This is not Dungeons & Dragons aka a non roleplaying Arsenal save

gandrasch

Reaction score
View attachment 121334
Disclaimer: As my last years Story was way too time-consuming (Icemen - A Dennis Bergkamp Story) and even tough I'm still proud of it despite never really finishing it, I will shorten things down and hope to not get lost early on.

Rule1: I will only use scouted players, except one I sign every FM save since 2015.
Rule 2: No download tactic and reloading
Rule 3: There's no rule 3.

So let's get going.

View attachment 1085226

Arsenal Football Club

Nickname(s) The Gunners
Founded 1886; 129 years ago as Dial Square
Owner Arsenal Holdings plc
Chairman Sir Chips Keswick

Ground Emirates Stadium
Capacity 60,260

View attachment 121342

View attachment 121341Arsenal Football Club was founded in 1886 as a munition workers' team from Woolwich, then in Kent, now southeast London. They turned professional in 1891 and joined The Football League two years later. They were promoted to the First Division in 1904 but financial problems meant they were close to bankruptcy by 1910. They were bought out by Sir Henry Norris that year and to improve the club's financial standing, he moved the team to Arsenal Stadium, Highbury, north London in 1913. After the First World War he arranged for the club's promotion back to the First Division, in controversial circumstances.

View attachment 121340

It was not until the appointment of Herbert Chapman in 1925 that Arsenal had their first period of major success; Chapman modernized and reformed the club's practices and tactics, and under him and his successor George Allison (who took over after Chapman's death in January 1934), Arsenal won five First Division titles and two FA Cups in the 1930s. After the Second World War, Tom Whittaker continued the success, leading the club to two First Division titles and an FA Cup. After Whittaker's death Arsenal's fortunes gradually declined; by 1966, they were in mid-table obscurity and had not won a trophy in thirteen years. This led to the dismissal of Billy Wright as manager in 1966, and with it the appointment of Bertie Mee, who would go on to turn around the club's fortunes.

View attachment 121339
Following Bertie Mee's appointment in 1966, Arsenal won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, their first European trophy, in 1969–70, and their first League and FA Cup double in 1970–71. The Double-winning side, however, was soon broken up and the following decade was characterised by a series of near misses: Arsenal lost three FA Cup finals (1971–72, 1977–78, and 1979–80) and the 1979–80 Cup Winners' Cup final on penalties. The club's only success during this time was an FA Cup win in 1978–79 against Manchester United.

After stagnation in the 1980s, the return of former player George Graham as manager in 1986 brought a third period of glory. Arsenal won the League Cup in 1986–87, two League title wins in 1988–89 and 1990–91, the FA Cup and League Cup double in 1992–93 and a second European trophy, the Cup Winners' Cup, in 1993–94. However, Graham's reputation was tarnished when it was revealed that he had taken kickbacks for signing certain players and he was sacked in 1995.

View attachment 121338
Arsenal fourth period of success came with the appointment of Arsène Wenger in 1996. Under him, Arsenal won a second league and cup double in 1997–98 and then a third in 2001–02. In addition, the club were victorious in the 2002–03 and 2004–05 FA Cups, and won the Premier League in 2003–04 without losing a single match. In 2005–06 became the first London club to reach the UEFA Champions
League Final, and lost 2–1 against FC Barcelona. During the following close season, they left their longstanding home of Highbury to the new Emirates Stadium nearby. The club had not gained a major trophy since the 2005 FA Cup until 17 May 2014, when Arsenal beat Hull City in the 2014 FA Cup Final. Arsenal appeared in the FA Cup final for the second year in a row, thrashing Aston Villa 4–0 in the final and becoming the most successful club in the tournament's history with 12 titles.

