
Okay so it's the time of year in my second season for Man Utd where I get to see how much I have to spend on my squad in the summer. After doing the treble in my first season with getting few signings (Akinfeev, Lukaku), the board have given me a budget of £98 million with a wage budget of £1.7 million.

Who do I buy and sell?

Last seasons ins and outs:

In: Lee Hodson, Danny, Tomas Necid, Jordan Mutch, Igor Akinfeev, Romelu Lukaku and Tiago Alves

Out: Park Ji Sung, Joshua King, Darron Gibson, Michael Carrick, Wes Brown, Gabriel Obertan, Mame Biram Diouf

The positions I think I am in need of filling in are:

Striker: Might sell Berbatov (opinions) and I have Rooney as a AML and Lukaku as a complete forward. So I am in need of a striker or possibly two

Midfielder: I will definitely need to invest in a CM or two, someone who is strong getting forward and then a strong supporting midfielder

RB: I play Rafael but I want someone more experienced and stronger

CB: I need a strong young CB or two to replace Ferdinand and Vidic as they are getting on a bit

5eigls.png

CB - Kjaer, Sakho, Munoz.
RB - Darijo Srna.
CM - Moussa Sissoko, Yann M'Vila(sp), Hamsik, Hazard.
ST - Lucas Barrios, Aguero, Kiessling.

ST: Khouma Babacar.
CM: Javier Pastore.
RB: Mattia Cassani.
CB: Leonel Galeano, Nicolas Nkoulou, Raphael Varane, Rafael Toloi, Miranda.

ST: Babacar, Neymar
CM: Pastore, Ganso (Paulo Henrique), Sahin, M'Vila, Moussa Sissoko
RB: Sergio Ramos
CB: Sakho, Kjaer, Galeano, Phil Jones*

Rafael is good enough for RB ;), but if you need a backup or something, sign Romario from Victoria ( not sure, but he's young, 17 or so ).
CB, Sakho, Varane, Jack Rodwell, the usual.
CM, Pastore, Paulo Henrique, Eden Hazard.
ST, Leo from Cruzeiro is great prospect for future, and just use Chicharito-Lukaku-Macheda ( Hernandez should score for fun). But if you really need a good striker who can score a lot, Edison Cavani is your man ( 30-40m is necessary )
Good luck.

hope this helps...

i am currently on my third season with utd. With the second season i didnt make too many additions to the squad. it doesnt need rebuilding at this point. leave it until the end of your 2nd to make major purchases in key positions e.g cm or striker.

keep berba for the 2nd year but then let him go on a free at the end of the season, forcing you to buy a replacement, i suggest eren derdiyok. He plays the same as berb but is only 22-23 yrs old! i may have spelt his surname wrong but just search eren and he'll come up. You may think hes an unproven player, but this isnt a bad thing, he scores goals for fun. I bought him for juventus on one save for 4m, in his first season he played 47 times and scored 37 goals, his value quadrupled. If you want a cheaper option but still has plenty of potential, go for Sanogo, turns into a top target man and can be purchased for a mere 1.6m if you give them around 20% of future sale.

for the rb problem, i suggest letting Rafeal go, he doesnt bring anything special to a squad and can get a big fee for him from a top spanish club. bring in Srna from Shakhtar for around 12.5m and then as a back up, i suggest Serge Aurier from Lens, only 17 and becomes outstanding!

A fantastic cb from schalke is Howedes. get him for around 10.75m and is only 22-23. Strong, good at heading, keeps his composure and concentration when it matters and also scores a fair few as well. As you said you wanted 2 cb's, there are a few more you could look at, Muniesa from barca becomes world class but they are reluctant to let him go as he fills in for puyol when he retires. Also take a look at Shawcross from Stoke, becomes a full international very soon. May have to bid around 12m to get a negotiation fee back. Keep smalling even though you may get interest from spurs or chels.

A good young CM from inter, Lorenzo Crisetig (touted as next danielle de rossi), can play as a ball winning midfielder if Fletcher gets injured every now and again. If you give him enough first team games he progresses really well in this first season. I see you've bought Jordan Mutch, i hate to break it to you but he does not live up to his media expectations. Send him out on loan. If your not too late, go for Thiago from Barca, he is out of contract and is very creative.

You may want to look into getting a new LM as nani might get injured and giggs isnt getting any younger. He cost me an arm and a leg but i went for Bale. He cost me 40m but he is fantastic and i dont regret it one bit. Akinfeev is also a good choice seeing as Der Sar retires!

I have noticed this is a HUGE post! I am very sorry for taking your time to read this! hope it all does help though mate. And let me know if you took any of my ideas on board.

Good luck bro.

Rooney is wasted out on the left, partner him with Lukaku, move Nani to the left and play Valencia down the right.

Rafael is a wonderkid, he simply has to be first-choice RB. His brother should be in the pecking order ahead of O'shea too. You're only in your second season, there's plenty more seasons to get out of Vidic & Evans/Smalling are great cover for Rio.

For midfield, sign M'vila/Vidal/Moussa Sissoko to do the defensive work, and bring in Christian Eriksen/Ganso/Thiago Alcantara (he should be a free agent) to challenge Anderson for a starting role.

Back