Things you look for when signing a player!

• Thread starter Thread starter donshaggy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2K

donshaggy

Reaction score
what are some of the things you take into concideration when signing a player?

Mine is apart from the usual attributes that goes with their positions...i take work rate, team work, determination, strenght and stamina vvery seriously. i play a very quick and attacking formation...so closing down all over the pitch is a neccesity..i hate it when i get report from the ***. manager that a player is not used to closing down as much or prefers a slower tempo.

so whats yours?

completely depends on the position but i like if a player has good

pace
decisions
determination
strength
and teamwork

I like a player with:
Pace
Technique
First touch
Work rate
Stamina

completely depends on the position but i like if a player has good

pace
decisions
determination
strength
and teamwork

pace is important too. decisions for my midfielders...concentration is also very essential for defenders so they dont make silly mistakes at end of games.

The first thing I do before buying a player is to have each of my scouts, scout them once. I look at different stats for different positions, but I like players with good Work Rates, Team Work, Natural Fitness, Decisions and First Touch.

Also depending on what level I am managing at if the scout report comes back a should seriously look to sign etc, then I take a closer look and make an offer.

Apart from the more obvious ones, I think Decisions and Composure play a big part.

The first thing I do before buying a player is to have each of my scouts, scout them once. I look at different stats for different positions, but I like players with good Work Rates, Team Work, Natural Fitness, Decisions and First Touch.

Also depending on what level I am managing at if the scout report comes back a should seriously look to sign etc, then I take a closer look and make an offer.

wow each of your scouts, that must be interesting...has there ever being situations where they report differently on the same player??? hmm will take a look into that definately.

Pace
Stamina
Passing
Teamwork
Workrate

And then depending on the position.

Depends what type of player I am looking for. Always workrate, Teamwork, and also his form and injury history.

Depends what type of player I am looking for. Always workrate, Teamwork, and also his form and injury history.

hmm injury history, thats an interesting one...how do you look at that, is it by getting him waatched over a few games by your scout or there is other ways to it?

As I don't use editors, the most important thing for me is 'personality'. That can give me a clue as to what the player's hidden attributes are. No point having a wonder player who is inconsistent and unable to handle pressure.

Then I check his position and PPMs and what his preferred foot is. That gives me a glimpse at how best to play him.

Then finally the visible attributes - two-footed players will have lower attributes so I take that into account there.

hmm injury history, thats an interesting one...how do you look at that, is it by getting him waatched over a few games by your scout or there is other ways to it?

Go to the history of the player, and it is in the tree menu that appears. It gives you an idea if the player is injury prone, which can be very helpful.

As I don't use editors, the most important thing for me is 'personality'. That can give me a clue as to what the player's hidden attributes are. No point having a wonder player who is inconsistent and unable to handle pressure.

Then I check his position and PPMs and what his preferred foot is. That gives me a glimpse at how best to play him.

Then finally the visible attributes - two-footed players will have lower attributes so I take that into account there.

wow thats an interesting theory mate..i dont use editors either, infact i dont even know what they are or how to use them...could u tell me a bit more about the personality thing?? and whats PPMs (its that player prefered movements)lol...well thats what comes top of my head.

i take technique flair and creativity, first touch and passing for my CM
tackling, positioning, teamwork, heading, strength, concentration - CB
pace, acceleration, off the ball, finishing, composure, technique, 1st touch - ST

mostly take technique into anyone i buy as i feel that if his technique is **** for eg. 4, and his heading is 20, is he techniqually good at it or what as i feel tech plays an important role in anything with regards to the players skills.
passing, shooting, heading, tackling etc.

does anybody know the answer or feel the same about my views?

It depends what position I'm looking for, but usually I always look out for pace, stamina and first touch.

Zebedee mentioned personality in this thread and i think everyone should seriously look into that cos is more than true and effective.

Back