The Rise Above Race - A Metalist Kharkiv Story.

DieBayern1900

Reaction score
57173192_640.jpg

As I sat in the
stands, A CP jacket on to hide my face, and a pair of gloves to hide the colour of my hands. I watched my beloved Metalist Kharkiv destroy Dynamo Kiev on the last day of the season, Ultras letting smoke bombs off filling my lungs with complete filth, Raising one arm up as if they had just seen the devil himself Adolf Hitler, and hearing conversations involving racially aggravated language, I left, disgusted. Having lived here in Kharkiv, Ukraine all my life, I've encountered a lot of disturbing racial abuse, me and my family. When playing in the lower divisions of the Ukrainian football system, Fans would still come in their thousands to "heil hitler" and abuse me, Hitting me with bananas, making monkey noises, Calling me the "N" word. I had hidden my identity going to the games, As i had been attacked before, By Home and away supporters, I didn't want to live like this, but it was the only way to keep safe. If only Mr King was still alive today to give a heart warming speech about our rights as human beings, and equality for all man kind. These animals needed a good boot up the ****. My love for the club Metalist has faded over the years after "ultras" took over the place, Heiling Hitler, Racial banners, Attacks on foreign people who are even supporting the same team, It had to stop. I would love to make a difference, But there is absolutely no way I could. The Police, Government, Politicians, They're all corrupt over here, They do nothing to help the black and Asian minority in the country, I was stuck in a country full of hate.

As I got home, My wife Andrea pointed towards the TV, Sports news was on and the headline "MyronMarkevych leaves Metalist after forward Taison is racially abused"
An overwhelming sense of happiness filled my body, At least some people were taking a stand for the racism. The reporter then added "The Metalist board agree that racism around the ground must be stopped and therefore all ultras have been banned from the stadium for life. And more on thematter, A source inside the club has admitted the chairman is looking for a black manager to take over from Markevych toshow that they are anti-racism and Anti-Fascist." The news lightened my day up, I instantly knew that this was destiny, I was already experienced in coaching after taking the Karpaty reserve team. I got the chairman's e-mail address online and sent a request to set up meeting with him regarding the new vacancy. I of course mentioned i was black, To give myself a head start, All I could do was sit and wait ...
200px-FC_Metalist_Kharkiv.svg.png

Last edited:
Your formatting is all over the place, I also don't really agree with the storyline you are trying to adopt I think it's a bit a patronizing for black people adopting a black manager just to show the club is not racist... sorry to be so negative but you should just concentrate on the football.

Back