• Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4K

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
5/2/2012
View attachment 221401
Dalglish Sacked!

Liverpool have today announced the departure of Kenny Dalglish as manager. Dalglish has seen his side stagnate in 7th place in the table after recent defeats to Chelsea in the League Cup and against Bolton in the Premiership. John Henry said the club had needed a fresh approach and that Kenny Dalglish wouldnt be that person. Henry is apparently looking for a younger manager to take the club forward who can take the responsability that comes with being Liverpool manager. Bet365 have published odds on the next Liverpool manager.
Rafa Benitez
2/1
Steve Clarke 4/1
Jamie Carragher 10/1
Marcus Babbel
20/1
John Aldridge 50/1
Robbie Fowler
100/1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/2/2012
View attachment 221405
Fowler takes the Liverpool hot seat
Liverpool are proud to announce Robbie Fowler as the new manager of their team. Fowler who turns 37 in April is glad of the challenge and hopes he can make big improvements to a team who won the league last when he was 15. Fowler is returning to similar sorroundings as he has previously been a liverpool player on 2 occasions. Robbies main aim this season must be to reclaim 4th place and qualify for the Champions League next year. His first challenge will actually take place today as he leads his new team out against 2nd place Man Utd in the League.
View attachment 221406
A win today could see Liverpool leapfrog Arsenal and Newcastle and see them sit just outside the top 4 should other results go their way. However victories at Old Trafford dont happen too often for many clubs and Fowler muct hope to have the element of suprise over Sir Alex today.
View attachment 221412
*Match overview and interview will be posted in next update. **For those that wonder this save begins in Febuary with all real league fixtures enabled. *** This story will mainly be just progress on how a Liverpool save can go, I will still continue my Parma story which is in greater detail

Last edited:
Febuary 2012:
Liverpool today face off against Man Utd in the Premiership. Their first test with new manager Robbie Fowler comes against arch rivals Man Utd who have a 16 point lead over Liverpool. A win could see Liverpool climb above Newcastle and Arsenal to 5th place if results go their way. This is Fowlers pre game conference and first interview.

Talksport: You sit here as the new manager of Liverpool, How does it feel to be here?
Fowler: Liverpool are close to my heart. It really is a dream come through to be chosen as their new manager
Liverpool Echo:
You arrive at a time when Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish leaves the club. How big a challenge is it to take over from such a loved figure at Liverpool?
Fowler: Kenny is a idol of mine and had done a magnificent job. It will not be easy to emulate him as the fans hold him dear in their hearts. But I will do the best I can and hopefully the fans will accpt me.
SkySports: As a player you were considered something of a flawed genius who had a poor work ethic. How do you feel about this analysis?
Fowler: I was never the fittest player on the pitch but I always did my best to help the team. I will prove people wrong who dont believe in me.
Talksport: What is your overall tactical approach to the game?
Fowler: I believe Liverpool should stay firm with their roots and I will promote a sweet attractive formation with lots of goals.
BBC:
Who do you consider the key part of your team?
Fowler:
It isnt fair to single out any players. We have such great players here like Gerrard, Suarez, Agger, Reina, Lucas. Every player will be crucial for the team.
Echo:
How do you feel about the players that Kenny signed in the January transfer window?
Fowler:Well both Salomon Rondon and Medhi Benatia are new to the League but have shown glimpses of quality when given the oppertunity. They will be given every chance to prove themselves.
Talksport:
How do you rate your chances against a much stronger Man Utd side today?
Fowler:
A club of our stature should strive to win all games. So we will go out and attack and hopefully come home with 3 points.
Announcer: This concludes the press conference for now. Good evening.

MUFC-v-LFC
View attachment 221444
Overall a good result. The team showed a good effort by claiming the draw and only for a few debatable calls from Howard Webb we may even have won. Carroll had a goal ruled out for offside on 62 minutes and the replays showed he may actually have been onside at the time. Suarez took his shot well and scored a super volley from about 35 yards out. Just before the final whistle United won a corner and up stepped Nani to take it. He belted it in for Park who got a head to it and it screemed into the top corner. There was nothing Reina could do about it. However Agger pleaded with the ref to disallow it as park had clearly pushed Agger out of the way and commited a foul. But Webb ignored this and allowed the goal. Just after kick off Webb blew up for full time and the players were outraged.

