Aesorian

Reaction score
attachment.php

HOU'S GOT VILLA RELEGATED?

gerard-houllier.jpg

Today Aston Villa were relegated from the Premier league for the first time in their history. Villa came 18th this season, 5 points from safety. While Houllier claims he would like to stay on, the fans are 'screaming for his head' according to one source, despite him getting the club to the Europa league Final.

It is expected that Gerard Houllier will leave the club within the week due to fan pressure, although there are apparently few applications expected for the Job due to the massive wage bill the Club has suffered from for years.

(The 2010/2011 League table for those who are interested)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g...hPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-2.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

attachment.php

MOREY INSTALLED IN VILLA HOT-SEAT

lvm_business.gif

David Morey was announced as new Villa boss today after the mid-week departure of Gerard Houllier. "This is a dream come true" Morey quipped, "Even with all the problems within the club this is an amazing moment for me"

Morey's footballing career was cut short after an injury forced him to retire in 2001, however he still looks back on his time at the club as a player fondly. "It was amazing, I was playing for the team I supported as a kid and I thought it couldn't get any better" He laughed then added, "At least now I know better"

Morey however, was less optimistic when asked about the finances of the club. "It's unfortunate but it looks like a lot, if not all of the higher earners will have to leave the club. The current wage bill is nearing £1m a week, and that's just not sustainable for a club like ours, well not at the moment anyway"

To finish the press conference Morey told us all the 3 things the Board had asked him to do;
"Step 1: Reduce the wage bill, by hook or by crook.
Step 2: Get promoted back to the Premier League
Step 3: Stay there and Build a team for the future."

-------------------------
Edit: Slight change due to my own screw up, had to revert to an earlier save and redo the end of the season, see the league table for the differences (VIlla do worse >.<)

Last edited:
well deffinetly follow this looks fantastic, hope you can keep hold of hogg etc

attachment.php

Today Aston Villa manager David Morey organized, in his words, "a hugely important press conference both for [himself] and the fans." However when the conference started the mood seemed no different from the last time we were here asking him about his appointment. The only difference was that there were 3 large tables at the front of the room raised to various heights. The front most table could seat 6 and was on floor level, the second table could seat 8 and was raised just above the front table. The third table at the back was raised higher still and could seat 10 people. All three were decked out in the Aston Villa's Claret and Blue, and adorned with the clubs crest.

150px-Aston_Villa.svg.png

Not long after we were seated and treated to a drink; Morey walked out and sat in the center of the front table and sat down grinning cheekily. After a few shout outs to some Villa legends in the audience like Juan Pablo Angel, current coach Gordan Cowans and Olaf Mellberg, Morey announced that the Press meeting would begin.

30cq7pd.jpg
images
images

Morey stood up and thanked everyone here for coming today and that there would be good news, bad news and some strange decisions to talk about, but despite all this he hoped that everyone who was involved in the club last season would be proud of playing for Aston Villa.

"With that in mind" he added, "Would Juan Pablo, Olaf and Gordan please come up to the table for a moment." As the audience turned to watch them, the three Villa legends walked to the front and stood just in front of the tables. "Now I know it's been a little longer than I would of liked to come speak to the press about the progress we've been making at the club, but a lots happened." Morey said, shaking his head wearily "As some of you may no doubt know, ForEx, our previous sponsor, decided that they wished to part ways and buy off the rest of their contract with us; so up until yesterday Aston Villa have been sponsor-less. However, thanks to the tireless work of the board we would like to announce out new sponsorship deal with Jaguar, and as such we would like to unveil our new shirt."

With that, Juan Pablo Angel, Gordan Cowans and Olaf Mellberg took off their shirts to reveal the Home, Away and Third choice kits to the shocked audience

AVFantasy.jpg

(From this Thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f110/mike-jones-stuws-kit-pack-thread-t54291.html)

"I would like to thank the Design house of Mike, Jones and StuW's for the wonderful design and hopefully, this won't be the last time some Villa legends are wearing these shirts" Morey Laughed.

As the three men sat back down in the audience, Morey's laugh died down a little, " Unfortunately now we have to talk about a serious issue, as you all know we were relegated from the premier league last season. As you know that brings several problems with it, as such we've had to sell an awful lot of players. I would like to thank each and everyone of the for the services made to the club."

