The shortest time in a job ever?

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2K

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
While playing as Arsenal and Ghana I got offered the Mexico job. I took it as they were in the semi-finals of the Gold Cup and I thought I would easily win it.

After beating Canada 1-0 and USA on penalties in the final the bosses said they were delighted.

3 weeks later I had the first game in the Copa America against Paraguay and lost 4-1 (despite dominating!) and got immediately sacked!

Within a week I was manager of Belgium.

Has anyone ever been sacked so quickly, especially having won a trophy or are the Mexicans naturally spontaneous?

i got sacked after 3 days in FM09, with Australia. We lost 6-0 to Iraq

i resigned after 6 days with wigan in fm08. they were in league 1 and their finances were royally screwed and relied on their regen youth players. if i did my research i wouldn't have applied.

I've never been sacked that quick but I have left a job after just 7 days before.

I once managed Swansea from unemployed on FM09 and lasted 6 days - a draw and a win - and got sacked! XD

I've only ever been sacked in my first ever CM or when there has been a takeover.

I spent 2 days at Fulham in FM09 after a successful stint as Luxembourg manager. Fulham were in the Championship with no money at all and no talent at all.

i spent 5 years at a club and got sacked on fm09 that is the shortest time at a club

new user > chelsea> bid for all my players, get all their money > retire

=)

I HATE CHELSEA

i got sacked after 3 days in FM09, with Australia. We lost 6-0 to Iraq

I once managed Swansea from unemployed on FM09 and lasted 6 days - a draw and a win - and got sacked! XD

Both efforts are both pretty impressive (in a bizarre sort of way!)

If they wanted to make the game realistic then as manger of QPR you'd last a couple of months before being sacked, and even then you wouldn't be able to select the team or tactics! :P

Back