MagicWithin

Reaction score
View attachment 215533

Breaking news: Karl Marginson leaves post as manager!

Karl, who was born in Manchester, having made 1 appearance for the club in the 2006/07 season as player manager has been at the club since the formation of the club in 2005. he had to sincerely apologize for resigning but felt he had to due to personal reason which he wouldn't disclose to anyone.

Karl, who is now classed as a legend, managed to steer the club up to the National Conference North division after spending most of the years in the Ryman Premier Division finally to get promotion after numerous tries before successfully gaining automatic promotion as champions.

View attachment 215529
Karl Marginson-: "It's a great displeasure that these unfortunate circumstances have occurred and have force me to leave this fantastic club and I wish them well and I will always be a fan of them forever. I would like the fans, players and everyone else working with the club for supporting me for over the past 10 years. These 10 years have been the most memorable and I will be grateful for everyone and the owners for giving me the fantastic opportunity."

Favourites for the job-: Elliott Cosier (Evens) John Deacey (3/4) and Rob Smith (6/9)

I got bored of FM 15 when I last did my story but the beta has rejuvenated me and has giving me the motivation to do a long term save but I will post less often than before so I don't burn out.

View attachment 215447
Elliott Cosier has been hired as the new manager of FC United of Manchester

Days after Karl Marginson resigned from the managerial role at FC United of Manchester they have swiftly hired there ideal replacement for Karl. Elliott Cosier had trials at Liverpool, Crewe and Tranmere before signing a youth contract at Bolton at the age of 16 but for some unfortunate circumstances he broke his leg in 2 places during a FA Youth cup match after a ill timed tackle by a 17 year old Brandon Galloway. Elliott kept getting long injuries when he was playing so decided to quit at the age of 18 but decided to get his coaching qualifications.

He was giving this opportunity by the owners for the fact he's had experience of playing under top managers and playing at high level for his age. Another factor they took into account is his age which means if he's successful then he would be around for plenty of time - Maybe for 40+ Years! (Unlikely as I would definitely get bored)

View attachment 215440

Elliott Cosier-: "I'm delighted to be here at this fantastic club which was led by Karl since the beginning. I would firstly thank my friends and family for helping me support me to quit football at such a young age... On a brighter note, I would like to thank the owners to allow me manage this club with such an exciting future. I know that I will be able to guide them onto great things but I need time as I want to implement my own style onto this football club."

Owner(s)
-: "We would like to welcome Elliott to the club and hope he can guide us onto great things just like Karl. We know about Elliott's unfortunate incident when he was only 14... But we welcome him with open arms and we share the same ambition as him.

View attachment 215255
Having just got promoted from the Ryman Premier league and were crowned champions, this means that the squad won't be as strong as other sides in the leagues so therefore we have got a lot of building for the first season or two. Fc United of Manchester have got a growing history since they're relatively new club and I would like to help the club create history by winning different competitions and eventually winning the premier league and champions league but to even dream of winning those are years away.

View attachment 215254

After my first couple of training sessions I already know who is going to cut it in this division and who clearly doesn't have the potential or they're not good enough. However, luckily this squad has squad depth so I can just go out and buy the right players to improve the squad and hopefully do more than just avoid relegation . If we finish mid table then I'll be ecstatic. Craig Lindfield, Jerome Wright and Cameron Murray at first glance look to our key players while we try and break teams down. However, Chris Lynch and Luke Ashworth look to be our defensive stars at the back and try to keep the opposition out.

View attachment 215247
This is what my managerial stats look like, I decided to let FM decide what coaching badges I got but Youth football I reckon is Regional (but I may be wrong though) I decided not to choose a favourite formation as I'm more likely to chop and change at the early stages to find a tactic which would work best for the team.

View attachment 215246

View attachment 215245

Last edited:
View attachment 215085

Season Targets:

- Vanarama Conference North - My target is to be mid table
-
Fa Cup - My target is to reach the third qualifying round
- Fa Trophy - My target is to be competitive (Not Important)

Pre-Season:

View attachment 215079

This was a god awful preseason but to be fair we did play against tougher opposition, except for the ilkeston game which was extremely disappointing but I'm looking to move on to the first game of the season.

