JDR 8

Reaction score
The Rising Phoenix

View attachment 331153

This is my first attempt at creating a Football manager story and I am going to do it with Aldershot Town as it is the team I support and will be a tough challenge. My overall aim from this game will be to try and take Aldershot from the conference to the Champions League.

Aims/Achievements

SeasonCompetitionAimAchievement
2014/15League
FA Cup

FA Trophy

Challenge for Playoffs
First Round

Quarter Finals
N/A
N/A

N/A

Last edited:
Squad

My Squad

Squad is quite low on numbers and a couple of injuries in the defensive department could cost us so that is an area I am going to have to improve.

View attachment 331149

Key Players

Key Players

Brett Williams joined the club last season and was key to Aldershots survival. He finished the season as the 3rd highest scorer in the Conference with 24 goals from 43 games.
View attachment 331147

Jaydon Gibbs (Brother of Arsenals Kieran Gibbs) also joined the club last season and this was his first chance as a professional footballer as he had previously been with semi-pro clubs Chipstead and Guildford City.
View attachment 331146

Tristan Plummer started out at Bristol City. He has played league football for Luton, Gillingham and Hereford. His pace and flair could cause problems for defenders in the upcoming season.
View attachment 331145

Transfers

Transfers

View attachment 331143

9 players have been introduced to try and strengthen my squad. Oliver Risser and Jack Barton have both played for Aldershot in the past. The two signings I was most pleased with was Alex Wall on loan from Luton due to the fact he scored 6 goals in 11 games last season in the conference. Also the signing of Sam Sodje as he is a very experienced central defender which is one of the positions we were weakest in.

The only player to leave the club was Jordan Roberts on a season loan to Farnborough.

I also Renewed the contracts of Brett Williams, Jaydon Gibbs, Damon Lathrope and Tristan Plummer so they are now at the club until 2017.

Pre Season

Pre season

View attachment 331141
Was happy with the first game of pre season as I wasent expecting much especially after they took the lead after 3 minutes. But goals from Plummer and Williams at the start of the 2nd half took us 2-1 up. Unfortunately after a lot of substitutions we dropped off and conceded an equalizer in the 89th minute but overall a very good performance.

View attachment 331140
Disappointing result especially after going into half time drawing 2-2. But alot of substitutions on the 60th minute changed the game and Milwall went on to score 4 and win the game 6-2.

View attachment 331138
Perfect reaction from the Milwall loss was a 6-2 win against Dunstable. Went 2-1 down after 30 mins but then we took over and ended up with a comfortable 6-2 win going into the new season.

The season begins..

Formation
View attachment 331127
I will be going with a 4-4-2 wide formation. On of my central midfielders will be defensive due to the fact the wingers will be more attacking.

August 2014
View attachment 331128
A Fantastic result for my first game in management. Alex wall was the man of the match with a rating of 9.40 and picking up 2 goals. Atiku was also outstanding contributing with 3 assists.

View attachment 331126
Another great result away to Eastleigh. We were putting on a lot of pressure in the last 20 minutes and then one of they're players was sent off in the 83rd minute for fouling our man as he was through on goal. It still looked like it was gonna end in a draw but in the 90th minute they're defender played a suicidal ball across the goal which came straight to Brett Williams who fired it in. Brett Williams was our man of the match with a rating of 7.30.

View attachment 331122
Disappointing result overall against Telford as we were 2-0 up with a man advantage after 34 minutes. But after the half time break we collapsed and conceded 3 by the 79th minute and were 3-2 down. It was a relief when Dan Fitchett tapped in the equalizer in the 92nd minute but overall we should have won the game. Our man of the match was again Brett Williams with a rating of 8.10.

View attachment 331120
Another disappointing result as we dropped a 2-1 lead at half time to loose 4-2 to Forest Green Rovers. Atiku and Wall got the goals to take us into the break 2-1 up but we couldn't hold on and in the end lost to a strong side. Our man of the match was Ibrahim Atiku with a rating of 8.30.

View attachment 331119
A fantastic second half half performance earned us a point against Torquay. We started extremely slow and went into half time 3-0 down but after an aggressive team talk we went out there and goals from Wall, Williams and Plummer earned us an extremely good point. Our man of the match was Alex Wall with a rating of 8.30.

View attachment 331118
Our last game of the month ended with a defeat against Grimsby. An excellent free kick from Sam Hutton on 13 minutes leveled up the score but in the dying seconds of the game Grimsby managed to get a 93rd minute winner. Our man of the match was Hutton with a rating of 8.30.

Table
View attachment 331117

Overall not the greatest of starts but the positive is the 2 teams we lost to in Grimsby and FGR are promotion chasing teams.

Player of the Month

Alex Wall
View attachment 331114
6 Apps
5 Goals
3 Assists
Average Rating: 7.58

Last edited: