Reaction score
So it was early Tuesday morning when I woke up, went into the kitchen, made some breakfast & listened to the radio. Suddenly they mention a "surprise resignation in Mearsyside". I thought, surely not Brendan Rodgers, he's just taken over down there. But David Moyes has no reason to resign? So I eagerly awaited the announcement of who resigned, & would you believe it, it was infact Brendan Rodgers! I jumped into the nearest taxi when the driver asked me "Are you heading to Liverpool?" I immediately replied "No, why would I?" It turns out, according to this taxi driver & apparently a few bookies, that I'm favorite for the Liverpool job! Me! Some Newcastle hero is favorite for the Liverpool job.

I got on the phone to my agent to get the latest & he said I am in fact due in Liverpool for talks, he was just about to call me. So I traveled over to Anfield where I met up with my agent & Liverpool representatives. I stated that I am very unlikely to want to join Liverpool as I only want to manage the mighty Toon! My agent straight away replied, "Don't be daft Alan.". So I thought about it whilst the Liverpool directors ironed out the potential contract. It turns out, this could be something special over here. I relish a challenge!

After a good hour of talks about the future & where I could take them & how they will "back me all the way". I headed back to my car, with a big smile beaming across my face. My agent said "I knew you'd like it.". One last look at Anfield before it was announced & I met the press, "Beautiful" I said.

*Over a week has passed & still no word from new Liverpool manager Alan Shearer to the media*

View attachment 294096

Ed Chamberlain - "Well, it's taken a while but I've just received word that we can go live to Anfield where new manager Alan Shearer has a statement regarding his new job. Let's go there now."

Alan Shearer - "Hello Ed, sorry it's taken a while. It's been hectic in the office over here. I would just like to say how delighted I am to be a a historic, successful & brilliant club, like Liverpool. I read the papers, I go on the internet & I see reports linking us with some fantastic players like Huntelaar, like Jadson, like Kameni & even as far as linking us with a sensational return for Fernando Torres! I can't say enough how far off the mark these stories are. Due to previous managers spending massive sums of money on players who quite frankly aren't worth it, it now leaves me with minimal funds. Also, I read your tweets, the reason I cancelled pre-season is simply because we have the Europa League to prepare us for the Premier League. It's not worth the risk of injuries adding another 6 or 7 games onto that. Lastly, Steven Gerrard has officially signed a new contract with us, he will hopefully be the first of many! Sorry to say Ed, that is all the time I have for now. Thanks for having me. Bye."

Ed Chamberlain - "Thanks for speaking to us Alan. All the best."
Jim White - "We have transfer news reaching us all the time! Let's get the latest now on a potential departure at Liverpool. Our sources tell us that Chelsea are linked with their former player, Glen Johnson! No response from the Liverpool side as of yet.
View attachment 294117View attachment 294118

Jim White looking a bit casual there, i thought he always suited up.

In build up to his first match in charge of Liverpool against Lokomotiv (Plovdiv), Alan Shearer had this to say; "Away from home is always going to be tough, regardless of the opposition. I just want to inform Liverpool fans that this isn't going to be a rocket ship, we are not always going to be on the rise up, we will have down falls. But just look at the bigger picture, this will be worth the wait."

He also found time to comment on the Glen Johnson departure rumor, this is that he had to say, "It's not happening."
So, Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) vs Liverpool.
The game started of with a bang & Luis Suarez scored after only 4 minutes, only to be disappointed by the assistants flag for offside. Suarez then did give Liverpool the lead after 15 minutes with a well placed finish. Lokomotiv responded very, very well! Proven by their equaliser after 35 minutes. lokomotiv continued to push up to half time but was kept out by Reina. In the second half, Liverpool took the game by the neck and took the lead again on the hour mark with a debut goal for Brendan Rodgers' final signing, Daniel Sturridge. The game was put to bed with 20 minutes to go, Luis Suarez adding his second goal of the game.
Full-time here, Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) 1-3 Liverpool
Man of The Match - Luis Suarez
View attachment 294146

The second leg loomed, with Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) having to travel to Anfield, a dead certain win for Liverpool, surely?
Lokomotiv started the game quietly, fortunately for them, so did Liverpool. The game only kicked into gear when Luis Suarez gave Liverpool the lead with another nice finish, 1-0 with only 3 minutes of the first half to play. Into the last minute of stoppage time of the first half, Lokomotiv hoofed the ball into the Liverpool box, the scramble proved to much for Sebastian Coates as Dimo Zahariev turned it into the back of the net, Lokomotiv equalised. Half time, 1-1. Liverpool took control of the game as soon as Steven Gerrard & Fabio Borini came on for Nuri Sahin & Daniel Sturridge respectively. It took Borini 4 minutes to make the difference as Assaidi's ball across the box found the Italian who turned it in for 2-1 to the Reds. Luis Suarez then popped up again as he finished off the game & the tie on the 64th minute mark, 3-1, again. One bit of bad news for Liverpool was the injury sustained to their captain & England international, Steven Gerrard. Who is now ruled out for 2 weeks & will miss the England game against Bulgaria.
Full-time at Anfield, Liverpool 3-1 Lokomotiv (Plovdiv)
Man Of The Match - Luis Suarez
View attachment 294151

