The Story of Ben Wilson - The Story Starts at Fulham

BennWilson

Reaction score
I am not using any updates on this story, just the basic FM 2012 game.

FULHAM

View attachment 271504

Inexperienced manager "Ben Wilson" takes over at Fulham after Martin Jol was fired!

Start of season expectations - Ben Wilson has told the board at Fulham that he is aiming for a top half finish. To do so he was awarded with a transfer budget of £3.96M and a wage budget of £825k p/w.

TACTICS

I will be starting with a 4-4-1-1 formation with Andy Johnson as my target man

View attachment 271505

TRANSFERS

Out

Kerim Frei > Real Madrid, £1.5MAaron Hughes > Southampton, £2MStephen Kelly > Stoke, £2.3MDickson Etuhu > Napoli, Season long loanDalla Valle > Brentford, Season long loan

In

Felipe Anderson < Santos, £5.25M
At only 18 years of age this is a signing in which I was looking towards the future.
View attachment 271518

Dean Parret < Tottenham Reserves, £750k
Parrett is a player I signed purely to enhance his stats. He will stay in my reserve squad for season one when I will decide his future at Fulham.
View attachment 271519

EURO CUP FIRST QUALIFYING ROUND 2ND LEG

Martin Jol was still the manager for the first leg.

Kaerjeng (0) 0
- 6 (11) Fulham

With the Fulham lads being 5-0 up on aggregate after the first leg, this was a chance for the players to relax and show me why they deserve a place in the team.

EURO CUP SECOND QUALIFYING ROUND 1ST LEG

Metalurgs 0 - 1 Fulham

EURO CUP SECOND QUALIFYING ROUND 2ND LEG

Fulham (5) 4 - 0(0)Metalurgs

EURO CUP THIRD QUALIFYING ROUND 1ST LEG

Fulham 1 - 1 SV Ried

EURO CUP THIRD QUALIFYING ROUND 2ND LEG

SV Ried(1) 0 - 2 (3) Fulham

PRE-SEASON

Fulham 2 - 1 AS Monaco FC

Leeds 1 - 4 Fulham

Fulham 1 - 0 Osasuna

Fulham 1 - 0 Parma

Ballymena UTD 2 - 1 Fulham

That rounds up all of the games prior to my first Premier League game. The pre-season has been very convincing with the team going unbeaten until a dissapointing 2-1 loss in the last game.

My first few fixtures for the league are a mixed bag really so I will be looking to get as many points as possible against the lower quality sides such as QPR as it is impossible to know what will happen against the likes of Manchester City.

RESULTS AND FIXTURES

View attachment 271534

TRANSFER WINDOW ROUND UP

View attachment 271682

A rather successful transfer window for us, with a total loss of just £4M

All but one of my signings were made with the future in mind, despite Petrucci getting some first team football in. The signing of Distin was my main signing to strengthen the first team squad, creating a stronger back four.

TOTAL SPENT: £11M
TOTAL RECEIVED: £7M

THE FIRST TWO MONTHS!

I had planned to update every month, but I didn't realise just how far I'd gone with the first month being so busy! From now on I will update on a monthly basis!

View attachment 271687

As you can see, following a successful pre-season everything went down hill.
With just 1 win and 2 draws in the league from 6 games we see ourselves sat in 14th with 5 points from a possible 18.

One positive to come from this was the point we earned against Liverpool, but still, it was a goal-less game so nothing came out of it with regards to team selection.

Andy Johnson has been very dissapointing in the league this year and I will be looking at selling him in the January transfer window.

View attachment 271689

That wraps us August and September, a dissapointing two months to say the least.

OCTOBER

View attachment 271783

After a horrible 2 opening months, it was back to the training ground to get the team fit to bounce back. Looking at the upcoming fixtures, it looked as though we had a good chance at getting some points for the team.

RESULTS

View attachment 271784

West Brom (H) - This was considered an even game with the pundits putting it down as a draw, but I knew that if I was going to have a good month, I had to start by getting 3 points in the opening game.

We dominated the game but it was an early goal from Zdenek Grygera that sealed the victory for us.

Wigan (A) - Again, this game was put down as a draw, but morale was up after getting our second victory in the league and the team didn't want to stop yet.

Sylvain Distin got his first goal for the team in the 5th minute, giving us the advantage very early on. Wigan piled on the pressure and it was Hugo Rodallega who got the equaliser for Wigan.

Soon after half time, it was Moussa Dembele who stood up to the mark and bagged us the victory goal.

FC RB Salzburg (H) - An easy victory in my group in the Euro Cup with Dembele and Dempsey both bagging a goal each.

Blackburn (A) - This was a game that I wanted to win to keep up my current form, but it wasn't to be with the game ending up as a goalless draw.

Stoke (H) - Pundits had Stoke down to win, but I love upsetting the odds. A brilliant performance from my team led to us gaining 3 points from the game in a 3-0 victory.

Stoke's Ryan Shawcross scored an own goal in just 4 minutes which gave our team a much needed lead. We were desperate to keep that lead and Andy Johnson finally got back on the score sheet, giving us a 2 goal cushion.

In the 69th minute we were awarded a penalty, with Danny Murphy comfortably slotted away.

LEAGUE TABLE

Overall this was a brilliant month, with us getting 10 points from a possible 12

View attachment 271786

NEXT MONTHS FIXTURES

Unfortunately, our good run may come to and end in November. We have just 4 games next month, with 3 of them being in the league.

All three of our league games will be a difficult test, with them being against; Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton.

View attachment 271787

Last edited:
ANOTHER BAD MONTH
View attachment 271814

After a good month, I went into November knowing I had some difficult fixtures, but a small part of me hoped that I could get some decent results.

View attachment 271815

FC RB Salzburg (A) - Losing wasn't an option here, let alone losing 4-2. Very bad result and I think that my EURO Cup run is gonig to end sooner than expected.

Arsenal (H) - The only result I can smile about this month. I was 2-0 down after 25 minuts and t stayed that way until Damien Duff put scored in the 85th minute. I thought it would be purely a consolation goal. The fourth official put up 3 minuts of added time, and in the 93rd minute, Andy Johnson slotted away to give us the point. Good result.

Chelsea (A) - I knew that winning this game was going to a tough feat, but the boys performed well and were unlucky in not finding the net.

Everton (H) - I expected at least a point here, with Everton on poor form in the league. I dominated the game throughout but Everton piled on the pressure and managed to bag 3 points against us. A very shocking result that left me angry with the team.

LEAGUE TABLE

Dreadful month that left us 14th in the league, much lower than I want us to be.

View attachment 271816

Looks like your really struggling in the league, maybe a change of formation for away games or home games could fix the form a little

Looks like your really struggling in the league, maybe a change of formation for away games or home games could fix the form a little
Thanks for the tip, will try mixing it up a bit