The Return Of The Non-Flying Dutchman - Arsenal FC

AdamAfc

Reaction score
Arsene Wenger has officially resigned from Arsenal Football Club with immediate effect. The club haven't had much to say on the matter except that they are looking to find a replacement as quickly as they can. Reports are that Pep Guardiola is the current favourite to take the hotseat with assistant Steve Bould at the same odds as Arsenal legend and fan favourite Dennis Bergkamp to be elected for the job. With Arsenal being on a bit of a barren run with trophies in the past few years it will be expected that the next man in charge can help lead them to glory once again.
View attachment 294481

BERGKAMP ANNOUNCED AS ARSENAL MANAGER.

Arsenal fan favourite Dennis Bergkamp has been announced as the new Arsenal manager, taking over the reins from Arsene Wenger. The Arsenal board have made it clear to Bergkamp that they expect Arsenal to compete on all fronts whilst playing fast attacking football, Keeping the majority of the ball possession each game and also bringing youth prospects into the first team.

Next update will include transfers and a few results as I have already got a few games into the season.

Transfers and Pre-Season

I have assessed the squad and decided to make a few acquisitions and also let a few players go.

TRANSFERS IN
Ademilson - £5.25 million - I'm sure everyone knows about him but he gives me an extra option upfront and also a good option for the future.

Wellington Nem - £3.5 million - Another well-known name but hard to resist for such a low price tag.

Adryan - £875k - A player that I will look to loan out and eventually blood him into the first team squad at the start of the second season.

Isco - £17.5 million - Wasn't originally a target of mine until one of my scouts brought him to my attention, Will provide cover for Santi Cazorla and will also get a few games from a wider position.

Kurt Zouma - £5 million - Originally tried to sign him straight away but was quoted way too much, I then got an email telling me he was unhappy at Saint-Ettiene and had been placed on the transfer-list by request. I attempted a cheeky £5 million bid and to my surprise it was accepted!

Marouane Fellaini - £24 million - He was being chased by Manchester City so I decided to put a bid in for him as he was just what I needed in the middle of the park, Had to ask the board for more money to make the transfer go through and they duly accepted.

Liam Brady is my head of youth development and he has gone ahead and signed Mason Bennett, Luke Shaw, Muralha, Ruan, Gustavo Henrique and Cidinho. I decided to accept all these deals as all of the players looked like they have decent potential and will be useful in the future.

I personally believe that these players will contribute to the team and be worth their price-tags.

TRANSFERS OUT

A lot of young players have gone out on loan which is good as I hope they can gain some first-team experience. Most notable transfers out were:

Andrey Arshavin - £7 million - PSG - Wasnt in my first-team plans and the money was too good to turn down.

Johan Djourou - Loan 250k P/M - PSG - Tried to get rid of him permanently but no one wanted him so I decided to accept the loan offer from PSG.

Vito Mannone - Loan - Salamanca - Not in my plans and there was no interest from any clubs so decided to send him to one of our affiliate clubs.

Ignasi Miquel - Loan 70k P/M - Ipswich - Good deal and will allow him to get game time.

Sebastien Squillaci - £4 million - Malaga - Terrible player and not good enough for my team, Didnt think Malaga would have enough money to sign him but they did and now they're lumbered with the french chocolate teapot in the heart of their defence.

Francis Coquelin - Loan £150k P/M - LOSC Lille - Good player who needs game time and will get it in a good league with a decent team.

Mauro Tossetti was bought in as my assistant manager and I also decided to chop and change a few minor members of staff.

Pre-Season

Only Three pre-season games as I felt any more would be unnecessary

Arsenal 5-0 Arsenal Reserves

Santi Cazorla(6, 50)
Lukas Podolski(67, 71)
Olivier Giroud(34)

Vannes OC 2-7
Arsenal

Steevy Negouai(18)
Antoine Ponroy(72)
Lukas Podolski (25)
Jack Wilshere (Pen 40)
Olivier Giroud (42)
Isco (48,88)
Ademilson (58,64)

Tours FC 0-2 Arsenal
Olivier Giroud (36)
Thomas Vermaelen (57)

Very happy with pre-season, will show the results of a few of the Premier League games later.

August Results

A good start to the Premier League campaign, Just hoping we can keep playing consistently well.

Arsenal 3-0 Fulham
Santi Cazorla (5)
Lukas Podolski (Pen 20)
Thomas Vermaelen (42)

Fulham didn't even threaten our goal, Nice stable win and three points to start the season.

Everton 0-1 Arsenal
Lukas Podolski (39)

Tough place to go to especially so early on in the season, but a nice result. One negative that Aaron Ramsey fractured his ribs and wont be available for a few weeks.

Also to note that young full back Wallace has been signed from Fluminese for £4.4 million and will join at the end of the season.

View attachment 294552
Champions League Draw.
Arsenal
Benfica
LOSC Lille
Gladbach

Some tough away trips there but I believe we should be able to progress as long as we gain at least 12 points from our 6 games.

September Results

Overall a good month, one slight blip but I still have confidence in the team to progress.

Arsenal 1-0 Man City
Ademilson (62)

Nice win against a title rival, Good to see Ademilson nick a goal, Hopefully we can keep winning these types of games.

West Ham 1-5 Arsenal
O'Neil (58)
Isco (39)
Theo Walcott (45)
Lukas Podolski (54)
Olivier Giroud (68)
Mikel Arteta (70)

Nice routine win away against a London rival, Also 3rd round draw for the League Cup has been made and we will face Man United at The Emirates.

Benfica 2-0 Arsenal
Rodrigo (48,61)

We played terribly and Rodrigo completely ran the show, a much better performance will be needed next time.

Chelsea 1-2 Arsenal
Thomas Vermaelen (20)
Olivier Giroud (26)
David Luiz (45)

Quality win against a London rival, David Luiz did incredibly well for them but we pulled through, Well played boys!

Arsenal 3-1 Man United
Tom Cleverley (14)
Ademilson (36)
Thomas Vermaelen (52)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (91)

What a win! This was the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup and we deserved to progress, Very happy! Also Chelsea and Liverpool exited the cup as well as Man United so we now have a great chance of silverware as long as we don't get complacent!

Arsenal 5-0 Sunderland
Thomas Vermaelen (16)
Jack Wilshere (18)
Theo Walcott (29)
Marouane Fellaini (32)
Santi Cazorla (54)

Absolute domination and Sunderland looked extremely weak, If we keep this form up then no one can stop us!

More updates tomorrow hopefully, If anyone's following could you let me know? just out of interest!​

4th Round Draw for the Capital One Cup

View attachment 294569
Clearly a few big names are missing which I believe means that we have a great chance in this competition, I will continue to play some of my reserve players just so that they get some game time.

October Results

A good month, really pleased with the wins we're getting.

Arsenal 3-1 LOSC Lille
Nolan Roux (29)
Theo Walcott (36)
Jack Wilshere (57)
Lukas Podolski (74)

A good result that helps us push towards the knockout stage.

Aston Villa 0-3 Arsenal
Theo Walcott (59)
Santi Cazorla (84)
Lukas Podolski (90)

Tough away game and a well fought win.

Arsenal5-0 Swansea
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (3, 40)
Theo Walcott (21)
Jack Wilshere (74)
Isco (83)

Nice win against a struggling side. Easy ;)

Arsenal2-0 Gladbach
Lukas Podolski (43)
Thomas Vermaelen (63)

Granit Xhaka sent off

Another step towards the knockout rounds against a very efficient team.

Arsenal 1-0 Wigan
Thomas Vermaelen (8)

Jack wilshere small injury meaning he will miss our next game. Not a very convincing win which is a slight worry.

Burnley 0-1 Arsenal
Ademilson (80)

Progression in the Capital One Cup but a poor game. The next round will be played against Reading.

November Results

Still not lost a Premier League game although Europe is proving much tougher.

Southampton 0-1 Arsenal
Koscielny (75)

Would have expected to win by more but a goals a goal.

Gladbach 1-1
Arsenal
Santi Cazorla (5)
Filip Daems (Pen 41)

Annoying not to win against a weak team.

Reading 1-4 Arsenal
Adam Le Fondre (28)
Isco (7,41)
Thomas Vermaelen (35)
Ademilson (62)

A nice convincing win, Also note that I managed to sign Papadopoulos and Martin Montoya and they will be joining in January.

Arsenal 4-0 Liverpool
Lukas Podolski (36,65,82)
Theo Walcott (90)
Koscielny sent off

Very good win over a team who should be doing better, Koscielny with a pointless red card was the only negative.

Arsenal 3-0 Benfica
Lukas Podolski (35,41)
Olivier Giroud (88)

Nice bit of revenge for the loss earlier in the season.

Man Utd 1-2 Arsenal
Theo Walcott (8)
Marouane Fellaini (22)
Rio Ferdinand (50)

Very pleased to have beaten our rivals, also noticed that Robin Van Persie broke his leg in pre-season and wont be playing for another year!!!! Not a competitive appearance since he signed for United haha!

CAPITAL ONE CUP QUARTER FINAL
Arsenal 2-1 Reading
Aaron Ramsey (15)
Ademilson (79)

Noel Hunt (89)

I feel that we have a massive chance in the Capital One cup due to it being us, Everton, Stoke and Bristol City left in the competition!

QPR 1-3 Arsenal
John Guidetti (50)
Wellington Nem (12)
Lukas Podolski (31)
Theo Walcott (30)

Nice win here, Wellington Nem taking his opportunity.

LOSC Lille 3-3 Arsenal
Saloman Kalou (3)
Nolan Roux (11)
Ryan Mendes De Graca (80)

Thomas Vermaelen (18)
Santi Cazorla (41)
Theo Walcott (90)

Disappointing result leading us to be 2nd in the group and it also means we will face a tougher team than what we had hoped.

Well done in the COC, also everyone seems to get Benfica in the groups and when they play them Rodrigo steals the show. Y U NO SIGN RODRIGO