Past Glorys:

First Division (until 1992) and Premier League

Winners (13): 1930–31, 1932–33, 1933–34, 1934–35, 1937–38, 1947–48, 1952–53, 1970–71, 1988–89, 1990–91, 1997–98, 2001–02, 2003–04
FA Cup

Winners (12): 1929–30, 1935–36, 1949–50, 1970–71, 1978–79, 1992–93, 1997–98, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015-16 (record)
League Cup

Winners (2): 1986–87, 1992–93, 2015-16
FA Community Shield (FA Charity Shield before 2002)

Winners (14): 1930, 1931, 1933, 1934, 1938, 1948, 1953, 1991 (shared), 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2014, 2015
European

European Cup Winners' Cup

Winners (1): 1993–94
Inter-Cities Fairs Cup

Winners (1): 1969–70

Record Players:

Most games

View attachment 121337
1 David O'Leary (722 games)
2 Tony Adams (669)
3 George Armstrong (621)

Most goals

View attachment 1085233

1 Thierry Henry 228 (377)
2 Ian Wright 185 (288)
3 Cliff Bastin 178 (396)

Fun Facts

In August 1928, Arsenal, alongside Chelsea, made history by becoming the first football clubs to wear numbered shirts. A year earlier the first ever live radio commentary of a football match took place, between Arsenal and Sheffield United. Arsenal played in the first match broadcast live on television, against their reserve counterparts in 1937.

Last edited:
Love the title XD I'll keep an eye on this and follow.

View attachment 121331

21. June 2016, London, Arsenal Press Conference Room

Ivan Gazidis: Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. First of all I want to thank you for your numerous attendance. I'm sure you won't regret it. Secondly there will be a short Q&A afterwards, so please stay if you would like to participate. And now I want to hand over to Mr. Arsene Wenger.

View attachment 121330

Arsene Wenger: I've been the manger of this club for the past 20 years. I loved every day and never had any regrets. Football always is and was my top priority in life. It will always be a part of my life. But now I feel like it's time for a different part of life. And that's why I'm stepping down as manager of Arsenal Football Club.

*murmur*

Arsene Wenger: We prepared this step the last couple of months. I believe the squad we've build is strong enough for my successor to compete at the top.
I have to thank everybody at the club, as they supported my decision. They helped to keep this undercover and prepare everything for my departure as manager.
But I won't leave Arsenal, I will continue as director of football to help the new appointed manager settling in and I still want to be part of the future of this club which I'm rooted in so deeply. I just won't spend as much time as I did in the past with football. Thank you.

Ivan Gazidis: We will announce Arsene's successor timely, that's all for today. We will now have a 5 minute break and then come back with the Q&A with me.

Last edited:
View attachment 121325
I have to admit I lied to you. There is a bit of RP in the beginning.

01. July 2016, London, Arsenal Press Conference Room

Ivan Gazidis: Thank you all for your patience. As announced last week Arsene Wenger will step down from his role as manager of Arsenal Football Club, but will remain at the club in an advisory function. Today we will announce his successor, but before that there are more major changes at the club we have to report.
First of all we have parted ways with Andries Jonker, our former head of youth development. We feel like we want a fresh start at this part of the club as well. We thank him for his service and the changes he brought to our youth academy and wish him all the best of luck in his future.
He will be followed by Roberto Samaden, former head of youth development at FC Internazionale Milano. His experience will help us create an environment to spot and develop young exceptional players and overhaul the youth system.
We also won over Norbert Elgert from FC Schalke 04 as new first-team development coach. He is the person behind players like Mesut Özil, Manuel Neuer or Leroy Sane and will help us with his wide array of knowledge in football.
As last change Steve Bould stepped down as assistant manager, as he wanted to start being a full time manager somewhere else.

There were called a couple of names in media after last weeks announcement. But we as a club feel like we want to follow our own path and so we did choose Arsene's successor to be a young talented trainer, who had to cut short his professional football player career due to an injury and had months to prepare for this job.
And now without further ado, I present to you as new manager of Arsenal Football Club the 29-time capped German international Korbinjan Sardnag and his new assistant manager Edin Terzic, who will join us from West Ham United.
We hope these two will continue our destined path, we started 10 years ago.