CPFC-v-LFC (FA CUP 5th Round)
View attachment 221445
We went into this game resting a few of our players. Reina, Lucas and Agger sat on the bench and in their place Doni, Suso and Kelly came into the starting line up. Overall the game was quite dull. We should have claimed a win but I wasnt too hard on the players due to them getting used to the way we played. We got a lot of shots in and hopefully in the return leg we will show our class and book our place in the 6th round. Bellamy impressed me and was always a threat.

LFC-v-EFC
View attachment 221446
What a game, what a result. The players bounced back superbly after the draw against Palace. Rondon opened the scoring in the 7th minute after scoring with a lay on from Carroll. Kuyt doubled the lead mid way through the half and we were comfortably leading 2-0 at HT. The second half kicked off just like the first ended with us dominating. Kuyt added his second soon after the break and then Suarez took on 3 players and beat them all before slotting home a neat effort past Tim Howard. Saha pulled one back for Everton but the game was all but over by that stage before Kuyt slotted home a penalty to complete his hat trick. Kuyt got the penalty after Carroll was fouled inside the 6 yard box. Overall a great result and the players did superbly.

Last edited:
Is that the real life league table enabled? How did you do that?

Is that the real life league table enabled? How did you do that?

Yep it is. The 2 matches today and one tomorrow were already simmed so put the 3 games as 0-0 draws. Also real fixtures are enabled. I got somebody to make me the real fixtures and sim them until todays date. Then the table was edited with FMRTE.
I can share the save if anybody wants the link :)

Yep it is. The 2 matches today and one tomorrow were already simmed so put the 3 games as 0-0 draws. Also real fixtures are enabled. I got somebody to make me the real fixtures and sim them until todays date. Then the table was edited with FMRTE.
I can share the save if anybody wants the link :)

Yes mate please do. Wouldn't might trying to save Wigan from relegation as a wee challenge

March 2012:
March will be a tough month for the team with games against Arsenal and Newcastle who sit above Liverpool in the league. These games will make or break our top 4 hopes. It will be a busy month also with 5 league games and the FA cup replay to play also. And if we won we would face a tough game against Spurs who were doing well.

LFC-v-Arsenal
View attachment 221456
A poor match to be honest. But I felt we deserved the 3 points. The players did well and Carroll was a praticular threat up front. We started off nervously in the first half and Andre Ayew took the lead for the Gunners on 27 minutes. Arsenal sat behing the ball and restricted our chaces in the first half. After some positive words at half time the players came back into the game and our patience was rewarded when Carroll headed in from a corner on 53 minutes. Arsenal began to panic and it allowed Henderson to score a screamer from the edgo of the box. We stayed in control then and could have gone 3-1 up only for Suarez hitting the post in the 82nd minute.

FA Cup 5th round replay:
LFC-v-Crystal Palace

View attachment 221457
Well what can I say. The players did excellently and we took our chances. We dominated the game from start to finish by being 5-0 up at half time. The players eased off the gas in the 2nd half but we never looked like letting in a goal. Great goals from Rondon, Suarez and Gerrard along with a brace from Carroll who has looked like a different player since I took over.

Sunderland-v-LFC
View attachment 221462
A bitter dissapointment to say the least. The players linked up well in defense and midfield but our strikers left a lot to be desired. I decided to rest Carroll for the game as he looked tired. A bore draw and despite having 16 shots we only had 2 on target. Must focus on shooting in training next week.

LFC-v-Tottenham Hotspur
FA Cup 6th round

View attachment 221458
What a turnaround from last week. we dominated a team that was doing much better than us in the league. We limited spurs to 2 scoring chances compared to our 23. I decided to play Suarez, Kuyt and Carroll up front and it worked wonders. Kuyt grabbed his second hat trick since I arrived. Carroll and Suarez both provided assists and looked deadly up front. If it wernt for the heroics of Gomes we could easily have won by 6 or 7 goals.

QPR-v-LFC
View attachment 221461

A pretty straight forward game this week and it showed. Rested Gerrard, Carragher and Lucas this week. Suso got a rare start and did well by setting up a goal for Suarez in the 24th. We sat comfortably 2-1 up at half time and knew a win would see us move up to 6th as Newcastle had lost earlier in the day. The players never let up an we ran out comfortable 5-2 winners in the end with the front 3 all getting on the scoresheet.

LFC-v-Wigan
View attachment 221459
Things started off nervously when we went a goal down so early in the game but captain fantastic popped up with a screamer in the 35th minute. I told the players how unhappy I was with the performance at half time and they reaced well by scoring twice more without reply before the final whistle. Kuyt has been a menace in front of goal for me and a fw clubs have been sniffing about enquiring about him.