Morey Transfers Out:
Stewart Downing - Fulham - £3.5m
Nigel Reo-Coker - Fulham - £1.8m
Luke Young - West Ham - £975k
Gabriel Agbonlahor - Blackburn - £5.5m
James Collins - Blackburn - £3.0m
Habib Beye - Birmingham City - £210k
Brad Friedel - Tottenham Hotspurs - £240k
Stylian Petrov - Newcastle United - £2.1m
Carlos Cuellar - Wolverhampton Wonderers - £2.5m
Ashley Young - Liverpool - £7.0m
Stewart Downing - Liverpool - £4.0m
Steve Sidwell - Everton - £2.5m
Andy Weimann - Leeds - £65k
Matty Taylor - Bolton - £2.5m
Isiah Osbourne - Preston - FREE
Stephen Ireland - Schalke - £6.0m
Richard Dunne - Released
Brad Guzan - Released
Mustapha Salifou - Released

Morey took a deep breath then continued with the conference "Again, I would like to thank those players who gave their all for Villa and hope they will do well in their future endeavors" When questioned on why he let some of the clubs biggest players and fan favorites go he only had this to say. "I only let go players that I couldn't renegotiate with. Unfortunately a lot of the players in that list refused to decrease their wages and as a championship club I can't have players on £50k-60k a week."

Morey then smiled slightly and announced that Gary McAllister had also left his position, "but allow me to welcome his replacement Ross MacLaren." he beamed as MacLaren came and sat on his right hand side. "Now, the most important part of today's proceedings, let me introduce to you what will be, in essence, the team that will take Aston Villa back to the Premier League."

Aston Villa Squad:
GK:
Fraser Forster - Newcastle - £1.1m
Benjamin Seigrist
LB:
Emiliano Insua - Liverpool - £3.5m
Joe Mattock - West Brom - £1.7m
CB:
Curtis Davies
Ciaran Clarke
Guilmero Burdisso - Rosario Central - £2.4m
RB:
Kyle Walker - Tottenham Hotspurs - Loan
Adam Matthews - Cardiff - Loan
CM:
Barry Bannan
Fabian Delph
Josh McEachran - Chelsea - £1.6m
Daniele Dessena - Sampdoria - £2.1m
AML:
Medi Caraela
Yassine El Ghanassy - AA Gent - £875k
Diego Buonanotte - River - Loan
AMR:
Marc Albrighton
Junior Stanislas
FWD:
Hugo Rodallega
Nathan Delfounso
Mattia Destro - Inter - Loan
Ruben Rochina - Barcelona - £400k

The players walked into the room one by one and sat down on the tables, until they were all in. "Any questions?" Morey asked...

Media: Don't you feel this team is a little young to win the league?
Morey: Not at all, nearly all of the players I've bought in have top league experience, Guilmero [Burdisso] was at Roma last season, Fraser [Forster] was at Celtic last season as well and with Hugo [Rodallega], Emile [Heskey] and Curtis [Davies] we have players who have represented their country several times on top of having premiership experience.
Media: Speaking of Emile, where is he?
Morey: Unfortunately he could not be here today, unfortunately he has taken being transfer listed hard and requested some time off.
Media: So he could leave?
Morey: Yes, he is asking for a large wage which doesn't match the role I have in mind for him, so
unfortunately he may have to leave unless we can sort something out.

"Thank you for all your questions, I would like to thank you all for coming and hope to see you at Villa park soon"

(For a more in depth look at the squad check here:
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/RandomStuffDM/Aston Story/Players/ )

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:55 PM ----------

attachment.php

Today Aston Villa boss David Morey, announced the short term Loan signing of Chris Smalling (Manchester United) and Havard Nordtveit (Arsenal). Chris Smalling's signature is a worry according to some fans after Man Utd. Skipper Rio Ferdinand claimed that Smalling was a 'disruptive personality in the dressing room'

Morey however just saw this as good news: "This means that for us, there may be a higher chance of getting him on a permanent deal. He's a fabulous talent and a permanent deal sounds like it could benefit many parties."

"Mostly us though" Morey cheekily added.

Similarly, Morey had to announce that the club had parted ways with Emile Heskey.

attachment.php

Aston VIlla Pre-season Friendlies:
(Scores link to the match overview)

Rushden 0 - 1 Aston Villa

Berwick 1 - 3 Aston Villa

Post Match

Ballymea Utd. 0 - 5 Aston Villa

Post Match

Aston Villa's first Championship match under Morey is away at Blackpool