The Teamtalk Guide: Fm12

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 18K

Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day to everyone, since the latest update (12.1.1) the teamtalks have become substantially more realistic and harder to get a positive response from your players! You end up actually upsetting them when at half time Cavani has scored a hattrick and you passionately say "I was impressed with your efforts upfront" and he loses focus, I am sure we have all experienced something similar recently...

I have been asked by the author of this to just link the thread to the original site!

The link is below!

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/match-day/team-talks/team-talk-guidelines

Last edited:
finished! this was all cut and copied from the link at the top of the OP :) none of this is my own work as he mentioned mostly everything that I have tested/encountered!

Could you extend it to also talk about "team meetings guide"

team meetings are pretty straight forward, either accept their advice or dismiss it :)

To be honest, I always found I have faith (Assertive) to ALWAYS get good results. Rarely do I get any reaction to expecting a victory.

Good guide. It would have been nice if they had incorporated manager reputation in this, I feel that this has a huge impact on whether players respond or not.

team meetings are pretty straight forward, either accept their advice or dismiss it :)

I think he means when you call a team meeting to boost morale.

You mean backroom staff meeting or whatever it's called.

Manager reputation is paramount in team talks of course, Rooney is not going to listen to some Sunday League ex footballer :) That is a given and should be understood before doing teamtalks!

On the other hand you just dont give teamtalks at all! I have done that for the last couple of games and I would rather have no reaction than bad ones to be honest :)

Manager reputation is paramount in team talks of course, Rooney is not going to listen to some Sunday League ex footballer :) That is a given and should be understood before doing teamtalks!

On the other hand you just dont give teamtalks at all! I have done that for the last couple of games and I would rather have no reaction than bad ones to be honest :)

I disagree. You can get good reactions from Premier League players with Sunday League rep, it's just a lot more difficult. When you have international experience you can say pretty much anything and you will get a good reaction..

I never said it was possible, as you said and what I meant was it is a lot harder :)

Agreed. I have had a reaction from Rooney with a Sunday League rep during and after my first year, it just takes forever to get it right :P

More likely is you get a reaction from players you have purchased or players being rotational (for example P. Jones)

wow! this is what i need the most at the moment. thx raikan :D

About to install FM12 and I'll need all the help I can get, thank you for this XD

One thing I'm not sure about is when you win a match, if you say "well done" or one of its many variants nearly everyone "looks delighted", should I then go and give each player an individual team talk? According to this guide anyone who plays 6.8 or below should be told you are unhappy, everyone in the 7. bracket gets "well done", should I use these? In my experience they are more likely to replace the "looked delighted" response with something negative. :/

What about when you give a overall "well done" team talk to the whole team and they all look delighted, and your striker has played a 9.0 rating, he should be singled out for the highest praise right? but can you get a better reaction than looks delighted? I've gained negative reactions before by giving such players individual team talks.

When exactly do you use the individual team talks? Only on players who have not responded well?

I'm also pretty confused about tones, this guide helps occasionally but not all the time. I had an *** man with 20 motivating once, he nearly exclusively used (assertive) "Go out and impress me". <sigh>

Back