The Road To Glory - Solihull Moors -

Reaction score
INTRODUCTION

Solihull Moors are a team that were formed in 2007. There has been no real success at this club, in fact they have never won a trophy in their 8 year history. Another interesting fact and the one that appealed to me most is that they have remained in the same division for the entirety of there short history (Vanarama League North ).Solihull Moors dont have many stand out players if im honest apart from Theo Streete who once was at derby county in the championship all be it he didn't play any games. I also must add Solihull play their home games at Damson Park which holds a WHOPPING... 3050 people. Anyway enough of the sarcasm i will eventually look to build a bigger stadium as we progress but this will have to do.

The main aim of this save is to win the Premier League title and i will be aiming to do it by the time FM 17 is released so a good couple of months. If it comes down to it i will be doing this story through FM 17. Hopefully this save doesn't end up like my New York City save where i was sacked after losing i believe 8 on the bounce which isn't ideal.

- Club Overview -

View attachment 152003
As you can see the club as a whole isn't that bad considering what division we are in. The big problem is that we dont have professional status, which isn't really a surprise considering how recently this club was formed. I will however be trying my hardest to change that in the very near future. We have been predicted to finish 3rd which is not going to be easy considering the clubs highest ever finish was 7th.

Last edited:
- Meet The Squad -

View attachment 152002
As you can see there are some really decent players that i think can do a real job at this level such as Jack Byrne, Callum Gittings, Danny Lewis and Theo Streete to name a few. In terms of youth not much is going on in that department as expected but there is Akwasi Asante who at the tender age of 22, has a lot of potential and some one i will try to hang on to. In my opinion i believe this squad is good enough to reach the play offs at least, or maybe even reach the title itself, who knows.

- Tactics - ( Formation )

View attachment 152001

The formation ive decided to go with to start things of is a standard 4-4-2 formation. The reason for this is that i dont want to make it to complicated to the point where the players dont know what they are doing id rather start of simple and make little tweaks along the way to then hopefully get the perfect tactic/formation.

- Tactics - ( Instructions )

View attachment 152000

As you can see ive decided to set the mentality to counter as im going to 'try' to play counter attacking football. The tempo is also set as higher which is pretty standard when catching teams on the counter. We are going to play with width and trying to find the wingers as quickly as possible who will then hopefully cross it in to the 2 strikers. All the wingers at the club currently are lacking pace so i may have to dip into the transfer market and purchase 1 or 2.

also leave suggestions on how i could improve this tactic in general it would be a massive help :)

- Transfer Update -

View attachment 151999
First transfer to ever be made by myself on this save is going to be a left back by the name of Bryan Van Den Bogaert who i will shortly be shortening his name down to Bryan. He is on a non - contract which means he will only be payed when he plays and Judging by his stats and his star rating he has a lot going for him a great squad player who will definitely be getting some game time this year. I should also note that before this signing we had only 1 left back at the club.

View attachment 151998
The next signing to be made is a 23 year old central midfielder by the name of Callum Byrne who oddly enough has the last surname as another central midfielder at the club. I brought him again on a non- contract basis as we are lacking central midfielders. This lad is one to look out for judging by his potential star ability. :)

- Pre Season -

View attachment 151906

Pre season went really well with 3 wins and 2 draws in 5 games. After the first two games i decided to change the tactic ( will be shown in next post ) as i felt the counter attacking system just didn't suit me as a manager or the team in general. We had 3-4 shots per game which just wasnt good enough especially against lower opposition so i decided to change it to a more attacking approach and it massively payed of. The stand out players of pre season were Adam Walker who netted 3 times in the 5 games playing in central midfield and Stefan Moore netting twice who i believe is going to be a massive player for us in the coming season :)

- Updated Tactics and Instructions -

View attachment 151905

As you can see a lot has changed since the previous tactic for the simple reason being the counter attacking system was an epic disaster, although we drew the only two games we played with the counter attacking tactic we were getting 3-4 shots per game which just isn't good enough. So instead of playing in a standard 4-4-2 i switched it up and decided to go with a very narrow 4-3-1-2 where the main aim was to play attacking football but also keep possession high up the pitch. In our next 3 games using this tactic we won all 3 so i think its fair to say it went a success.

View attachment 151903

As you can see we have the instruction i have employed for this tactic are to play very attractive football keeping possession high up the pitch and create a lot of chances for the 3 attacking players. The defensive line will also be high because of the amount of time we will be in the opposition half. The thing that excites me the most is the full backs who will be licensed to run up and down the flanks whipping balls in to the box for the strikers or on running midfielders. :)

- First Games Of The Season -

View attachment 151854
I cannot believe how poor we were in this game we had 2 shots on target all game and ultimately deserved the loss. Overall a very dull game lets hope for a better result next time round.

View attachment 151853
Once again a 1-0 defeat and once again we deserved to lose with only 1 shot on target all game i am prepared to give this tactic 1 or 2 more games and then i may have to change it.

