TOTALMANAGER

Reaction score
View attachment 258777View attachment 258777Basically, what this challenge is to get a team, e.g. AFC Ajax or Sampdoria, back to there former glory! So, going back to the days when Van Basten and co dominated Europe or when Nottingham Forest lifted the european cup! The guidelines of this challenge are as follows: You can go about it in 3 ways,
1 - Redknapp-esque were as you wheeler deal, not going outside the transfer budget, no huge signings. Sticking to what is provided.
2 - Nationalistic. This is like Ajax, they have produced players like: Cruyff, Van Basten, Huntelaar, Sneijder and Van Der Vaart and also many others. Basically, doing it in the Nationalistic way is to stick predominantly to your home countries players. Like what Kenny Dalglish did at Liverpool.
3 - Secure. This is also like what Liverpool have previously done. This is were you can make the big signings as long as you can make the money back via selling. A bit like the Harry Redknapp way but on a bigger scale. This is what Liverpool did with Fernando Torres, they sold him for the lump sum. And brought in two massive signings.
* Also, you may only use the two default databases or the Football Manager Whizzkids database. To get it go to https://www.facebook.com/TheRealFmPageWithMartinJamesAndSteve?ref=ts and ask for a link! *

So, feel free to post suggestions of teams and your results below if you want to give it a try, and good look! Below are a couple of ideas from me personally! :)

- Get AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons into the premier league.
- Win a european cup with Fiorentina who had been runners up in both forms of the european club tournaments
- Bring back european glory to the City Ground with Nottingham Forest
- Lift the Champions League again with AFC Ajax
- Bring Champions League glory back to the Estadio Da Luz with Benfica
- Heres a tough one, win Steua Bucharest there 2nd Champions League crown!
- Relive Porto's 2004 Champions League triumph and win The Champions League!
- Win Flamengo there first Copa Libertadores since 1981
- Regain the Copa Libertadores with Vasco De Gama and win them there 2nd continental championship!
- Independiente have won the Copa Libertadores the most times (7) But, the last time they won the title was back
in 1984, win them there 8th!
- The legendary River Plate have been relegated. Re ignite the spark at the club and win them there first Copa
Libertadores title since 1996.
- Get Bradford back into the Premier League
- Get Pompey into a sound financial state and back into the Premier League
- Win England there first World Cup since the Wembley triumph of 66'. Try to avoid penalties ;)
- Win Uruguay there first World Cup since 1950
- Win the mighty Holland there first ever World Cup, many of the worlds best have tried, and failed.

Last edited:
I think I will have a go with Vasco, thanks a lot man!

- Win England there first World Cup since the Wembley triumph of 66'. Try to avoid penalties ;)

I did win the 2018 World Cup with England, but I had to do it through penalties (1-1 vs France, 3-0 pens)

im going to do ajax but as a wheeler dealer should be fun