AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
CLBanner.jpg

The fans filled the stadium with their scarves and flags flying high, 60’000 fans filled the stadium for the first glimpse of their heroes in competitive action under the new manager. That new manager was Neil Lennon, Already known around these parts as a Celtic player and Captain who was now taking charge of the club for the second time. It was the first time many of them would see some new players and the first time they would all see the new look squad in competitive action.

Neil had given his press conference before the match, And had also been in the changing room letting the players know what he wanted tactically from them and also individually. The players from either side lined up in the tunnel ready to be lead out by the match official in the blue kit, The team standing behind their captain. Lennon stood at the back and looked on forward both keepers shaking hands smiling and joking with each other as the referee began moving forward. Leading both teams out onto the park through the tunnel as the teams emerged the place erupted, Loud cheers from applauding fans nervous yet excited at the prospect of a new season beginning.

The team’s emerged and took their place on the park, Lining up facing the main stand for the Champions league theme song. Today’s match was Celtic versus Fenerbache in the 1st leg of the Best placed third qualifying round in Celtic park, Glasgow. The theme song finished and both teams shook hands and headed into their respective halves with the Fenerbache team applauding the away support who had travelled with them getting into their positions whilst the Celtic team went into their usual huddle. The tanoid began to play the song that’s played before every game at Celtic park. “You’ll never walk alone.” Every single Celtic fan in the stadium stand with their scarves above their heads singing in unison, The 60’000 made sure they were always heard. The music always cuts out as the teams prepare to take kick-off and the fans continue to sing on their own.

The referee had gathered both captains in the centre circle where they swapped pendants and shook hands with each other and the other officials in the match, The coin was tossed and Scott won deciding which side to take leaving Fenerbache to kick the match off, The whistle went and the game begun the crowd still singing their song drowning out the noise of the away support and the referee’s whistle.

The first competitive match of the season had been played at Celtic park and goals from Anthony Stokes (9mins) and Daryl Murphy (80mins) earned Celtic a 2-1 win in the 1st leg. Stokes scored 9 minutes into his debut, A pass from Izaguirre to Samaras who provided the cross to the front post which was met with the right foot of Anthony Stokes who slotted it into the bottom left corner of the goal. Andre Santos pulled 1 back on the 54th minute of the game and it wasn’t until the 80th minute before Celtic regained the lead through Daryl Murphy, This time Samaras giving the bal to Izaguirre who swung the ball into the box which was headed into the goals by Murphy.

During the pre-season and preparation for the next Champions league match ‘The Daily Record’ Headlines have been filled with stories about Neil Lennon who has reportedly been receiving death threats and had bullets sent to him. Neil was asked about the incidents which he refused to comment on however said he will not be forced out of a job at Celtic with foolish threats. Pressure is on Neil and Co. to succeed in the away leg in Turkey and the distraction is probably the last thing he needs in the build up to the game.

The Celtic team arrived at the Ataturk airport, Istanbul, Turkey. Four days before the match to settle into the hotel and country before facing Fenerbache in the second leg. More headlines had been filled about Neil [Lennon] and pressure was seemingly increasing with pictures of Neil’s Wife and children being posted online. The game was played in Turkey and goals from Alex and Lugano put Celtic out of Champions league football with a 2-0 Victory over the Scottish side. The pressure of the headlines had clearly taken it’s toll on the team and the players and managers heads were clearly elsewhere. Celtic will now enter into the Europa League 4th qualifying round and have been drawn against Republic of Ireland side Bohemians where Celtic will most likely receive a warm welcome.

‘Daily Record - Neil Lennon Announces Retirement’
‘Sky Sports - Lennon forced out of Scotland with threats’
‘The Sun - Lennon resigns after champions league knockout’

Peter Lawell today announced that former player & manager Neil Lennon’s resignation had been accepted by the club after things got to hard with threats towards his family. Lawell was quoted saying:

“Neil has decided to take some time out and leave Scotland for a while for the safety of his wife and children.”

No manager has been announced yet however bookmakers have Martin O’neil the former manager to take over as manager as he is without a job at the present time. Whether anyone will want to take the job with the current situation is another story.​

Good luck mate. You have a follower in me.

Good luck mate. You have a follower in me.

Thanks mate, Takign my rivals to the top will be a tough job for me personally :p Sure some people such as Shay will enjoy me winning with Celtic more than I will XD, Got to give credit to FuelledbyPassion and Pistolped as they have inspired me to write in detail with my story.

Good start mate. Will follow :) Check mine out if you have time :)

Thanks mate, Takign my rivals to the top will be a tough job for me personally :p Sure some people such as Shay will enjoy me winning with Celtic more than I will XD, Got to give credit to FuelledbyPassion and Pistolped as they have inspired me to write in detail with my story.

Without a doubt. You're a bigger man than me, I wouldn't touch the Hibees with a barge pole on any game. XD

But keep it in depth mate, it's easily more attractive and such a better read.

The Dark Side :S, well good luck mate... you will need it :p!