View attachment 151852
BOOM!! its our first win of the season and it feels great all be it we didn't play great but we got the 3 points and thats all that matters thanks to a wonderful through ball from Stefan Moore into Akwasi Asante

View attachment 151843
Not the worst result in the world but i feel we could have maybe won this game. The opening goal came from a Callum Gittings corner which was headed in by the captain Theo Streete and then we concede just before half time to a Worcester goal. Just after half time they take the lead thanks to Daniel Nti. When their second goal went in i knew this tactic just isn't working so i switched it up slightly and it payed off as Stefan Moore scores in the 57th minute thanks to a Paul Bignot cross

View attachment 151830

Currently sitting in 14th which is not were we want to be come the end of the season other wise i could be given the boot. With the new tactic i used in the second half of our last game Im hoping we can maybe push for a play-off place but only time will tell. :)

- Last Minute Winners -

View attachment 151745
BOOM!!! Adam Walker you absolute legend. The game as a whole was end to end stuff but in the 90th minute Callum Gittings threads a wonderful weighted pass to Adam Walker( who at this point was playing up front ) who then smashes it in the back of the net. I cant state how happy i was when we scored i was ecstatic. Onwards and upwards as they say.

View attachment 151744

What a game this turned out to be, it must have been amazing from a neutrals point of view not so much for a managers. It all started with Theo Streete getting sent of in the 22nd minute but thankfully for us we managed to take the lead shortly after with a goal from the winger Daryl Knights. A few moments later they drew level thanks to a goal from Croskery but 2 minutes later we took the lead through the main man Akwosi Asante who sends us into half time 2-1 up. And then in the 58th minute it all goes **** up and they grab another one to make it 2 a piece. Overall not a bad performance and unlucky not to come out of it with a win.

View attachment 151740
BOOM BABY !! Another win we are on fire with this win it now means we are 5 games unbeaten. The first half finished a bore draw but the second half is where the action happened. Stefan Moore gives us the lead in the 52nd minute thanks to a Ryan Beswick cross but unfortunately 6 minutes before the full time whistle they grabbed an undeserved goal at which point i was ready to smash some **** up but thankfully in the 87th minute Akwasi Asante grabs a goal which seals all 3 points.

View attachment 151739

Well its our first loss in 5 games and judging by the performance we should have came out with at least a point, but it just wasnt meant to be. It all starts with Harrogate taking the lead through Lassana Sidibe ans thats all she wrote for the first half. We get into the second half and in the 48th minute Theo Streete gets another sending off he now makes it 2 reds in 4 games and ultimately cost us the game ( dont worry i fined him a weeks wages ). Anyway in the 63rd minute Dominic Knowles makes it 2-0 and a minute late James Armson makes it 2-1 and thats how it finished.

View attachment 151738

A very positive run of results see us climb from 14th place to 11th. Surely things can only get better ?

- Loan Update - Young And Hungry -

View attachment 151736
View attachment 151735
View attachment 151734

Branden Scott was the first one to come in a right sided inside forward who has come in as backup/rotation to James Armson.
Brayden Shaw was the next to arrive who will be in rotation with Ryan Beswick in the left sided inside forward position
James Barrigan was the last to arrive on loan as a back up to Asante in the defensive forward role.

All 3 have a lot of potential and i am extremely happy to have them on board. :)

- Undefeated - FA Cup Drama - Akwasi Asante -

View attachment 151730
Coming into this game i was extremely nervous as Bradford PA were sitting in top spot with us sitting in a measly 11th. The game got of to a flyer with James Welshaw giving them the lead in the first minute to then be equalized by James Armson. Just after the break Akwasi Asante gives us the lead in the 48th minute and that was that. Great performance by the lads to give us a solid 3 points.

View attachment 151729
Quite possibly the most boring game ive ever watched in FM but thanks to Akwasi Asantes goal in the 5th minute we take all 3 points.

View attachment 151728

Its FA cup day and this is the competition i really want to succeed in as the potential income from this competition is staggering. We come up against Cambridge City who start the scoring of thanks to a Alex Serrane goal in the 32nd minute. Shortly after Stefan Moore strikes to make it 1-1 in the 37th minute. Just before half time who else but Asante makes it 2-1. It was an end to end game throughout but in the 51st minute Serrane gets his second to make it 2-2 and thats how it ended. This means a replay is to come. Shortly after this game bad news struck around the club that top scorer Akwasi Asante will be out due to injury for 3-4 months. ABSOLUTELY GUTTED!!!

View attachment 151731

I was admittedly quietly confident coming into this but it wasnt easy. It all starts with a Andy Brown goal who came in as a replacement for the injured Asante. A few minutes later Danny Kelly equalizes to make it 1-1. That is how the game finished. After extra time and penalties we come out of the other side with a win after they missed their first 3 penalties. We get a small income from the FA nothing major but hopefully that will improve if we reach the later stages

- 50/50 - Climbing The League Table -

View attachment 151594
Not the easiest of 3 points i have to say, but with 3 points and a clean sheet things are looking up. James Armson With the only goal, you legend.

FA CUP 3RD QUALIFYING ROUND

View attachment 151592

This one is a bit more action packed then the last game with 4 goals in total thankfully we had 3 of them. And we go through to the 4th qualifying round the round before the first proper round of the FA cup.

View attachment 151588

A few days after the FA cup win we face Tamworth and lose 2-1 with them scoring the winner 10 minutes before time. James Armson scoring once again but it just wasnt enough.

View attachment 151586

Arguably our biggest game of the season against Macclesfield who were 5th in the league above us. As expected we get demolished by a very solid team who are looking for promotion into league 2. Gutted to be out of the FA cup as that was our main source of finance but there is always next year.

View attachment 151585

We climb 2 places up to 9th which i can only take as a positive and a step in the right direction. We also are only 3 points of the play off places which exciting especially for a team who have never been out of this division :)

Good luck mate! One of my housemates at uni was managing Solihull at the time, and took them to Champions League glory, so no pressure ;)

Back