The Rise of Oldland Abbatonians

• Thread starter Thread starter Britton123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 656

Britton123

Reaction score
It was like any other Thursday night I was driving to training to the local team that I play for, Oldland Abbatonians. I pulled up in the car park to see that I was early as usual I also saw the coaches setting up the various cone's and pole's ready for the variety of training drill's that would take place that evening.

I spotted the assistant manager Ryan Willis on the touchline watching the coaches set up.

'Hey Ryan' I said whilst walking over

'Hey Elliot how's the leg' he said with a weird frown on his face

'It's fine healed up nicely what's wrong' I replied

'Well... we've had some bad news Spencer's left his position as manager' he said worryingly

'What! why?' I replied

'Well after last season where we couldn't gain promotion due to the ground not meeting regulations he said he couldn't take the club any further'

'To tell you the truth Ryan I'd love to apply for the job if that's ok with you'

'That's fine mate I'm sure the lad's would love you to be the manager you've been a fine player for us over the year's and I'm sure you'd be a brilliant manager'

'Thank's mate' I said with a huge grin on my face

I'd been looking to get out of the game for a while after having a brilliant last season with the club I wanted to end on a high and seeing as I was getting older now and with the latest batch of youth coming through there probably wouldn't be a certain place in the squad for me any more.

Within a week I was revealed as the new manager of Oldland Abbotonians the club that I had played for since the young age of 13 and I couldn't wait to get started.

Back