• Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3K

FMLoyal

Reaction score
View attachment 326410

Information

Name: Rubin Kazan
Founded: 1958
Nickname(s): Tatary (Tatars), Volzhane (People from Volga), Kamni (Stones)
Stadium: Central Stadium, Kazan
Capacity: 28,500
Chairman: Valery Sorokin
Manager: TBC
League: Russian Premier League
Last Season: 6th​
Continental Competition: Europa League

-------------------------------------------------------------------

New Kazan Manager Unveiled

Victor Onopko

View attachment 326419

The most capped player at international level for Russia has left his role as assistant manager at CSKA Moscow to become head coach at Rubin Kazan follow the departure of Kurban Berdyev who had been manager at Kazan for 11 years. The move has surprised many and already fans have voiced their opinion on what could prove to be a major talking point by the end of the season. Onopko will take over from Kurban Berdyev on a 1 year deal with an offer to extend the deal at the end of the campaign.

-----------------------------------------------

Onopko First Press Conference

J = Journalist
O = Onopko

J – “Viktor, you have surprised many by leaving CSKA for this position at Rubin Kazan. What fuelled the move here? “

O – “I had been contemplating taking on management with some part-time clubs in Russia while I was with CSKA to gain further experience in coaching. When Kurban decided to leave Kazan I saw an opportunity and I took it. Although this is my first managerial role I feel that I can achieve big things here in Kazan and I hope that the fans feel the same”

J – “ What are your expectations for the upcoming season? “

O – “ If my players give 100% to me and my backroom team then the results will come. During my career I put in the extra hours to become the player I was and I expect my players to do the same.”

J – “ You arrive after Berdyev guided the team to qualify for the Europa League. Do you feel any pressure that you may not emulate his success? “

O – “ I don’t think there is any pressure on me at all.

---------------------------

Viktor Onokpo first game in charge of Rubin Kazan will be away from home against RNK Split.

-------------------------------------------------------

Who Are Rubin Kazan?

View attachment 326535

Rubin Kazan are a Russian Football team based in the city of Kazan (Rep. of Tatarstan)

Honours

2x Russian Premier League - 08,09
x1 Russian 1st League - 02

x1 Russian Cup - 12

x2 Russian Super Cup - 10,12

x1 CIS Cup - 1

Kits

View attachment 326536 View attachment 326537

Facilities

Top training
Average youth facilities
Above average youth recruitment

Budget
£1.25 million - Transfer Budget
£635,000 - Wage Budget

-------------------------------------------

The Squad

Goalkeepers

View attachment 326538 View attachment 326539

Left-Right

Sergey Ryzhikov & Giedrius Arlauskis

Defenders

View attachment 326540 View attachment 326541 View attachment 326542
Left-Right

Christian Ansaldi (LB) Vitali Kaleshin (RB) Oleg Kuzmin (RB)

View attachment 326543 View attachment 326544 View attachment 326545

Left-Right

Ivan Marcano (CB) Cesar Navas (CB) Roman Sharonov (CB)

Midfielders

View attachment 326546 View attachment 326547 View attachment 326548 View attachment 326549

Left-Right

Yann M'Villa (CDM) Pablo Orbaiz (CM) Alexei Eremenko (CM) Bibras Natkho (CM)

View attachment 326551 View attachment 326552

Left-Right

Roman Eremenko (CM) Syarhey Kisliak (CM)

Attacking Midfielders

View attachment 326554 View attachment 326555 View attachment 326556 View attachment 326557

Left-Right

Gokhan Karadeniz (AML) Alan Kasaev (AMR) Gokhan Tore (AMR) Alexsandr Ryazantsev (AMR)

Strikers

View attachment 326559 View attachment 326560 View attachment 326561

Left-Right

Vladimir Dyadyun (ST) Salomon Rondon (ST) Igor Portnyagin (ST)

-----------------------------------------------------

Tactics

Starting XI

View attachment 326565

This is a strong looking line-up and probably the best that can be put out. The key to this formation is to maintain a deep back-line and attack at pace. The two wide men Karadeniz (IF) and Tore (W) will be pivotal on the counter and will have the target man Rondon (TM) to aim for. In the centre of the midfield Natkho (CM) and Eremenko (DLP) will start the moves and link up with the wide men. M'Villa (DM) has been given the role of the defensive midfielder and will sit infront of the defence acting as cover and breaking up opposing attacks. Ansaldi (LB) and Kuzmin (RB) have been given supporting roles and will try to get forward yet still being wary of tracking back and defending. Navas and Marcano are both very solid CB's and I expect them to deal with all ariel threats in this league. Ryzhikov is a solid keeper at this level and should be worthy of the No.1 shirt.

This tactic could change throughout the season depending on results and given that there isn't great depth in the squad new faces will have to come in, mainly in defence and attack as the midfied is very strong.

We have a transfer budget of £1.25m and that should be sufficient enough to bring in good quality players for this league.

-------------------------------------------------------------------​

They have some good players in Rondon, Mvila and Tore, strange club for them to be at! Will be tough with Anzhi spending all that money! Good luck, following

Currently have a Lokomotiv Moscow save so interested to see how you go. I've struggled against Rubin a few times, they usually play 4-4-2 mind you. This looks good though, best of luck.

Transfer Activity In Kazan

One In & Two Out

Viktor Onokpo has anounced the departures of Igor Portnyagin and Alan Kasaev. Portnyagin has left the club for a reported fee of £450,000 to join rival club Volga. Kasaev has joined Dynamo Moscow for a confirmed fee of £2million. Onokpo gave his thoughts regarding the departures.

" Igor was a player that I just didn't think could cut it this season. I am glad he has found a club to get first-team football because he was never really ever going to get a chance here. Alan departs us for a good fee and the money from the transfer has already been put to good use. Kasaev was behind 2 quality players in his position so I allowed him to find a new club, which he did."

Onokpo then confirmed the rumours that the club had signed young Danish striker Nicklas Helenius for a fee in the region of £2million. Onokpo was delighted with the transfer.

" I am delighted that Nicklas has decided to join us here at Kazan. He has a very bright future and I have high hopes for him. A number of big clubs were reported to be interested so I had to act quickly and push through a deal."

Departures
View attachment 326814 View attachment 326815

Left-Right

Igor Portnyagin (ST) & Alan Kasaev (AMR)

Arrivals

View attachment 326816

Nicklas Helenius (ST)

-------------------------------------------------

Back