Newcastle-v-LFC
View attachment 221460
This was our biggest game of the month. We faced a tough trip to St James Park against a team who wanted to deal our 4th place aspirations a blow. We could also climb to 5th place for the day as Arsenal wernt in action until the following day. The game was a tight encounter and both teams seem evenly matched. Luis Suarez cut inside from the left wing on the 54th minute and broke the deadlock. We decided to sit back then and protect our lead sa we wernt going to get many more chances.

Overview:
And so a very good month for the team with 6 wins and a draw this season. Our forwards are on top of their game lately afyer banging in goals left right and centre. The teams performance has also paid off for me as I collect my first Manager of The Month award from the FA. It has been a welcome award as some fans had doubted my ability before this month kicked off. We also seen the draw of the FA Cup semis take place. We would take to the field against West Brom and the winner would face either Reading or Nottingham Forest in the final.

I was going to like this..........until I saw the Derby scoreline :'(

I was going to like this..........until I saw the Derby scoreline :'(

Sorry about that :P
But on the good news Everton won the League cup and will be in Europe next season :)

Thoughts about the story so far?
I cant add a league table since febuary as I have just finished the season. I will post a table in every 2nd update after that fron 2nd season onwards :)

Yeah it's looking pretty snazzy-and quite colorful too which catches the eye.

If only we could get European football IRL. Oh well-beggers can't be choosers and all that lol.

Out of curiosity-does Pienaar end up going back to Goodison permanently?

Yeah it's looking pretty snazzy-and quite colorful too which catches the eye.

If only we could get European football IRL. Oh well-beggers can't be choosers and all that lol.

Out of curiosity-does Pienaar end up going back to Goodison permanently?

I didnt actually load an update, all updates have ca and pa changes and i didnt praticularly feel like doing them as it leaves the game unbalanced.

Cheers, just trying to keep with the times as nobody seemed interested in my other story. Pity as i was very sucessful but the fact I wasnt doing screenshots and pictures followers were hard come by. May still do it in my spare time.

Will finish the season tonight and maybe do the pre seaon update aswell. Expect a few transfer shocks

I didnt actually load an update, all updates have ca and pa changes and i didnt praticularly feel like doing them as it leaves the game unbalanced.

Cheers, just trying to keep with the times as nobody seemed interested in my other story. Pity as i was very sucessful but the fact I wasnt doing screenshots and pictures followers were hard come by. May still do it in my spare time.

Will finish the season tonight and maybe do the pre seaon update aswell. Expect a few transfer shocks

The part I found really tricky was player/team screenshots further down the line. Like in the Swansea story-bit hard to find a picture of Grant Holt in a Swansea shirt lol. And didn't want to use older screenshots. Quite unbalanced when they leave the club but you can see them in celebrations etc. Or I'm just being too picky lol

April 2012:

After a brilliant month in March we must hope that the club can keep this run of form going to have any hope of finishing in the top 4. Liverpool currently sit 5th in the league level on points with Chelsea in 4th. If Chelsea fail to beat Newcastle or Arsenal, Liverpool can overtake them in the league and occupy the coveted CL spot.

Liverpool have a pretty straight forward month facing Villa, Blackburn, Fulham, West Brom and Norwich.

LFC-v-Aston Villa
View attachment 221482
Another sensational game with goals flowing from the team. A brace from both Rondon and Suarez along with solo efforts from Carroll and Gerrard secured Liverpools biggest win of the season. Carroll was again putting in a masterclass as he laid on 3 assists(all with his head) and the players were very clinical in front of goal. Fowler could be heard after the game "We were so impressive, I felt we were going to score every time we went forward".

Blackburn-v-LFC
View attachment 221481
This was a much trickier tie as I decided to give most of my first team a break. Danny Wilson, Suso, Raheem Sterling and Adam Morgan got a chance to prov themselves in the league. We got lucky when Morgan was taken down inside the box and Adam stepped up to score the penalty. This would be the only real chance in the game but there were signs to be positive as Suso and Sterling impressed. Must be give a chance next season

LFC-v-West Brom
FA Cup Semi Final

View attachment 221484
Another fabolous hat trick from Kuyt. We domiated from start to finish and the 3-1 scoreline didnt flatter us one bit. Suso made another apperance and it looks like he may make the big break through next season. We cn now look forward to our first FA Cup final since 2006.

