this player has no intention of joining you at this time

• Thread starter Thread starter Ryner231
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 10K

Ryner231

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I just wanted to know if i could still sign a player if my scout comes back with this message. This player has no intention of joining you at this time

Pretty unlikely. Your reputation isnt high enough for them to consider a contract offer from you.

only way to definitively find out is get to the contract negotation stage, still highly unlikely.

You can try but most of the time when you get that message the player won't even listen to a contract offer from you.

Pretty unlikely. Your reputation isnt high enough for them to consider a contract offer from you.
See this is what frustrates me. Playing Napoli, I have won Serie A and the Italian Cup for the last 3 seasons and last season also won the Chamions League. Every good player i scout (Pastore, Kroos, Ganso etc), the report always comes backl with "Would have no intention of joining at this time"
Does my head in, it really does. I have 60M transfer budget and cannot spend it on anyone.

Have you actually tried offering them a contract or are you giving up when the scout tells you that the player won't be interested?

Scout reports are only as good as the scouts attributes. And even if his immediately obvious attributes (judging player ability and judging player potential) are good, there are many other attributes (including hidden ones only visible in the editor) that are factors in his decision.

Try offering for one of these players, sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised.

Same goes for the 'filter out unrealistic targets' option on the player search page, i never use this.

It's not only your own reputation, it's the player's happiness at the other club. If they're enjoying their football then they'll never leave. I suggest going for younger players whose reputations are lower.

On occassion it works, but vast majority of cases both the filtering on search page and scout reports will be accurate on that. Basically , until your club reputation hits Global, you're gonna struggle with that. Even then, the league reputation seems to be big factor as well.

Occasionaly they'll get upset with their club in the meantime, and yeah sometimes inviting on tests seems to work.

Me i just edit the reputations in FRMTE, the whole reputation system just doesn't work well and makes whole transfer aspect of the game unrealistic.

Offer a guy 10x more wage then he has, first team football in champions league winner, state of the art training facilities, support of 80000 fans on every game, but he's going to prefer to play in TinyVille, because my club is not big enough? Give me a break.

Declaring interest and buttering the players up help you to get them to sign.

How likely a player will sign for you depends on a number of factors. How ambitious and loyal he is, how much he likes the club he is with, the reputation of the league and club he is with in comparison with yours and your reputation as a manager. If you praise him and he responds in a positive manner there is a chance he will listen to your offer. But in the other hand if he just laughs at you, it's not even worth trying to get him.

Have you actually tried offering them a contract or are you giving up when the scout tells you that the player won't be interested?

Scout reports are only as good as the scouts attributes. And even if his immediately obvious attributes (judging player ability and judging player potential) are good, there are many other attributes (including hidden ones only visible in the editor) that are factors in his decision.

Try offering for one of these players, sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised.

Same goes for the 'filter out unrealistic targets' option on the player search page, i never use this.

I have found this as well, my *** man is notorious for filtering out players who would be interested. I've tried searching for players using the *** mans filter on and scouted every single player that returned in the results and none of them were any good.

How do you manage your searches without using it though, what processes do you use to narrow down the list of players, do you just use attributes or do you use other criteria? I tried to narrow my results down using players maximum wage (set to my wage budget per player) to filter those who are unrealistic and also a minimum value to remove all of the players who are simply rubbish (as even good 15/16 year olds usually have a value of £500k to £2m).

Back