This game doesnt make sense. From hero to zero!

istate

Reaction score
on my first season with liverpool i came second. i could have won the league on other occasions but man utd got a tremendous amount of points and nicked it.
Scoring plenty of goals and conceding very little.
After this season finished, during pre-season I brought Ganso and Douglas Costa (both of them are better than most of my current players). So as you can imagine I was very excited by about the following season.

Anyway,
roll on season 2012/2013 and with the exact same tactics pretty much I have already lost 5 games in 12 games played. whereas last season i lost 2 in total in the whole season.

any explanations guys because this doesnt make sense to me. in real life clubs play with the same tactics/formation for years and still maintain success. this game is abit bonkers dont u think? its hard to pinpoint where the problem is. morale is getting lower and lower too.

your advice/reflection is appreciated

i have attached 2 pictures. 1 of the first season after about 25 games and the second 10 games into the season plus a few better players.
View attachment 208116
View attachment 208117

Squad Harmony plays a big part especially when you sign new players to take first team spots, those particular players might not be comfortable playing in those positions, plus your current players may not like the new additions so the distrubtion changes. Adjust the new signings to try and fit them into your squad a bit. Check your assistant for squad feedback. He might have some suggestions for you.

Thanks faulky, i agree that will make a difference. but i think its too big of a difference dont you think for it to be by just 3 new additions? they are not contraversial players either.

No but they're tremendously foreign, as in their football is extremely different to england and they will take time to adapt. Ganso takes 2/3 seasons in my experiences

I always find if you check the amount of passes completed at the end of games it takes a while for new signings to start getting regularly involved with play...when you make new signings, particularly in midfield it might take a while for them to start getting involved in the teams play consistently. Maybe try playing only one of new signings at a time for the first few months?

Hope this helps :)

Not really, If they havbe trouble blending, they aren't going to play well, if they aren't playing well the team gets disheartened if the team gets disheartened they lose concentration, a loss in concentration causes dropped points. You'd be amazed at how in depth and realistic the squad harmony function is on the game, You need to be careful on who you sign and when. Also, if you replaced loved players (Geln Johnson, Gerrard, Carreghar ... etc) the players are going to be less motivated as well.

All of the above is true but a lot of people also seem to think this game is fairly easy in the first season and hard in the second. Although that's a bit extreme your results I had the exact same thing happen to me a few times regardless of what I change.

thanks guys. im going to give more thought to morale squad harmony.

Yeah all this is true, after 2nd season at Liverpool i let Garra go as he refused to take a pay cut and i didnt want to pay that much as he was playing smaller role in first team. So we lost first 2games because players were feeling unhappy.
Also you need to pay close attention to your players all the time. If player is playing too many games and becomes tired, he wont performe well. I had Steven G coming from world cup and he was exhausted, so physio succested to let him take 3weeks extended leave, Stevie came back feeling fine and has been performing well.

I think this is a problem. All of a sudden (not always at the beginning of a new season), my Malaga team just stop playing.

I use the same tactics and same match preperation, but I just concede more goals.

Sure I sign new players. I need to if im to improve the squad, but it's just ridiculous. If you cannot sign players for the fear that results will tail off then we might as well all play Football Director on the DS (shudders).

i agree with cityblues. the differences are too big compared to real life. in reality there are sometimes very drastic team changes during pre-season and the team plays very well during the season.

look at mourinho when he got to chelsea

i agree with cityblues. the differences are too big compared to real life. in reality there are sometimes very drastic team changes during pre-season and the team plays very well during the season.look at mourinho when he got to chelsea
I actually feel that reflect real life rather good. The big difference compared to à real life manager is that most users dont acknowledge the fact that this will effect the results. When Manager X sees these signs in the preseason friendlies and training, he knows he need to play lite cynical and grind out results, adjusting his tactic until the roles have set and the team has yet again come together. There are real life manager that have failed to do this though,( À Wenger anyone ?)

True, but it's a game and there has to be a point where the realism ends because we cannot attend the virtual training ground lol.

True, but it's a game and there has to be a point where the realism ends because we cannot attend the virtual training ground lol.

Ah yeas, thats is an important point.All the signs are there though ( talk to the assman) and I for one am happy about these micro features but I fully understand the frustration and agony of those wanting to kick off their boots, load up FM and just relaxe after à long day without having to pay attention to every little detail.