View attachment 121059
View attachment 121005
View attachment 121004

View attachment 121003

View attachment 121002

Last edited:
View attachment 121317
The Squad

Goalkeepers
13 - David Ospina - Colombian international with a reputation for excellent reflexes. He is good depth to have around the club. *****
26 - Emiliano Martinez - young Argentine keeper has acquitted himself well for Arsenal on a few first team appearances. Is decent back-up but would need some game time to develop. *****
33 - Petr Cech - experienced goalkeeper, recently retired from international duty. He is clearly first choice and still retains excellent reflexes, command of his area and intelligence. *****

Right Back
2 - Mathieu Debuchy - experienced Frenchman. Fairly consistent and balanced player. However is at an age where he is not keen to play back-up to Hector Bellerin. *****
24 - Hector Bellerin - lightning quick Spanish wing back with strong attacking instincts. Has made the position his own in the last 18 months and is now considered integral to Arsenal. *****
25 - Carl Jenkinson - lifelong Arsenal fan with an excellent engine, but is prone to mistakes and defensive errors. *****

Left Back
3 - Kieran Gibbs - no longer a young prospect, Gibbs has plateaued in his development. Whilst quick and comfortable on the ball, Gibbs is not as defensively aware as he should be. *****
18 - Nacho Monreal - the experienced Spaniard has become clear first choice at Arsenal, with his aggressive and intelligent defending. Monreal likes to intercept the ball ahead of opposing wide players and offers support down the flank on the overlap. *****

Central Defense
4 - Per Mertesacker (Captain) - Experienced German defender is the new club-captain, however is absent until the new year with a knee injury. The BFG is tall and intelligent, however is particularly susceptible to being caught by pace in behind, which is not going to improve given his age. *****
5 - Gabriel Paulista - an aggressive Brazilian defender. Can be an effective defender, but prone to being drawn out of position due to his aggressive tendancies. Development has plateaued. *****
6 - Laurent Koscielny (Vice-Captain) - an extremely impressive defender. He is very intelligent and proactive at winning the ball. He is also very mobile despite the fact he is now the wrong side of 30. He is clearly the best defender in the squad and possibly in the league. *****
16 - Rob Holding - new signing from Bolton is a talented prospect. Holding is comfortable with the ball at his feet and is fairly intelligent. He is likely to improve considerably. *****
20 - Shkodran Mustafi - new signing from Valencia is a very good defender. Similar style to Koscielny and appears comfortable with the ball at his feet. *****

Central Midfield
8 - Aaron Ramsey - a player with a fantastic engine and technique. He can play in most central midfield roles, as well as wide on the right. His excellent movement and engine makes him a good box to box type player, but he is also effective as a wide man on the right tucking narrow as a wide playmaker, encouraging overlaps. *****
11 - Mesut Ozil - a truly world class player, with superb technique and intelligence. Is easily most at home in AMC behind the striker as a playmaker. *****
19 - Santi Cazorla - an aging playmaker who is beginning to suit a deeper role, picking the ball up out of the defence and dictating play from a deeper position. Still very important to Arsenal despite his age. *****
29 - Granit Xhaka - new signing in central midfield has a reputation for disciplinary problems, but offers bite as well as outstanding distribution. He can play either deeper, or higher in central midfield. *****
34 - Francis Coquelin - an aggressive and mobile, ball-winner. While comfortable technically, he is not a creative player. Despite the additions of Elneny and Xhaka, he is still very valuable. *****
35 - Mohamed Elneny - an extremely consistent and intelligent midfielder. Can play a more reserved and defensive role due to his intelligence, or play in a box to box manner due to his great energy. He uses the ball sensibly and offers a lot of balance to the midfield. *****

Forwards
7 - Alexis Sanchez - Chilean forward can play wide, or as a false nine. Extremely quick and technically impressive, but with a great workrate off the ball. *****
9 - Lucas Perez - an aggressive and mobile striker, signed from Deportivo in the summer. Could play as a false nine, or off the shoulder of the defence. Versatile forward. *****
12 - Olivier Giroud - Arsenal have not yet reduced their reliance on the French Target Man. Giroud is strong in the air and links play well, but has not shaken off question marks over his pace or ability to deliver on the big occasion. Is still an extremely useful player, as well as alternative option from the bench. *****
14 - Theo Walcott - very pacy wide forward, who is beginning to move into the peak of his career. Still an important player for the club, despite some limitations as a player. *****
15 - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - an inconsistent player of great potential. Chamberlain needs to push on and become a regular for the first team. A powerful winger, with great dribbling and technique. *****
17 - Alex Iwobi - a talented young winger with excellent potential. Technically sound as well as intelligent and mobile. Plenty of room to develop with game time. *****
23 - Danny Welbeck - injured with a serious knee injury, however his athleticism, combined with teamwork and technique make him arguably the most balanced of Arsenal's forwards. *****
31 - Jeff Reine-Adelaide - another talented young wide player, with great technique. Is likely to become integral in years to come. *****

