The Sack

• Thread starter Thread starter Milleg9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

Milleg9

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had any examples of being sacked from a job , and then having success at a new club?

would you use the same tactics? same coaches ?

or would you start a fresh?

The only time I got sacked in FM13 was when I declared interest in another job. I was given the option to resign or get sacked. I resigned and I did not even get the new job. To force that decision on a manager that got you two promotions in 4 years is stupid. If I kept playing that save I would of had to start at a level lower then where I was at in order to get a job. I would of kept the same tactics but coaches do not mean much to me. I bring my style of play to a club just like real life managers.

See I currently have a save with Lyon , sitting 6th and im using a tiki taka style of football my media expectation was 4th but my job status is very insecure with the border even though im only 4 points off 4th! so I was just wondering whether to continue this way or to start a fresh!

Tactics? Only use tactics that suit your team, e.g. don't have a 4-2-3-1 wide, if you have no wingers.

Coaches? Depends on the attributes of the coach and if you are sentimental about that

I've been sacked twice, both occasions i've taken my backroom staff with me and succeeded.

My favorite example, I destroyed everything first season as man utd as you'd expect, 2nd season i made some silly transfer mistakes and left myself short on a real goalscorer when Van persie got injured twice putting him away for 9 months!, failed to win the title, got fired, took over napoli (who lacked Cavani,Hamsik) changed the tactic to suit Napoli, won everything.

All managers get the sack, being sacked is for me at least no biggy. I was sacked from Premier League club and after a few month holidaying got a job with Forest and won them promotion, they where took over and the new people in charge wanted Michael Laudrup so I was sacked again :( I did use my tactics again but had to modify the slightly (from fluid to standard/rigid) some roles too. Some staff followed as well.

Back