The 'Triple X' Set - Home, Away & Maverick - The Wingers are back!!

prigrajf

Reaction score
This is a tactic I found on sigames forums and with the permision of the author Mr U Rosler I'm posting it here. The tactic is composed from 3 sets of tactic.

They all share the same defensive platform which is considered to be the best defensive set up in the game, however it requires committing 6 players to defence. The issue then is utilizing the attacking 4 in such a way that you carry enough of a goal threat to make the tactic effective.

Defensive set up.

View attachment 369996

The attacking players are then distributed as follows with each tactic.

AWAY TACTIC

View attachment 369995

On the away tactic we are naturally fairly cautious with only our Striker on attack duty, players on Support duty are excellent at supporting attacks when we are in possession so there is still plenty of goal threat, especially counter attacking whilst defensively being really solid.

HOME TACTIC

View attachment 369994

The central midfielder is now pushed upto the AMC slot utilizing the Enganche role. The mentality has moved from Control to Standard. DW are now Inside Forwards. We now carry a greater attacking threat without compromising our solid defence too much.

MAVERICK TACTIC

View attachment 369993

The most attacking set up. The mentality is now Attacking, retain possession is off which means the tempo is a bit higher and we play slightly more direct. the Inside forwards are now on attack duty. Even with this set up we are really solid at the back.

DOWNLOAD:
View attachment 369992
View attachment 369991
View attachment 369990

HOME GAMES

Strong Favourite - Maverick Tactic

Favourite - Home Tactic

Evens - Home Tactic

Under dog - Away Tactic

AWAY GAMES

Strong Favourite - Home Tactic

Favourite - Home Tactic

Evens - Away Tactic

Under dog - Away Tactic

TO PULL BACK A GOAL/RECOVERY = MAVERICK TACTIC

PLAYER ROLES

Complete Forward/Attack

ACCELERATION
Finishing
Composure
Technique

There's no doubt acceleration is vital for the Complete Forward as well as the IF/DW. I've seen mine break from inside our own half and run half the length of the pitch before scoring on more than one occasion. A single advanced striker on attack duty works really well, you can expect a goal a game from yours, more if you are a top team.

Inside Forward/Defensive Winger

ACCELERATION
Finishing
Crossing
Passing

Don't worry about getting different players for the DW - IF roles, attributes geared towards the IF role will be fine for all. Again Acceleration is very helpful during counter attacks, getting to lose balls before defenders and getting back to help defensively. This guys provide a massive goal threat both creatively and as goals scorers in there own right.

Enganche

TECHNIQUE
Creativity
Flair
Finishing

Bit of a weird one this. Described as a static 'hook' for the team, these guys are actually very mobile and to my mind operate as a kind of 'super charged' Shadow Striker. Great creators and superb at timing late runs into the box. They will score and create plenty.

Central Midfield/Support

PASSING
Work Rate
Team Work
Determination

If/when you are a top team you'll only really need one of these as you wont be using the away tactic much. In fact, I try and make sure one of my Enganche's fits this role well as well so I can just use him if i need to use the Away tactic. For those of you with weaker teams or moving thru the divisions its worth investing in a couple of these as you will use the Away tactic a lot.

Defensive Midfield (Support & Defend)

TACKLING
Passing
Team Work
Jumping Reach/Acceleration

You will be using 2 of these at all times. I favour a Big Guy in the defensive role and a Quick Guy in the support role. Due to the way the 2 more attacking tactics are set up you need both to be good passers. The Short Passing players instruction is removed from both these players to enable them to bridge the gap between defence and attack with some pin point passing. You can consider them both 'lite' DLP's if you like. The DM on support duty will venture as far forward as the edge of the penalty area during sustained attacks.

Full Backs

TACKLING
Positioning
Team Work
Passing

Full backs on support duty offer an excellent balance of defence and attack. You have the luxury here of going with 2 dominant headers and concentrating on defensive/physical qualities here if you like. I personally still like 'footballers' in these roles but its tempting to have 4 physically dominant players across the back. A great option for those in the lower leagues.