On Loan
1 - Wojciech Szczesny - Polish goalkeeper is spending a 2nd year on loan at Roma after an infamous smoking incident saw him lose his place as first choice in 2015. *****
10 - Jack Wilshere - injury-prone midfielder is spending a year on loan at Bournemouth to provide week-in, week-out playing time due to a lack of minutes in recent years. *****
21 - Calum Chambers - versatile defender can play at centre back or full back, as well as in midfield - on loan at Middlesbrough to give him regular game time to develop. *****
28 - Joel Campbell - despite an impressive season in 2015/16 Campbell is on loan, but with little obvious room back in the Arsenal squad. Has provided a versatile and consistent wide option. *****

© by llama3 (https://community.sigames.com/profile/14106-llama3/)

View attachment 121014

Last edited:
View attachment 121011

Tactics

View attachment 120997
A fairly standard 4-2-3-1 with a central attacking point in the middle. I want to create as many triangles to use my superiority in passing and creativity. This is archived by a forward minded central midfielder, my fullbacks and a supporting false nine striker. A defensive midfielder in front of my central defense should hinder the opposition to quickly counter my pretty offensive play. I want to play with another inside forward with support duty on the right, but AoC and Walcott are not really suited for that job.

Key Players

View attachment 120996
Özil is my key player in the system. He's involved in almost every attacking play.

View attachment 120995
My Box to Box midfielder, who presses from behind and opens even more space for Özil and Sanchez too shine.

View attachment 120994
Can play is inside forward on the left or false nine in the central. Has the perfect stats for both, but needs some time to learn his new role.

View attachment 120993
One of the best right-backs in the game, helps a lot of the middle is too crowded. Plays nice one-twos with my right sided winger and brings in fairly good crosses.

Last edited:
View attachment 120990

Preseason

View attachment 120989

The changes in tactics needed some games to get started, even though it isn't as different as before. I tried using a DLP(D) as defensive cover, but was way to counter prone, so I put him in DM(D) instead, which worked quite well. Sanchez started strong with two hattricks, but then lost his form. Good thing there's still someone called Özil who stepped up for him and led the offensive.

Transfers

The squad is fairly strong, even without any transfers and I wanted to use mainly my own youth, but most of them are nowhere near first team quality, except Jeff Reine-Adelaide and Reiss Nelson. So I was scouting mainly young players and the European countries.
I wanted to improve on the left-back position as I feel Gibbs hasn't reached his potential at all and Monreal is getting older every month. A backup for Özil would be nice but not necessary as Cazorla can be play his position and Wilshere, who is on loan, too.
I ended up with way more transfers then excepted but see for yourself.

Transfer Timeline

17/07/2016 Malang Sarr

View attachment 120980
My first transfer. Recommended by Mr. Arsene Wenger himself, this kid looks promising as ****. Already as good as Rob Holding despite 3 years younger.

25/07/2016 Angel Correa

View attachment 120973
The perfect backup for Özil. Can become as good as the maestro himself. He wasn't cheap tough.

28/07/2016 Riechedly Bazoer

View attachment 120967
Was one of my favorite players last year and as soon as my Netherlands scout recommended him, I signed him up. Those stats are insane at only 19 years of age. Will retrain him as DM (D) to give Xhaka some competition.

30/07/2016 Gianluigi Donnarumma

View attachment 120965
Signing him kinda feels like cheating but after my "hot prospect" assignment didn't bring up any player 3+ CA and a new signed coach from Italy recommended him, I gave myself the okay on that one. Was loaned back to Milan, to get some more first team game time, as I feel Cech is still too superior.

09/08/2016 Leon Bailey

View attachment 120964
This is when I learned, that I should always scout players to 100% before signing. Not that he's bad by any means, he just isn't the world bearer I hoped him to be. He fast tough and has still time to develop. Loaned back to Genk.

25/08/2016 Danilo

View attachment 120962

He's better then Debuchy and Jenkinson, he only did cost 5m € and I hadn't scouted him completely (again :/). I would still consider him as bargain. Will give me a great backup if Hector Bellerin is injured or not fit enough.

