Third Designated Player Slot (MLS)

Reaction score
I currently only have two designated player slots. However, I cannot find any place to buy my third. When I try to sign a third designated player, it saids something about only being about to sign three designated players at a time. I clearly only have two, and I am in 2026 at the New England Revolution. I have basically upgraded everything to the max, and my team has been leading the league for about ten years. Where can I buy/obtain this third designated player slot?

View attachment 236007View attachment 236009

Come on guys, help out here..

Last edited:
Right now I also have the same problem, I manage New England in 2011, and I can't find an option to add a designated player slot. However, during pre-season whenever I went to squad or squad registration there was a button in the top right hand corner which said 'Add Designated Player'. I suppose you can only add in pre-season.

I have this problem, too, I think it might be a glitch? When I have two designated players and I try to sign the third it says I am only allowed two designated players.. The MLS is always full of bugs on FM, was hoping it would be different this time. :(

I am having the same problem. I have 3 designated player slots. If I go to Team Registration, it shows me that I am allowed a maximum of 3 designated players, and I only have 2 currently registered on my team. I am trying to give a player of mine a new contract that would make him a designated player, but I get a message saying my contract offer failed because:
"There cannot be more than 3 designated players in the squad"

Seems like a bug. I have never had more than 2 DP's in my save, so I'm not sure why it thinks I have 3 at the moment.

I had a brief Chivas USA save and the option was just on the club overview, you can buy the third slot for something like 165k.

The money then gets evenly spread between the other MLS club iirc.

Back