Affiliate Link:

View attachment 215070

This is huge as I'll be able to loan in quality players from the championship. Also, they're paying us 11k about but for a lower league club, that is massive. That could pay 2-3 months worth of wages. With this link I hope to benefit on and off the field.

Transfers:

View attachment 215072

I'm very happy with our transfer business but there are 1 or 2 which were not as good as expected (I didn't have a scout so I had to judge for my self). There's a mix of youth and experience integrated into the squad now.

View attachment 215064
James Campbell has good potential for this level and could do well if given enough play time and also has got decent stats for this level and at 21 I could sell him on for profit since he's on a part-time contract.

View attachment 215063
Steve Boothman, could improve considerably in the future but first team quality aswell however, his strength and marking let him down but he's very good mentally though.

View attachment 215061
Adam Pepper (when he scores I'm gonna say you need pepper with your saltyness lol), he's like Steve - he can improve considerably but he's more technically gifted than steve.

View attachment 215060

Matthew Gledhill (fun fact my maths teacher last year had the same surname), first team goalkeeper and at the age of 21 he's got time to improve and is going to be No1.

View attachment 215058
Alexander Mulrooney-Skinner, ONLY 17 YEARS OLD! he's got bags of potential and could improve considerably improve and could become an Crucial player just like when Rooney was at Everton in the early stage of his career.

This story can only end well, Salford who? FC United of Manchester vs Manchester United in a few years time...

This story can only end well, Salford who? FC United of Manchester vs Manchester United in a few years time...

Ryan Giggs, Nicky ****, Phil Neville, Gary Neville and Paul Scholes bought them and they recently beat Notts County 2-0 in the FA Cup.

Manchester United vs Fc United of Manchester would be interesting...

View attachment 213857

Start of the Season:

View attachment 213856
Nervy start to the new season but in the end it's what the result matters but I demanded a better performance next time round. Within the first 6 minutes we scored the opening goal through an own goal by Marc Richards which was unlucky. Bafode Carvalho equalised for Gloucester City with a clinical finish from 13 yards out but luckily for us 10 minutes later Jerome Wright scored the goal to put us ahead again in the tense and nervy game. 4 minutes later, Matty Wolfenden put us 2 up against Gloucester with a lovely finish from the region of 12 yards. However, in the 72nd minuted Luke Ashwood's error allowed Jonte Smith was allowed to easily place the ball into the net. Luke Ashwood's game got even worse by in the 85th minute he picked up his 2nd yellow of the game but luckily for us, by the scruff of our skins, we were able to win.

View attachment 213855

WHAT A GAME. I couldn't believe how clinical we were in-front of goal, however our defensive performance could have easily lost us the game if we weren't so clinical. The amount of goals in during the match is to much to go into detail about.

View attachment 213845
We were poor, we couldn't create many opportunities but luckily for us Tamworth couldn't take their chances and when we had a chance we were able to brilliantly execute and score. However, we started off badly by conceding to an 8 yard goal scored by a Shane Clarke. After the break, we regrouped and managed to switch the momentum when Craig Lindfield scored an excellent finish from a tight angle. As we gained more control afterwards, Dean Scott managed to slot in a penalty which was given away by Shane Clarke surprisingly.

View attachment 213843
Thought in my opinion we should have lost, however in football if you don't take your chances then you'll be punished yourself. 1-1 against Chorley was a good result in my opinion but slightly disappointed with how we played though. The first goal came through Josh Hines with a deflected effort creeping past our goalkeeper... However, karma is a b***h as Andrew Teague scored an own goal to level the game which was unfortunate for them though.

View attachment 213841
They definitely deserved to win and show have won by more but our keeper was in the form of his life during this game and to be fair we managed to open the scoring through Jerome Wright with an excellent finish into the top right hand corner from 11 yards out. However, Sam Smith scored on the 29th minute with lovely finish from 12 yards out. Late on in the game, Owen Story scored the winner for Brackley Town.

View attachment 213833
We were absolutely ruthless and in doing so we dominated from the very first whistle to the very last whistle. I was speechless on how impressive we were. We could have had more if we were slightly more clinical.

View attachment 213827
Forgot to screenshot the Hednesford game... But overall this month was quality and we may have lost one or two games.​