The SPL draws to an exciting end...

toddzy

Reaction score
Ok, so hatred aside, what are your opinion's of how this season has actually went? Based on footballing terms, not on our woeful off-field antics.

I watched this video at the end of sportscene and thought to myself, meh, Scotland's done ok I suppose. We've been graced with some new exciting players like Izaguirre (SP), Kayal, Commons and Hooper of Celtic. Not to mention some impressive performances from young James Forrest too. Rangers have also given some fantastic players and displays through Jelavic, Weiss with his direct running and also Kenny Miller's thrilling start to the season.

I'll take my straw out of the Old Firm's **** though, as the other 10 teams have also shown us some impressive things. Look at Connor Salmon, previously of Kilmarnock, he'***** the big time and helped Wigan yesterday to seal West Hams fate. A little pricey at £500,000, but it shows English clubs are prepared to pay 'big'.

The return of Rudi Skacel at the Jambos seen him net an impressive 13 in 31 appearances in the SPL this term, coming from midfield. Hearts also seen Ryan Stevenson turn in a few goals, notably against Rangers in January to hand a priceless 1-0 victory for the Gorgie Boys. Keven Kyle's late header against Hibs was also a very notable point.

Mixu Paatelainen's addition of Alexi Eremenko was a surprising one, but he certainly provided our game with some dazzling displays, but also showed he is a slight hothead. Though, I for one, would love to see the Finish utility man return next season, even if it is to Rangers or Celtic.

We also have to look at Adam Rooney at Inverness who has netted I believe 22 goals and John Sutton of Motherwell who netted just short of 20 (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

It's things like this which is keeping my more optimistic for the SPL next season rather than worrying about the Lennon escapade. Feel free to share your opinion, that is afterall what I made this thread for. IF you feel any player or manager deserves notable praise, please express your feelings as I've only touched on a few names.

Thanks for reading - roll on 2011-2012 in the SPL :wub:

BBC SPORT FOOTBALL VIDEO - SCOTTISH SPL HIGHLIGHTS

On the field it has been my favourite season in a while, despite having virtually no European football.
The Highlight for me would be the 2-2 draw with Rangers at Ibrox, followed by the 9-0 drubbing of Aberdeen.
Footballs not all about winning and having the best players, its also about excitement and entertainment, I think the SPL had a lot of that this season.

My highlights were Celtic exiting both Euro comps before they even started, us winning the league and us beating them in the league cup final. I think we have had the best of the other half again which will keep me satisfied!

We had a stuttering start but then we went on that amazing run. After January we stuttered our way through the rest of the season thanks to injuries and complacency. Here are some of my highlights from the season.

• Beating Rangers at Tynecastle with Stevenson's late winner
  • Hibs horrible season
  • Inverness beating Celtic & ultimately costing them the title
  • The Dioufy

I suppose if, like you said, put all the **** that has happened off th field aside, it has been a good season with loads of twists and turns at the top, as Kris said, Hearts were looking like title contenders at the start of the season, but lost some momentum. Rangers were looking like the title winners early on, but had a few dodgy results, and then defeats and draws against Celtic let them back into it. I really thought that Celtic were going to win the league after the last Old Firm game, but Caley were outstanding in that game, a lot of people say that result lost Celtic the title, and although i agree, i feel that McGregor saving the Samaras penalty was just as important.

My definite highlights were

• Drawing 2-2 against Rangers when we were down to 10 men.
  • Our new signings (******* ****, some of them look good!).
  • The Broony.