• I dont think you will

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Its too early to say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kieranlfc

Reaction score
NOTE: I started a game similar to this recently, but i started in the National Korean league and work my way up,with a team called Makpo, I have never struggled so much with a team in all my life!! No transfer budget, a **** wage budget the tightest board in the history of Football Manager who had the money but wouldn't even invest in a parent club! I am not usually a quitter but i seriously was not enjoying managing the club, but i know i enjoy managing in the K league.

As an amateur coach in England, I loved my Job and my passion for football will always be alight, I will never forget my chance to become a professional footballer, if it wasn't for my injury, so early on in my career perhaps I could of played for a decent league side and of managed a big club eventually, though there is no point in wondering what ifs. On a coaching trip to South Korea, I met a new passion in my life my new wife, though she insisted I stay in South Korea I agreed and gave up my lifelong passion for love. Away from England was too hard, although the Koreans are very passionate about Football it just wasn't the same as being in England so I worked as a coach at a K league club Daegu FC, one of the youngest professional clubs around only founded in 2003, I have always had an influence over people and been good at getting them motivated, I was always chosen captain no matter what team i played for. When the manager suddenly had to leave due to personal reasons the board asked me to temporarily step in while they try to find the right man for the job they said they know the player respect and trust me, they also said if i do a good job i could keep on going, I happily took the job thinking this would only be a temporary thing, not knowing this was the start of big journey that would lead me to the top, the Journey will be long but worth it, that one day everyone would know the name Kieran Williamson!

The board entrust me with 1million pounds for transfers, which is enough in this league to get the team rolling, after years of disappointment for Daegu fans my ambition was to make sure the fans finally see their team win their first ever trophy, i set my sites on the Korean FA cup.

The first person I told was my wife, she didn't see how big this was I don't think she will ever understand the importance of Football to an Englishman, I rang up home and told my family and friends and I posted it on Facebook but I don't think anyone had ever heard of the club back home

200px-Emblem_of_Daegu_FC.svg.png
55270900_83baf507b2.jpg

I almost have March done which will be uploaded soon hopefully :)

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

With the help of a good transfer and wage budget i was able to make some good signings

I believe in building up the defense first then the midfield then the strike force, I started by signing Brazilian defender Thiago Gosling on a free from cruzeiro, he was looking for a fresh start in a new country and I was able to offer him that, and also Park jung suk from Seoul who gave me him for free. I also signed Experienced Chinese defender Zhang Yonghai for a fee of 7k.

For a defensive midfielder, i originally went in for Jay spearing from Liverpool on loan, but he refused. Instead I loaned Suwon Defensive midfielder Yang joon-a for the season, he was looking for regular first team football, Suwon were unable to offer him that. I also signed Brazilian Midfielders Ari and Rafael Ferfo and attacking midfielder park Jong-chan for a fee of 110k from Suwon city.

For my strike force i signed Ha tae kyoon on loan from Suwon bluewings for the season,and cho jin- soo from Ulsan for 6k

175px-HaTaeKyun070408.jpg
(right) Ha tae - kyoon

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Last edited:
good start mate and a interesting team to manage :)

March 2011 - What a start

FC Seoul Vs Daegu - Seoul are one of the best teams in the league and always contend for the title, as a Suwon fan I felt I had to win this one for self satisfaction, this always was going to be a challenge for my team who's typical league finnish is the bottom of the table, but I could see potential in my new signings and had a good feeling about today, with it being an Away game i felt i should stay balanced in my approach to the game, the first half was a drag with our defensive performance prooving hard for Seoul to break down, in the 2nd half we had a scare when Seoul winger Kim Chi Woo outpaced my Right back to the ball and crossed it in, the ball came off my defender and went into the back of the net my heart raced but luckily the assistant called it offside a good decision.
Once again it was a defensive performance from my team and when i felt Seoul were putting on the pressure I enabled the counter attack, especially after Brazlian Adilson hit the post with a long range effort, but we gave Seoul a fright when a perfect cross from my left back met the head of my striker it tucked in nicely to the right corner... this too was called a foul and was the right decision.

A superb away performance from my players meant the final score finnished

FC SEOUL 0 - 0 DAEGU - Man of the match my new defender Park jung suk

Daegu Vs Incheon united - My first home game for the club, and i must admit i felt a little nervous on my way out of tunnel, to hear the songs of the fans chanting their favourite players names, as we came out of the tunnell they let out a roar, my heart went AWOL, I kept my composure and shouted my final words before kick off to my players "Make the fans proud boys" .. i said it in English with my semi-scouse accent so i dont think it made a difference.