Centre Backs

JUMPING REACH
Positioning
Tackling
Determination

Offensively these guys dont have to do much. They always have an easy pass on to one of the DM's. Make sure one of them is fairly quick and put him on the 'cover' role, (left CB). Simples.

Goal Keeper

AERIAL ABILITY
Reflexes
One on One's
Handling

You main threat to your goal is going to be from crosses and set pieces so someone dominant in this regard is key. The rest should be fairly obvious.

ATTRIBUTE LEVELS

English Premier League - minimum attribute levels - KEY 15 the rest 12. Elite/Champions League KEY 18 the rest 15.

Scale accordingly for your level/division.

DOWNLOAD:
View attachment 369992
View attachment 369991
View attachment 369990

Last edited:
training?

615914a92a6ec8de8c2477f9807b7088.png

Note: This is my preference, I've used it to get my tactics fluid... it will work for all tactics. I use it for my own tactic.

615914a92a6ec8de8c2477f9807b7088.png

Note: This is my preference, I've used it to get my tactics fluid... it will work for all tactics. I use it for my own tactic.

Good for getting the tactic fluid, once it's 100% fluid though, you're just wasting time keeping it on tactics only.

Personaly don't use any, but you can try it yourself :)

This tactic is amazing. 13 straight wins with Southampton. Beautiful play, striker scores loads, defence is rock solid.

mrairmax, which combination of the 3 are you using?

and could you describe to me your player line up

thank you so much = )

I use them in the exact way that the opening post says you should.

Line up is the Southampton squad with one signing (Eder Balanta)

oh ok thank you

and i meant more with what type of attacking mids do you play in the 3 spots? and what type of striker?

should the foot of the wingers be same side, or inverted?

and does the striker score more from low cross tap ins, through balls or crosses?

sorry for the questions, and thank you

This tactic is amazing. 13 straight wins with Southampton. Beautiful play, striker scores loads, defence is rock solid.

Great that is working for you :) Jup the defence is really solid, even in the lower leagues.

Last edited:
mrairmax, which combination of the 3 are you using?

and could you describe to me your player line up

thank you so much = )

Use it as it is writen in the OP.

HOME GAMES

Strong Favourite - Maverick Tactic

Favourite - Home Tactic

Evens - Home Tactic

Under dog - Away Tactic

AWAY GAMES

Strong Favourite - Home Tactic

Favourite - Home Tactic

Evens - Away Tactic

Under dog - Away Tactic

TO PULL BACK A GOAL/RECOVERY = MAVERICK TACTIC

So anyone using it? Any succes?

I'm using it with AFC Telford. In my 4. season now. Got promoted to Sklrill Premier in my 1. season. Came 2. and won playoffs. Had midtable finish in 2. season, and just mised the playoffs in 3. season. The reason for that was, that the club was still semi-pro and coldnt atract good players. Well I still can't, but signed some good prospects. Now in my 4. season the club finaly went pro and am curently top of the table after 30 games. Expecting promotion this year.

Had made one change in the tactic, as I made the DM on defend to an anchor man.

EDIT just won the league :)

Last edited:
I am about to end my 4th season with Real Sociedad (2017), need a new tactic as I have struggled this season finishing in 6th.. my previous were 4th, 3rd, 2nd... won the Cup in my second season. So I will give this a try if you dont mind?
Will let you know how it goes for me... do you need to give it a good number of games or is it pretty much instant results?

I am about to end my 4th season with Real Sociedad (2017), need a new tactic as I have struggled this season finishing in 6th.. my previous were 4th, 3rd, 2nd... won the Cup in my second season. So I will give this a try if you dont mind?
Will let you know how it goes for me... do you need to give it a good number of games or is it pretty much instant results?

It needs at least 10 games to work good. Hope it works for you. Use the sets as sugested in OP, good luck :)