Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, just thought I would post up my first real go at my usual, taking Spurs as far as I can.

Have made a real effort not to look at any 'wonderkid' shortlists etc!!

Let me know your thoughts!!

i know he is injury prone, but he is a class player and its better to have a sub for him then selling him!

you... sold.... VdV...... :(

disagree with sale of van der vaart

i know he is injury prone, but he is a class player and its better to have a sub for him then selling him!
I think the sale of Rafael Van Der Vaart is a good sale from goldenballs12345 as he is getting on, old and injury prone. Tottenham already have many class players in that CM/AMC position (Scott Parker, Tom Huddlestone, Luka Modric, Jake Livermore, etc.) and he got a very good sum for him - £15m. I know VDV is a top player, but I think Spurs can do better without his massive wage and with the transfer fee brought in. Seems like you're doing very well, goldenballs12345, especially with your 3-2 away win at Arsenal and it's nice to see you haven't stupidly overspent. Keep up the good work, mate!

Agree about VDV on both sides, really is a good player, top freekick and corner kick taker, and will be the leading assist player but I just dont like the formation. 4-2-3-1. Prefer instead to two upfront. Suprised no-one has commented on Raul, think he's a great short term signing for £2m, 50k p/w and two year contract.

The plan is simple, get champs league football this season, see how well Adbeyaor does and if he's doing well see how much City will want for him.

Great start to the season, just gotta keep going, get in top....next season will be the big test.....

Got a great couple of youngsters (ok a lot of money i agree but huge potential) in Ayew and Cissioko!!!

dude im sorry... you sold VDV!!!! if you play him in the CM position on that fomation (i use the same one) with modric, he will score plenty! you bought raul with good money?!?!? WHY?!? adebayor and defoe scores plenty for me! which brings me on to my next point... YOU LOANED OUT DEFOE?!? selling pav and dos santos i can agree with to an extent but dude... seriously!

I would agree with you slightly on Defoe......lol....I couldnt give him away and I kept Pav...weird I agree but I just feel like to be able to progress in your first season you need to freshen things up a bit.

Perhaps this game is different to reality but VDV is NOT a CM!!! Much prefer to play Parker..who will be replaced over the next season or two and Modric. Perfect togather.

Cmon...Raul for £2m!! Thats a great buy!! Scoring for fun!!!

Vertonghen also bought in, Kaboul Sold and Bassong sent on loan, like I say, I just feel that in this game the squad needs freshening up, especially when you start with a team in the prem that isnt Man U, Man C or Chelsea......

there is nothing wrong with the team there! its an ace team with one or two tweaks...

VDV isnt a CM but he can play there very well.
kaboul is getting good results for me as a 3rd choice defender behind the king and daws
defoe is scoring an amazing amount of goals when used as a main striker and pav/ade as target men
and raul... £2m for someone whos seen far too many full moons imo isnt a good deal.

fine, spurs are not the chelseas, utds or cities of the premiership, but with that squad you start with, you can beat all the mentioned teams and win the title with relative ease

you reckon!! with ease?!?!

how far into the game are you so far?? any screen shots?? Dont mean that to sound like i disbeleive ya but would like to see....

causing a lot of debate here i can understand why you have sold VDV but i really think the first season the team should be built to accomodate both VDV and modric while still involving both bale and adebayor?? but i agree with the signing of raul but maybe 2 mill is too much for a player of his age but clear experience and finishing ability defoe out on loan (pointless) and suazo and ayew (top signings) tbh think i would have sold pienaar?? but nice start to the season hope u can keep it up

I cant beleive you all think £2m if bad business for Raul!!! Even if its just for a season, he is twice the player of Defoe, even at 34!! I do agree though Humberto Suazo (Age 30) for £5m or just keep Defoe...prob my only regret so far.....bad business to be fair but I like to play a certain way and Pav, Ade and Defoe are up the top of the pitch players and Raul and Suazo will drop deeper, although Suazo is not playing that well.....two more games played, two more wins!! Middlesbrough in the League cup next.....away....

TottenhamTransfers_History.png

TottenhamHotspurFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

TottenhamHotspurFixtures_Fixtures.png

TottenhamHotspurSquad_Players.png

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

Impressive stuff!!! Seriously impressed....not sure what to say!!

Still feel that ive got a nice squad bedding down though, few good youngsters along with the experience....

Have you got any big name targets in mind for next season, do you expect to have to pay £20m+ for Ade??

just got a 3-3 draw away to man city too coming from 3-1 down.

no targets in mind yet tbh. see what i cna get on the transfer list/free is normally my tactic. im chasing tevez but the wages are a set back and ade has a clause in the loan deal for agreed fee of £12million or something. looking at trimming the team too with pienaar going and a few more youngsters coming in perhaps.

you have got a good squad dude. but i would have kept defoe and VDV. but keep me upto date with how your tactic settles in.

Will do, just finished Sept, all wins but a drawn away to sum obscure team in Europa, VDV just scored for Man C against me but guess who nicked the winner (2-1) in the last 2 mins....................RAUL!!! lol

Good news about Ade......just logged off but got a top tip brazlian for ya will let u know tomorrow...

Just incase you didn’t know when you were posting to the Story Section, but this is the story section, not the cut and paste 100 screenshots section.

If you want to boast about your game, do it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.