50 seconds into the game and I was wondering why i felt so nervous, a simple passing game from my players, and one of the best through balls i have ever seen meant my lead striker Jang nam-seok was able to score a simple one on one with the keeper, we left the defence looking stupid. The Incheon defence looked unable to cope with my teams one touch pass football, but there keeper refused to be beaten again saving a fantastic shot from my brazlilian central midfielder Ari. Eventually their defence got their act together and prooved harder to break down, shutting out most of our Spanish style football.
At half time goal scorer Jang nam-seok was extremely tired, his fitness is not the best to be honest I think Robbie fowler would last longer than him, I swapped him for Suwon striker Hae tae kyoon who i had signed on loan for the season.

The second half We just soaked up the Pressure off Incheon, they had a number of chances but my flawless defence couldn't be broken down. My little theory was prooven right so far, to build a winning team build up the defence first, the centre backs were solid. We had a one or two chances in the second half but it was quite boring, eventually the final whistle sounded

Final Score Daegu 1 - 0 Incheon United - Man of the match Goalkeeper baek min-chul

the fans cheered my name, and i could see the belief in the players eyes the smiles on their faces, at the press conference the Daegu manager praised my teams performance and stated that he believes my team can stay up.

Jeju Vs Daegu - With both teams momentum being right up after Jeju beat Gwangju 6 - 1 in their last game, this was always going to be a good game, though The first half was quite quiet with the highlight being Jeju hitting the crossbar with a long range effort, a good defensive display from both teams. the second half was 50:50 with both teams putting in a good attacking display, Jeju gave us a fright when they cut into our rock of a defense but their striker was unable to take the chance, we had a chance but Ha tae-kyoon hit the post from just about 4 yads out! Though he made up for his mistake when he scored a fantastic one on one finnish on the 78th minute, and just 4 minutes later scored a powerful volley that went into the top corner from then we contained the result

Final Score Jeju 0 - 2 Daegu

Daegu Vs Gwangju - With Gwanju having a bad start to the season, i felt fairly confident going into this game believing my team will put in a good display, a fast start from my team as our first chance came in the opening minutes when we hit the post. On 27 minutes right winger Cho Hyung -ik scored a long range effort which dipped. Just a few minutes later Oh Kyoung-jun scored a simple header. The second half was quiet until i decided to go attacking and improve my goal difference and soon after we were 3 - 0 up after jang nam seok scored a 1 on 1, and not long before the end of the game we scored our 4th when subsitute ha tae kyoon scored a header.
Final score: Daegu 4 - 0 jeju

Looking back on march, it was the best possible start to the season, 3 wins out of 4 and still unbeaten and on top of that we had not yet conceded but our most challenging opponment was seoul so the challenges were still to come, but we were sitting nicely on top of the league and plan to nest their for as long as possible the belief was in the fans and the players that we could win a trophy this year!

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

good start mate and a interesting team to manage :)
thanks :) I picked them purely because they have no history and they are a young team

good results, screen shots maybe, not saying yor cheating but it will look better with screen shots

April

April 2011

After such a great start to the season, i had an optimistic feeling that we could do it again this month, if we could work hard and keep the morale up! Friends and family back home were watching the games and were very happy to see me doing so well, though the South Korean media was still doubting me despite me having alot of the managers backing that i could bring success to the club. This didn't bother me as long as i had my wife and friends backing me I will always bring success, but it doesnt stop the fact that its a b*tch when you have to pick up the newspaper and read the media slagging you off.

I could only continue to proove them wrong, and the best place to start would be one of the oldest clubs in the league who had a great spell of success in the 1980's and 1990's, quite similar to my club Liverpool they have not seen much success in recent years and have not won the leaugue since 1997.

We dominated the game from kick off, with barely an attack from Busan, we had alot of chances but no one would put them away the defence was so easy to break down. At half time i was annoyed that we didnt put away our chances, we could of been 4 - 0 up easy, but i told the team to do this for the fans as they have travelled a long way to see a goal.

The 2nd half started similar with brazilian midfielder Ari rattling the cross bar, Busan looked unable to cope, Ha tae-kyoons finnishing was not up to the standard we had come to expect from him so i brought on young an enthusiastic striker Kim dong-ki, within seconds he mad an impact when cho hyung-ik who had been a menace all game ran past their right back and crossed it in, dong ki was straight onto it and tucked it in nicely to the far left corner the defence was badly positioned. Seconds later we could of put the game to bed when Midfielder jung sang hoon ran through the defence and put it past the keeper, only for it to hit the post.