31/08/2016 Malcom

View attachment 120963
Holy Cow. After the "Bailey" incident I scouted him to 100% and it was worth the wait. I know him from the past and he didn't lose any of it this year. I kinda overpaid, but I want him to be my right inside forward, so he's worth every penny to me. Did get injured for 5 weeks two days after signing...

31/08/2016 Luke Shaw

View attachment 120959

How did I get him? That's how:

View attachment 120958

I tried to sign him all summer long, but Manchester United insisted he's not for sale under 170m €. Bernat was way too expensive aswell. Then my new head of youth recommended me some insane 18 year old Italian kid from Inter, which sadly wasn't available due to future fee on his loan deal, so I shifted focus on signing that lad next year and accepted that I have to play this season with Gibbs and Monreal. On deadline day, after I spent most of my money on Malcom then Shaw became available. I had to sell someone, to get the funds but I think I did good business (22m € + addons for a total up to 29m €). Bellerin on the right, Shaw on the left. That's how I roll.

01/01/2017 Maxi Romero

Since Arsenal tried to sign him IRL I buy this dude every year. He will join in January and looks promising (4,5* CA). No Screenshot tough.

Transfer 9 (without Players signed before I joined)

View attachment 120981

Detailed outgoings will be added later on.

View attachment 120956
As you can see, I did buy quite a lot of players, but only Shaw was a planned one. The rest popped up from my scouts while preseason. Because of that I haven't sold anyone despite Debuchy, which I didn't feel had a place in this team, and Coquelin, because I needed quick cash for Shaw on DLD and no one wanted to buy Giroud. Giroud will probably be sold, as I can't really use him in my system and he wont be happy to not play regularly. The same could be said about a bunch of other players, which are getting old or just aren't good enough.

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you :)

I hope to keep the quality up. I did a small revision of the first few posts, so the syntax and wording should be a bit better now. It's sometimes hard for me to find the right words in english and not to use wrongly translated german wording or one to one translated sentences.

Also I won't be able to get my fix of football manager the next few days because of sickness in the family. So there won't be as many new posts as I would like :(

View attachment 120658
Schedule and additional team information

View attachment 120654

Starting off November the season defining time will start. Games away at United and Liverpool followed by home games against Sh*t and Leicester, with important CL Group stage games in between, will really test the squad and his depth. But as you can see below the depth shouldn't really be my concern.​

View attachment 120656
Also this team report just makes me happy. I spend all the money. Oh noes!

View attachment 120657

Last but not least I wanted to show you how boring the transfer window was for the other teams. I guess this will change in January or next summer. Man Utd bought 2 replacements for Shaw on Deadline Day...

View attachment 120655

Dear readers,
This is my first iNOfficial Newsletter. I will report matches in this format, as I liked the idea in my last story. I will give you my opinion here and report about matches and everything else happened in the season. Today we will start with the first big match against Manchester City, which was the season opener. I did change my tactic, because I didn't feel like the 4-2-3-1 was familiar enough to dominate City with it.

Sat, 13/8/2016 18:00

View attachment 1086005

Tactic
As I said, I don't think the very open 4-2-3-1 will help against a stronger team like City, so I tried it with a counter approach instead.

View attachment 120634

Full game
1. Kick off at the Emirates

46. Minute

GOOOOOOOAL Alexis Sanchez

View attachment 120618
A nice assist by Nacho Monreal gives Arsenal the lead. Despite having way less possession, Arsenal defends well and is very dangerous on counters.

45+2. Minute HT whistle

60. Minute

GOOOOOOOAL Lucas Perez

View attachment 120615
And another counter doubles Arsenal's lead. Sanchez and Lucas linked up nicely It looks like the substitution for Özil 4 minutes prior to that goal was the right move by manager Sardnag.

90+3. Minute FT whistle

Results
View attachment 120610

It feels like a deserved victory. My tactical change worked out great and we had the better chances all game long. That's how I wished to start the season.

CL Draw

View attachment 120609

It's a more then doable group, with PSG the favorites like IRL.

So, it happened that I've been sacked in November and had to restart. I did manage to get 3rd in this easy CL group and draw like 12 games in a row. I just couldn't score any goals and all my key players were injured one after another.

I restarted and will update this thread accordingly and then continue. I don't have to change much, because I kinda did the same transfers all over again, but not on purpose.

Last edited: