lordkaizer

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if i could get from help/advice on improving my tactic or approach with my current team.
I am currently Thurrock in the Blue Square Bet South they were predicted to finish 22nd in my 1st season but I managed to finish 7th in the table. The 2nd league season is about to kick off but i feel i won't do as well this year as i had to completely remake my team/squad.

During the 1st season I played a basic 4-4-2 formation using a Rigid Philosophy with a counter strategy.

GK: Standard
Fullback's: Automatic
CB's: Both Central Defenders (Defend)
Right Winger: Attack
Left Wide Midfielder: Attack
Ball winning Mid: Defend
Box to Box Mid: Support
Advance Forward: Attack
Deep Laying Forward: Support

My plan was to put men behind the ball restricting the opponents to long shots, whilst my side would break forward down the flanks or hit a long ball up to the forwards to grab the goals for my team. This proved pretty successful for 3/4 of the season and helped me finish 7th.
My main concern with how i played in the 1st season is i had a fantastic away record but a very poor Home form i know playing more attacking rather than counter at home would help but i am worried my team will open up too much being the predicted weaker team.

View attachment 199070
Home Record

View attachment 199071
Away Record

For my 2nd Season I am going to use the same style as i used in season 1 but with a little change to forward roles. I changed the deep-laying forward to a target Man to win more aerials balls and get the ball under control in opp's half. Another small change is i changed to Zonal Marking hope to cut out any space when i got men behind the ball.

GK: Standard
Fullback's: Automatic
CB's: Both Central Defenders (Defend)
Right Winger: Attack
Left Wide Midfielder: Attack
Ball winning Mid: Defend
Box to Box Mid: Support
Advance Forward: Attack
Target Man: Support

Tactic for 2nd season:
View attachment 199072

I was hoping for some advice on if my tactic and approach is likely to work, How to get my home form improved, what changes would better help my team play the way I want them too and also what shouts would be beneficial (I am a noob when it comes to shouts)
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

(Media prediction of 17th for 2nd season)

I would stick to the same strategy when playing away but at home, I would use Control along with some ball keeping shouts, line retain possession. If wanting to defend à lead, I would revert to the counter strategy.