Busan tried to get back into it but the defense prooved to hard for them to break down, with their only chances coming from set pieces, but they were disappointing i honestly expected more from them

Final Score Busan I'park 0 - 1 Daegu

Daegu Vs Daejeon - A fairly 50:50 game, we tried to play our passing game but it was cut out by the number of fouls Daejeon committed, both defences were unbreakable, we had a number of chances but our finnishing was poor, I was to really miss our star striker who was injured during training recently.

Final Score Daegu 0 - 0 Daejeon

Suwon Samsung Bluewings Vs Daegu - This was the game I have been looking forward to, Suwon has always been without a doubt my favourite Korean side before I became Daegu manager I used to watch them alot and admire the way they play and the players they have, little did i know then that I would be up against it in a our most challenging game yet. I shook the managers hand on the way out and shared a joke with him, I know manager yoon sung hyo has always been giving me words of encouragment and has not doubted my managing skills once, This was the best chance to see my players character in tough games, we kept possession and broke their defence down numereous times, but again the finnishing was awful! we had 12 shots and only 3 tested the keeper, I was beginning to think we need a new attacking coach. The game was clean with no cards at all, Suwon scored in the first half, but luckily it was called offside. we dominated the game on possession and in the 31st minute we shoud of had a penalty when our striker was fouled in the area.
The second half was pretty much the same with our biggest chance coming when midfielder Son dae ho hit the crossbar with his shot. For the rest of the half we soaked up any Suwon pressure and passed the ball round well.

At the end of the game the Suwon manager praised my tactical approach calling my passing game a joy to watch.

Final Score Suwon 0 - 0 Daegu

Daegu Vs Gangwon - Like us Gangwon had been over achieving, but who was the best over achiever? With the Gangwon manager trying to talk me down in the build up to this fixture we just had to proove to him his team are not good enough to hold up a decent run of results.
With a pretty normal 50:50 game we came out on top when Ha Tae Kyoon scored a nicely placed shot on 12 miutes before time, Gangwon didn't get a shot on target all game after the game i told the press the chances of him winning a trophy this season are the same as the chances Everton have of winning the premier league title before Liverpool, no chance.

Final Score - Daegu 1 - 0 Gangwon - Still not conceded!
View attachment 117108 View attachment 117109

May. & june

May 2011

1st May - Seongnam Vs Daegu - Final score 2 - 1
daegu unbeaten run ends
over achievers daegu fc were finally beaten last night in a thrilling encounter with seongnam, not only is this the end of their unbeaten run but it is the first time they have conceded a goal all season, and what a goal to concede after a long range belter from milan jeremic, no chance for the goalie, daegu fought back and carved their way back in with a great show of determination from winger hwang il soo when he outpaced the seongnam centre back to the ball and tapped it past the keeper. the second half was mainly daegu in possession but the defence out played them and eventually the daegu keeper made a terrivle mistake when he came off his line to early and tried to take the ball from dzenan radoncic, he simply took advantage and took it round the keeper to put it into an empty net. daegu pressed on and attacked, having a number of chances and forcing the seongnam keeper a few saves though eventually they looked out of ideas. a good win the seongnam, but wil daegu be back on winning form next week or will they be on the end of alot more defeats?

Daegu 1 - 0 Chunnam

last minute strike gives Daegu Vital 3 points
A goal in the 94th minute was enough to secure 3points for Daegu against Chunnam Dragons in an even game at the Daegu world Cup stadium, Both teams had a number of chances but it was a mix of poor finnishing and great goal keeping. The only goal of the game came from winger Cho Hyung Ik when he dribbled past 2 defenders to place the ball cleanly past the keeper. This means Daegu are in 3rd place on 21 points, 3 points behind leaders Ulsan Hyundai, both teams have one game in hand. However chunnam have dropped one place into 7th place, manager park hang-su said "I am extremely gutted, but that is football and that is why i love the beautiful game, things can change in the blink of an eye but when playing away from home you should expect that sort of late pressure in the game."

daegu manager kieran williamson said "i was not expecting the goal, the chunnam defence was organised well, but the brillian skills of cho hyung ik can do that at vital moments in the game, this is just what we need following our recent defeat to seongnam it prooves we are not going to go on a loosing streak, and luck is on our side."

