The Tale of two strikers Torres v Anelka

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.T
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2K

Mr.T

Banned for being a rebel
Reaction score
Torres is in a different class as we should all know, but you have to show statistics to show the gulf in difference between Torres and other Top quality strikers.....
Anelka is considered quality by many and he made his 100th Chelsea appearance today his goal ratio 100 games 35 goals
Terrific Torres also made his 100th Liverpool appearance today his goal ratio 100 games 61 goals. The stats don't lie. Torres is a beast

For me Torres is the best striker in the world. And i bet all the Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea fans disagree but its my opinion

Chelsea fans may say Drogba
Man Utd fans may say Rooney
And Arsenal fans may say.............Well they don't have a top class striker XD

But its Torres

For me Torres is the best striker in the world. And i bet all the Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea fans disagree but its my opinion

Chelsea fans may say Drogba
Man Utd fans may say Rooney
And Arsenal fans may say.............Well they don't have a top class striker XD

But its Torres

shame for Arsenal fans ... for me it was Eto'o / Inzaghi (always give a constant pressure for the defense ... |)

Van Persie is a top-class striker.

From those you listed, I think I prefer Drogba. Not sure what it is, but he always looks the most dangerous with the ball in the box out of all of them.

Its funny because its like the Liverpool air made him fufil his true potential because he wasnt scoring as much for At.Madrid

anelka is a different type of striker then torres and with drogba upfront it is the best partnership in england this season easily. torres is a top quality striker no dout about that, but as a chelsea fan we feel the 15million we payed for anelka was a bargain. and i feel drogba is the best striker in the world on hes day attaking and defencivly.

Diego forlan has got a good goalscoring record

80 appearances for athletico 54 goals.

Stats don't mean everything, as the post above shows Forlan has a better goal to game ratio than Torres, but that doesn't make him better, of course Torres is better than Forlan. The number of goals a striker gets doesnt determine if he's better than another one. If you look at the complete picture and take into account other stats such as assits then players like Van Persie & Drogba would be up there.
I would say Drogba is the best striker in the world at the moment, simply because whenever he plays he has defenders ******** their pants and if he isnt scoring then he's getting a few assists. Torres has been the best striker in the world for the previous few seasons but it would be unfair to say that still as he is rarely playing due to injury.

Personally I prefer David Villa but Torres is easily the best striker in thepremiership.

Between Torres and Drogba for best in the world imo.
Both different players. if you want an out and out goalscorer and nothing else, then nobody is better than Torres.
But if you want a striker who can hold up the ball, header, shoot, run with the ball, make goals as we as score them, Drogba is your man.
One thing that Torres may have on Drogba is age. Torres could still improve a few aspects of his game, whereas Drogba is 31 and may have 2 or 3 years at top level before he starts to decline.

i think that all strikers have different good things about them, i would not want torres as my target man but i may want drogba as one, cant judge 2 completely different players, out of torres and anelka its obv torres, anelka gets very lucky and i believe hes a whiner and disloyal, he left city, fenerbahce, bolton, arsenal all under suspicious circumstances

i think that all strikers have different good things about them, i would not want torres as my target man but i may want drogba as one, cant judge 2 completely different players, out of torres and anelka its obv torres, anelka gets very lucky and i believe hes a whiner and disloyal, he left city, fenerbahce, bolton, arsenal all under suspicious circumstances[/QUOTE

its true anelka was apparently a sulk and i would agree with that in his past but the man has but that behind him and you can tell he is enjoying his football at chelsea. the man plays with a smile on his face now and you never hear him complaining about desicions going against him. and as for your LUCKY taunt he was top goalscorer in the premiership last season with 19 goals thats hardly luck is it and hes made a great start this season with goals and alot of assists for didier.

Stats don't mean everything, as the post above shows Forlan has a better goal to game ratio than Torres, but that doesn't make him better, of course Torres is better than Forlan. The number of goals a striker gets doesnt determine if he's better than another one. If you look at the complete picture and take into account other stats such as assits then players like Van Persie & Drogba would be up there.
I would say Drogba is the best striker in the world at the moment, simply because whenever he plays he has defenders ******** their pants and if he isnt scoring then he's getting a few assists. Torres has been the best striker in the world for the previous few seasons but it would be unfair to say that still as he is rarely playing due to injury.

oh come on Drogba is almost at par with Torres ill give you that but ask any defender who they would prefer on their team Torres wins everyday he gets assists too just ask Gerrard :D

I would say Drogba is the best striker in the world at the moment, simply because I AM A CHELSEA FAN

If you read on i said i thought Torres has been the best in the world for the past few years but not at the moment.

Back