Martin O’Neill returns to Scotland for second stint at Celtic.

Today Celtic announced Martin O’Neill has accepted a 2 year contract at the club after Neil Lennon was forced out of the job. Lennon who had been receiving death threats over and incident which happened in Glasgow had decided enough was enough when he felt his family were in danger and living in fear something Neil didn’t want for his children growing up, They have now moved to a different location which will not be revealed for the safety of the Lennon family.

A press conference in Celtic park was called to officially confirm to the public that Martin had taken the job. Peter Lawwell walked into the conference room followed by Martin O’Neill who both took their seats in front of a packed room of eager journalists, The journalists had been talking amongst themselves until O’Neill entered the room and the talking stopped and the new Celtic manager was blinded with the flashes from the photographers of the media. People from the Daily record, Scottish sun, Sky sports and many others were in attendance to see and question Martin’s return to Celtic.

Scottish Sun: Martin coming into this role after all that has happened and with a team Neil has built practically from scratch, Do you feel the pressure of talking the job with all the threats going around and with a new bunch of players who haven’t had time to settle and already there is change in position of manager ?

Martin: Well as you all know I’m know stranger to this room and this club after having a successful spell the first time, and I expect to have another successful spell at Celtic this time around. Of course there is pressure in this job as it is such a massive club however the pressure has nothing to do with the threats and at that I would like to send my best wishes out to Neil who I generally do feel sorry for him in the recent events and hope everything works out for him in the future. Obviously many players are new to the club here however Neil has spoke to them about me and I’m pretty sure we can bring silverware to the Celtic park.

Sky Sports: Your first match in charge will be a tricky away tie to Inverness followed by two matches against Irish side Bohemians in the Europa league, Do you feel you can win the 3 games and do you believe you can go far in Europe this year ? After your last success with Celtic taking Celtic to the final of the UEFA cup.

Martin: Well yes we have had success in Europe before and I do plan on making Celtic park a fortress once again in Europe as last time I was here the big teams were nervous when they came to Glasgow to play us. Of course the game against Inverness will be tricky but I do expect to win all three matches however our team will still need time to gel and get used to playing with each other and under my style of play so I won’t be expecting us to be hammering these teams.

Daily Record: One final question, Will you be bringing in your own staff members and will you be making anymore signings after so many have already been made by Neil ?

Martin: Short but sweet eh ?, So far I am unsure what I will be doing when it comes to staff, Johann Mjallby has already decided to leave along with Neil So a new assistant will definitely be coming in and I will take a full assessment of the other staff members before making a decision, Also I will sit down and talk with the board and sort out funding to see what is available however there is already one or two central defenders I want to bring in due to our lack of and injuries meaning we are lacking in the position and I have already made some enquiries but will not be revealing anything. Some players have already been told they can leave such as Morten Rasmussen and Andreas Hinkel.

MONGing.jpg

above Martin pictured with Lennon

Really good! I like the detail and stuff, it's cool. And you seem to have prior knowledge of the pre-kick off at Celtic Park...:p

Hope you do well, and cool to see a good Celtic story. :)

Really good! I like the detail and stuff, it's cool. And you seem to have prior knowledge of the pre-kick off at Celtic Park...:p

Hope you do well, and cool to see a good Celtic story. :)

Lmao I sure do I hate how good it is tbh. I mut ethe tv before OF's at Celtic park.

Sure not many people can argue IMO as much as I absolutley hate to say it the song and the way it's carried out before the match probably beats any team in the world including when liverpool sing it. I wish the rangers team/fans would have something like that before a match as theres always only one section sing at Ibrox majority of the games it does my head in.

Will try get an update on later tonight or tomorrow. Trying to make my updates as detailed as possible so will be reading over a few of my inspirations again for some motivation. Have played a few games in the save anyway so. Can hopefully right a good bit in detail.

as enjoying the story you have a follower and hope you do well

as a rangers fan i hope you fail miserably

The Flight to Argentina

Martin O’Neill had arrived in Lennox town at Celtics training ground early the day after the press conference after meeting all the players and staff he quickly got to work and was in his old yet new office at 7am, In around 3 hours time the players would arrive to begin training, A session which Martin would have to take himself along with Danny McGrain long time serving player and coach.

Danny is the first team coach at Celtic and has been since 2000, Daniel Fergus McGrain was born on the first of may in the year 1950 making him 60 years old and was born in Glasgow, Scotland. Throughout his career he made 62 Caps for Scotland at fullback and also managed an impressive 439 appearances scoring 4 goals. McGrain is a Rangers fan and the Scout never recommended him to Rangers because of his last name which he assumed he was a Catholic and Rangers wouldn’t have signed him and Ranger slost out on one of Scotland’s finest full-backs ever. Instead the rivals had him and he took part in Jock Stein’s 9-In-A-Row.