underserved victory for pohang after stoppage time goals against rivals

Pohang 3 - 1 Daegu

pohang bagged two late goals to put in an impressive but underserved score line against daegu, who were all over pohang throughout the game, daegu started off with many chances and were in control but against the run of play fell behind on 33 minutes after striker zulu scored a close ranged tap in from a free kick, but zulu went from hero to zero with in seconds after kick off after a misplaced pass led to a swift counter from daegu leaving ha tae kyoon one on one with the keeper, there was only one winner and daegu had pulled level.

once again the second half was all daegu, with the pohand goal keeper making some fantastic saves, pohang looked powerless to resist. the pressure was on during the final minutes but after a counter attack on 92 minutes from pohang with a great cross and a simple diving header to put the home team ahead, soon after the daegu defence was outnumbered and veteran striker lee won shik put it past the keeper easily to add rub salt in the wound.

daegu dominated throughout and to lose 3 - 1 in this manner was certainly unfair, they now must prepare for a big game against league leaders ulsan hyundai on wednesday night.

daegu proove pohang defeat was a fluke

daegu put in an impressive home performance against league leaders ulsan hyundai to win 1 - 0, dominating the game from kick off and shutting hyundai out, the leaders just didnt turn up in what was expected to be a 50.50 game, daegu should of scored alot more but the finnishing was once again poor, should manager kieran williamson start looking at a new striker? the fans think so. the only goal of the game came on 90 minutes when cho hyung ik scored a powerful 30yard shot, daegu's home form has been brilliant, still unbeaten at home and havent conceded at all at home, manager kieran williamson says it is the fans who give us the momentum at home, the support is great and it gives the players confidence in their game, daegu have closed the gap on ulsan to 3 points and are 1 point clear of 3rd placed seongnam.

Daegu draw in league cup group stage

Daegu 0 - 0 daejeon

busan lucky in narrow league cup draw after late goal saves point

busan 1 - 1 daegu

revenge is sweet

daegu 2 - 0 pohang
June
daegu come from behind to beat gyeongnam 2 - 1
gyeongnam 1 - 2 daegu

daegu finnish top of the league cup group

incheon 0 - 0 daegu

daegu draw seongnam in league cup quarter final
manager kieran williamson believes if his team can win then they can go on to win their firdst ever trophy

seongnam knocked out in narrow defeat
daegu hung on to to their lead to defeat seongnam 2 - 1 despite the injuries of 4 key players
daegu 2 - 1 seongnam
KEY DAEGU STAR SIDELINED FOR UP TO 3MONTHS
after suffering a nastty injury in daegu's league cup victory, thiago gosling is expected to be out of action until september or possibly august, this is a real blow to the over achievers as thiago is one of their key players to bring them their first taste of success in domestic competitions.

WILLIAMSON BELIEVES DAEGU COULD WIN THE LEAGUE
after a journalist asked "looking at the table and the form of various contenders, who do you think will win the k league?"

he replied "why not our team? we have suprised the nation with our recent form, we are serious contenders for the league cup, knocking out key teams and beating top clubs in the league, leaving us 2nd halfway through the season, we are title contenders ."

daegu win in famous victory against seoul
daegu's form continues after a fantastic display of both attacking and defensive ability in a 2 - 0 victory over fc seoul

williamson hires new backroom staff members

williamson has been splashing the cash on brazilian first team coach allexander grasselli, former bolton wanderers coach peter farrell, former gateshead player and coach pete thompson, physio's dave moore and sean riley meaning a majority of his backroom staff are english, putting alot of english influence and style of play in daegu who also have irish assistant manager kevin nugent too.

incheon destroyed by the the tae-kyoon
ha tae kyoon scored an excellent hat trick to sink incheon united
incheon 1 - 3 daegu

daegu remain unbeaten
daegu remain unbeaten after a 2 - 1 win over champions jeonbuk motors

transfer break
daegu beat fierce competition to sign highly rated midfielder lee yong-seung, daegu beat off clubs such as Seoul, suwon, ulsan and chunnam to sign the 26 year old who can player central, on the wing and as a striker the transfer fee is believed to have cost just 60k.

ha tae kyoon out for up to 2 months with strained knee ligaments

daegu bid for seongnam midfielder kim jung woo

daegu to play aberdeen in friendly to prepare for league cup semifinal

daegu beat aberdeen 2 - 1 in scotland
a win against aberdeen is all daegu needed to give their players the confidence ahead of their league cup fixture against ulsan hyundai
daegu through to korean league cup final
daegu are to play in the league cup final after beat league leaders ulsan hyundai 1 - 0 away from home, if daegu win manager kieran williamson will go down as a daegu legend for winning them their first ever trophy.

Last edited: