The Strange life of Fm Managers: The True Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5K

Raikan007

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread on this already, I thought it was rather funny that one of the "best" managers IRL and in Fm can have such a journey in such a short period of time!

Feel free to post your strange stories about managers and their lives in your Fm save!

In my current save (December 2012) AVB has already been hired by three different clubs and fired from two! First Chelsea then Fc Twente and now sitting 17th with Feyenoord (I am guessing he is going to be fired soon enough as well)

View attachment 224448View attachment 224449

In mine avb got fired from chelsea then went round nearly half the pl clubs ( wigan, bolton, liverpool, everton, aston villa, birmingham, west ham and leeds) in 2 1/2 seasons. Incredible.

Chelsea changed managers many times in my game, AVB, Moyes, Hiddink and now the current manager is Tony Pulis of all people! Fergie retired to be replaced by Mourinho, Dalglish was sacked, Van Gaal was hired who was sacked later as well, the current manager at Liverpool is Ian Holloway! Wenger went to Real Madrid, Van Gaal took over at Arsenal.

Also, Ive seen a lot of manager "exchanges" in my save. For example, West Ham sacked Eddie Howe, Chris Hughton left Birmingham to join West Ham as the new boss, and Birmingham ended up hiring Eddie Howe!

Tymoschuk ended up as the WBA youth coach, then took the managers job when the manager left, rather than the assistant, which seemed a bit wierd to me.... didn't really work out for them, since he had a 12% win ratio. Now he's managing Charlton :L

Oh, and every team I leave hires Rangnick... who's currently destroying my old Leverkusen side :( Is it even possible to go from CL winners to Mid-table/relegation battle in 2 years!?!?

"He's here, he's there, he's every-*******-where, AVB!" Chelsea to Blackburn(?), to Depor, back to London to manage Arsenal, now the Portugal national side :/

View attachment 224481

In other places, title-challenging Stoke are bossed by Phil Brown, Pellegrini is in charge of mid-table Chelsea, mega-rich Spurs are bossed by Alan Shearer and Europa League placed Man City have Louis Van Gaal. And Mourinho is at Liverpool, of all places.

Last edited:
I find it funny how on LFCMarshall's update Rafa is always appointed England manager and always makes John Terry his captain. He then lost 4-1 in the Euro play-offs and was replaced by Roberto Mancini.

Not sure if there is a thread on this already, I thought it was rather funny that one of the "best" managers IRL and in Fm can have such a journey in such a short period of time!

What!? Since when?

Also, he always gets sacked.. Usually goes somewhere lame like Fulham before inevitably being sacked again.

Last edited:
Terry Connor (Wolves assistant/caretaker manager in real life) turned Swansea into a top 8 side as manager within 2 seasons, then was offered the England job... In which he failed to qualify for the Euro's.

This has hapeened on every single game I have played on LOL Alan shearer always joins Wolves:OWhat's weird is he's not even a manager just a TV presenter and former football player don't know why hes a managerXD

I have started quite a few games now, but in nearly all of them, AVB becomes Bayern Munich manager, and either Moyes or Brendan Rogers...

Seems like AVB moves ALOT.

Also, Alan Shearer always becomes either Newcastle or Wolves manager. If Shearer becomes Newcastle manager, then Alan Pardew often becomes wolves coach.

As for the weirdest managerial story I have seen...Mick Mcarthy became Everton manager before taking the helm at Stanford Bridge :)

Last edited:
This isn't about 1 manager but about how many have managed 1 club.

10 managers in 15 years and they are currently sitting 20th in L2, found it pretty hilarious.

View attachment 224592

poor avb in my save (currently 2014 with everton) he move from chelsea,to fulham(WHAT),aston villa,now sporting gijon(WTF) who's currently on 17th...you should never leave porto mate

Wenger to Barca in my second season of my psg save. will post a screenshot later

AVB- Went from Chelsea to West Ham to Arsenal within two seasons and then went on to win the treble with Arsenal
Huub Stevens-From Schalke to Valencia to Man City to Germany and then went on a slump after Germany failed toqualify for the WC 2018. Germany to Shakhtar to Zaragoza to Willem II. He retired after that.
Rafa Benitez- Unemployed then goes to Valencia or Spain. Flops at it.
Harry Redknapp-Ended up at Liverpool after Dalglish got sacked and he also got the sack.

Oh yeah and forgot to mention Owen Hargreaves at West Brom in mine.

Marcelo Bielsa was the best manager for a few years in my save
and its weird that pep retires so early
also De boer gets quite good
Daniel Agger had a quite impressive start as a manager
the only world class manager beside me is this guy
View attachment 224718

and here are a few other bios

View attachment 224719View attachment 224720View attachment 224721View attachment 224722View attachment 224723View attachment 224724View attachment 224725View attachment 224726View attachment 224727View attachment 224728View attachment 224729View attachment 224730

I'm in my third yr with United and Ferdinand is now the manager of blackburn :P

First yr he played 39 games in total and second year played just 8 games forced him to retire.
In the summer he gets signed by Blackburn to be a youth coach in June and when their manager gets sacked in july, Rio is named new manager of Blackburn. Not doing too bad, 9th in the league with 2 games in hand.

View attachment 225193View attachment 225194View attachment 225195View attachment 225196

Fourth year with Bayern ... Mourinho is back at Chelsea and doing very well, Villas Boas swapped with him after Mourinho's firing at Madrid, took the Merengues job, then got fired, now coaches Koeln (who mind you, are perennially a continental team in mine, along with Kaiserslautern).

Martin Jol has thusfar been a successful heir to Ferguson throne in Manchester, while Rafa Benitez got back into the game via Barcelona.

Edit: Well, Villas Boas has been replaced by Thomas Tuchel (his stock keeps rising on my save leaving teams of his own accord upon a better offer: Mainz to Hoffenheim, Hoffenheim to Hannover, Hannover to Koeln). Surprisingly, Hoffenheim now ply their trade in the second division in spite of Dietmar Hopp's billions and dreams of bigger things.

The biggest, shock, though? Fullham have a tycoon and spend in upwards of 50 mil a year in the market, while competing for champions league places!

Last edited:
Back