LFC-v-Fulham
View attachment 221483

Another solid display against tough opposition. Goals from Carroll and Adam were enough to secure a win before a Sendoras strike for Fulham. The icing on the cake was a og from John Riise whick secured a 3-1 win.

LFC-v-West Brom
View attachment 221485
The league encounter between us was quite a close affair compared to the FA Cup win. A goal from Rondon mid way through the 2nd half ensured our win however and saw us take 4th place from Chelsea who had lost to Arsenal earlier that day. The bad news was that Luis Suarez pulled a calf muscle and would miss the remainder of the season.

Norwich-v-LFC
View attachment 221486
This wasnt as close a game as the scoreline suggests. Only for an own goal by Reina we wouldnt have conceded and could have scored more than the 2 goals from Gerrard and Carroll. We did struggle in the beginning without Suarez to dazzle the opposition back line but our forwards were more than capable of giving Norwich the run around.

We now find ourselves in a somewhat comfortable position. We are in 4th place and the only possible challengers are Arsenal 5 points behind us and Chelsea 3 points behind. If we can avoid defeat against Chelsea and Swansea in our next 2 games we will get the coveted CL Place. We also have the small matter of the FA Cup final to attend to against Nottingham Forest. Oh yes...were off to Wembley. :)

View attachment 221493

Loving the idea of the table being real life, few questions

where did you get the FMRTE and will it work updating an edited update like mine or does t has to be official?

Cheers

May 2012: ( short update...will do pre season in a seperate update.)

LFC-v-Chelsea
View attachment 221528
What a performance, We knew we would be in for a tough time as Chelsea would look to cut the gap and overtake us in the league. The team showed real fighting spirit. We went behind to an early goal but we kept our heads in the game and put pressure on their defense. The hard work paid off in the second half as Carroll was brought down in the box and Kuyt scored the penalty that followed. The drama wasnt over there though because Torres dived in our area in the 62nd minute and got a penalty for his cheating. To the liverpool fans delight he blazed the ball into row z. The rest of the game was very tense and mostly defensive with neither side prepared to attack but instead sat back and defended.

Swansea-v-LFC
View attachment 221530
The game that defined our season. We showed we can play with the big boys and also could break down the smaller teams who played for a draw.Another marvelous Kuyt hat trick saw us guarantee 4th place and a return to the promised land of the Champions League. Kuyt has been immense all season and this was his 4th hat trick since I took charge. The league table doesnt lie. We played superbly to get where we were and hopefully with a full season of me in charge next year we can progress and put in a decent title challenge. It has also been noted that we are unbeaten in the 18 competitive games since I took over. The fans celebrated on the streets like we just won a cup final. Thats how important the CL is to Liverpool. In a few days the fans may have more reason to cheer as we take part in the FA Cup Final.
View attachment 221527

Liverpool-v-Nottingham Forest
View attachment 221529
The game was a tense moment for the club. We went into the final as overwhelming favourites. Nobody had given us a chance. But I refused to say we were going to win. Memories of Wimbeldon in 1988 follded back to me as I seen the biggest upset in history. We gave Forest plenty of respect and outplayed them for the entire game.They didnt manage a single shot on goal due to our tight defense and we scored 2 goals from Carroll and Kuyt. It could easily have been 3 or 4 nil only for the heroics of their defense also. As the final whistle was blown the fans went wild. For the first time in half a decade the fans had a reason to be optimistic.

We left London the next day and took an open top bus tour of the city. The fans went estactic. Banners depicting me were all over the place with the slogan "Only One True God". For me though the hard work was only beginning...

Last edited:
Loving the idea of the table being real life, few questions

where did you get the FMRTE and will it work updating an edited update like mine or does t has to be official?

Cheers

Hi Marshall,
I was given the FMRTE from a friend after helping him out with some kits. Its the original FMRTE that you must donate €1 for. The fixtures are from Foss who did a few leagues a few months ago. I then just looked up the epl table and copied all goals scored, points and conceded. It took a day progressing in game for them to appear. Only problem is that games hadnt been moved for TV such as United-Chelsea and Liverpool-Spurs. The fairest way I thought of doing this was just give the other teams a point each as if they played a scoreless draw. Player stats arent accurate as I cant replicate every game.

As far as I know you should be able to use the official fixtures along with your update. And FMRTE is able to work with any game version. I avoided using it or the data aditor for any porpouses to avoid crash dumps.

Glad you liked my idea. :)

Back