AFCTelford

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ve been reading a lot into “The Southampton Way” as I love Southampton as a city, it’s beautiful, just like some of the football they play. I find it fascinating how after all the players that teams have pinched from them (mostly my team Liverpool) and managers moving on, they always seem to do relatively well. I’ve been reading up on the processes that are behind their dramatic rise to the premier league and figured I wanted to pick a club that I feel has been losing its way for a few years (maybe not as badly as the Saints did) and so I picked Aston Villa. With most of my family coming from Birmingham I have always known what is going on with this club.

View attachment 127235

Relegation has been on the cards for quite some time and the club has been poorly looked after by the previous owner. I feel this clubs structure is so poor it could quite easily drop another level and have a double relegation. So my challenge is to revive Villa back to the Premiere League and solidify it as a top European side with a fixed way of the club operating.
My first task is to start with the club structure, starting with the academy. I want this club to do exactly what Southampton currently does. Produce and find top talent. Then let them help the club with results, knowing that the big boys are going to come in and buy this player, then have a perfect replacement lined up to repeat this process. This will then help the financial structure of the club become intact. The plan is then to get better each year until the point comes where players will no longer want to leave the club.