Danny joined Martin 10 minutes later in the office coming in with a list of some potential players that were available, He handed them to Martin which were put onto a pile at the side as continued writing in a little notebook he had, “I will look at the players Danny but first we need coaches so I am writing up a list of top coaches who I want, Give them to fPeter [Lawwell] for me please and I’ll look through the players.” He said handing Danny the list as his phone rang, It was Neil! [Lennon] “hello Neil how can I help you my friend ?” Martin asked. Neil replied very quickly and was asked to repeat it several times he seemed over excited, Finally he slowed down “Martin, I’ve found you a gem. He’s a central defender and pretty cheap, would only cost around £2million.” The pair spoke briefly about the player and many other things and Martin told Neil he would trust him on his word and make a instant bid for the player.

As soon as he hung up the phone he opened his contacts and rung Peter Reid - Club Chairman, Explaining to him what had just happened and about the player he wanted to bring in, Both parties agreed and contact was made with the club in question, A Deal was agreed the team where playing a friendly in Argentina so Martin was told to get on a flight to Argentina and meet the Directors and the player after the match in 3 days time.

Up he rose and sped out of the Office bumping into Danny on the way out “Follow me Danny” He said speeding away with Danny following close behind. Out to the car and opened the boot handing Danny his things for training. He explained he had to rush away to Argentina to sign a player based on Neil’s say so who had seen him play only last week. Off he went in the car home gathering some things and off to Glasgow airport for that long flight out to South America.

Meanwhile Danny went back into the office still 2 hours to go before the players would arrive and began ringing some of the staff who were wanted by the Celtic manager. After many yes’s and no’s the everyone had been checked off the list and would arrive at Celtic park either tomorrow or the next day. The staff hired where all mixed nationality which was weird however only the best were wanted regardless of nationality. Dutchman Marcel Lucassen was to be appointed assistant manager - He was previously assistant at German side Hoffenheim, Next was German tactician Bernhard Peters also coming from Hoffenheim. Ex Danish striker Ebbe sand would be appointed as Attacking coach, Paul Winsper and Giambattista Venturati were hired as the fitness coaches. Tosh Farrell was to be named Shooting coach whilst Massimo Bonini would be named defence coach and finally Adam Matysek was hired as the Goalkeeping coach. So after many hours of phone calls and players Arriving Martin O’Neill was only just boarding the plane for the flight to Argentina in a bid to sign a player thanks to Neil Lennon.

Have started writing the next update will try get it up sometime soon, May not be for a few days though friends cousin died in a car crash sunday morning so bit of a tough time just now.

Great story so far, im sure O'Neil will bring the club back to the top :)
Hinkle on the way out :O
Brilliant writing mate, take you time with the updates. Quality above quantity every time when it comes to story writing. ;)
Sorry to hear of your loss :S R.I.P

The flight to Argentina Cont.

*Bing* The fasten your seatbelt light had lit up signalling that take over was only 10-15 minutes away, The pilot speaking aloud to the passengers on British Airways flight 1487. “Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen this is your captain speaking I hope you enjoy our short flight to London, The flight should take approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes and we will land at 2:45pm if all goes well you can all be reunited with your bags by 3:30pm to enjoy the rest of your day, I will now pass you over to our superb stewards and stewardesses who are handing out the necessary procedures should there be an accident. Thank you for choosing British Airways.”

Martin sat back in his chair after fastening his seatbelt still wearing his training gear, He hadn’t packed a suit or anything for the meeting with the teams board. The flight from London to Buenos Aires wasn’t leaving until 21:55 so he had time to go into London and purchase one from the shops. At least that would pass some time before he had to enter the departure lounge, Martin wasn’t much of a drinker so he couldn’t pass his time by drinking known his luck being such a lightweight on the drink he would probably fall asleep in the airport and miss the flight! The plane began moving back to take it’s place on the runway, A Short flight to London then a very long flight to Buenos Aires, “This player better be worth it!”

The shuddering of the wheels as the plane landed on the tarmac of London, As predicted it only took 1 hour and 20 minutes. After around 45 minutes of waiting around in lines and waiting for the bags finally left the airport to go on the hunt for a smart suit to pack to wear in Argentina when he attends the meeting of a potential new superstar.

A pinstriped suit was purchased then a full English breakfast was next on the cards whilst waiting to check in for the long flight ahead to Buenos Aires. The next flight was at 21:55 so check in time would be around 19:00. The plane that was flying from Heathrow to Buenos Aires was the Boeing 777 flight 245 which would take 13 hours to get there. Arriving at around 7:55 am Argentinian time. Eventually the check in time had passed and once again Martin was sitting on the plane fastening the seat belt awaiting the journey to begin, It would be a long flight to Argentina and he would only have 7 hours to wait once he arrived in Argentina for the match between Nacional and Independiete to kick off, The player in question was Leonel Galeano of Independiete, A talented central defender according to Neil Lennon. The trip would also gives him the chance to see how football is played in Argentina and maybe even pick up some other young players if they catch his eye, It will also give him the chance to try and get some links with Celtic and Independiete.

I apologize for the size of the update, I have been working hard at it and lost it, Felt I really needed to update though and it actually looks longer on word.