Despite knowing his Monday night football match against Fulham was slightly overshadowed by the eagerly anticipated Manchester Derby on Sunday, Alan Shearer was oozing confidence after seeing two impressive performances against Lokomotiv (Plovdiv). Shearer knew that this home game was where his team sets the standards for the season ahead at Anfield, "Only a win will do" In the words of the legendary striker.
Alan Shearer also took the time to confirm a few departures out on loan which saw Michael Ngoo go to Bradford, promising youngster Conor Coady join Carlisle, Andre Wisdom join Oldham & Marc Pelosi along with Joao Carlos both go to Cheltenham.Despite being left with Glen Johnson, Steven Gerrard, Lucas Leiva & Doni for the visit of Fulham, Shearer was still confident & with good reason, it took Liverpool 15 minutes to take the lead, thanks to young winger Raheem Sterling giving them the lead. Then, a total fluke scored by Oussama Assaidi on the 27th minute mark making it 2-0 to the confident Reds. Fulham, to their credit, responded very well, just 6 minutes later, debut signing Dimitar Berbatov finished cooly to make Liverpool look anxious up until half-time, but they hung on well. Half-time, Liverpool 2-1 Fulham. After the half-time break Liverpool came out full of purpose testing Mark Schwarzer on two occasions, first with striker Luis Suarez testing him with a header, followed by Joe Allen's effort from the edge of the area stinging the finger tips of the Australian. he eventually caved though, when 63 minutes in Daniel Sturridge regained that important 2 goal lead rounding off a good team move, 3-1. Then the game was put to bed with a deserved goal for the controversial striker, Luis Suarez, dribbling past a defender & slotting it in, in the 77th minute.
Full-time at Anfield, Liverpool 4-1 Fulham
View attachment 294160

As we approach the first leg of the Europa League tie against Trnava, Alan Shearer commented on the current state of signings in at Liverpool from 'King' Kenny. This is what he had to say, "Well Kenny had plenty of money available to him after selling Fernando Torres, but, he simply rushed the signings in my opinion. Even prior to the Torres sale, he panicked & bought overpriced players, players which I still have today. Andy Carroll, great player but nowhere near the £35 million value. Jordan Henderson, exactly the same as Andy, he has bags of potential but hasn't looked like showing it. Stewart Downing is someone who ruined his own career after leaving from Villa. Aswell as a few others, I think Suarez, Enrique & Adam are the only one's that I agree with."
View attachment 294195View attachment 294196View attachment 294197

The first leg of the Europa League tie between Liverpool & Trnava, & It's live!
Liverpool started of this game very, very brightly. They was quick on & off the ball, always on the same wavelength & their short passing was a joy to behold! It took them 18 minutes to break the deadlock with the inform Luis Suarez finding the back of the net! 1-0 to the Reds. Not long after Suarez doubled the lead with his second of the game, a nice finish after fooling the defender, 29 minutes played & it's 2-0. Luis Suarez capped off his brilliant first half right on half-time with a header from the back post, 3-0 at half-time. Suarez then set up Fabio Borini 11 minutes after the interval & the Italian forward had no problem making it 4-0. Then only 6 minutes after that Trnava pull one back through Vladimir Sramka. That's how the game ended.
Full-time, Trnava 1-4 Liverpool
View attachment 294199

3 days later, Alan Shearer's Liverpool side had to travel all the way to Wales. A decision that left the manager fuming.
"How it's fair that we have to travel from Slovakia to Wales in a space of 3 days, when we need the right amount of rest, training & preparation. It's basically impossible to get that if you're travelling so much."
He did however, have some nice things to say about a certain Premier League manager & team. After being asked "Who do you see winning the league this season?" He replied, "Tottenham, they have an absolutely fantastic manager, great squad of player, great stadium & brilliant support. Watch out for them this season."
View attachment 294200

Here it is, the game that left Alan Shearer fuming, Swansea vs Liverpool.
A game that saw Swansea dominate from the first minute, their passing was to much for Liverpool to handle. Only thanks to Jose Reina that they couldn't break the deadlock in the first half. In the second half however, Liverpool started brightly, clearly jet lag was not an issue for Luis Suarez who forced a brilliant double save from Michel Vorm. Than 5 minutes later brought an unbelievable block out of Welsh defender Ashley Williams. After that block, Swansea went on the break & a good ball from Leon Britton sent Nathan Dyer through on goal, who found the back of the net with no problem, 1-0 Swansea. Liverpool had no answer to the slick passing of Swansea & that's how the game ended.
Full-time, Swansea 1-0 Liverpool
Man Of The Match - Ashley Williams
View attachment 294201

From Wales to Liverpool.
Liverpool hosted Trnava in what should have been an easy day in the office for Shearers side...
Trnava started the game well, testing Reina after only 2 minutes. It took them 17 minutes to take the lead, Szilard Petrik with a well timed run into the box & he met the ball perfectly with the volley, Reina with no chance. Liverpool pushed & they pushed but to Trnava's credit, they held on & a minute before the interval, Szilard Petrik added his second goal of the game after picking up the lose ball on the edge of the box & rolled the ball into the back of the net, 2-0. Shock on the cards? After the break Liverpool continued to test the opposite keeper & he continued to keep them at bay. That's how the game finished. Liverpool 0-2 Trnava.
Full-time, Liverpool 0-2 Trnava.
Man Of The Match - Szilard Petrik
View attachment 294203

Safe to say, manager Alan Shearer was not happy. He stated "We're going to have to improve massively from that shambles with Arsenal next to play."