Tovarinho3

Reaction score
I am having fun with Barca and trying create tici-taca with as high as it is possible posession. Against weaker BBVA teams it is around 60-65% averagely, against stronger sides aroung 50-55%. Not good enough.

What to change?
w0vjfUU.png

For start you'll have to change tempo, much higher tempo goes against the tiki-taka concept. You will also to roam from positions, since a lot of movement is needed to create space. You don't need the TI Be More Expressive, because the very fluid sets a high creative freedom by default. And as for the fluidity, can't be very fluid since you are asking your CD and BPD to participate in attacking and this is wrong. You should go Balanced or Fluid. Finally, also take care that Guardiola always use different tactics (although the concept is the same), the Anchor can also play as a Half-Back against opponent teams with two strikers.

You also have to many attack duties, balance your team better.

There are a few problems here.

First thing is the tempo. For possession tactics, I would advise playing a lower tempo. This allows creative players to find space and ensures the ball is kept more. Higher tempo is for counter attacking/Direct style of play.

Next is the fluidity. A lot of people misunderstand fluidity and take the meaning literally. For possession tactics, a more rigid/balanced philosophy is needed. Especially with all of the speciality roles you have. Roles like the false 9, ball playing defender and the playmakers would be cancelled out by very fluid philosophy.

Also instructing your team to be more creative will mean that they dont follow your instructions closely enough. I would suggest taking that off

You also have to many attack duties, balance your team better.

This team is set up with good balance. There is both a support and attacking role in the back line meaning the ball will transition out of defense easier.

A Defensive, Supporting and Attacking role in midfield is very ballanced and in a 3-man-midfiled set up, I like to do this myself.

Two aggressive winger and a False 9: a decent front line.

This tactic is balanced.

I would change the tempo to much lower tempo and Change Busquets to a Half Back role

Stupid question inbound - When you say "Roam From Position" do you mean in the team instructions or the player instructions? or both?

You can take a look at my Tesla tactic. It's real tiki taka. I was where you are now creating it, and I can tell you that you need to pay attention to keep your players close to one another. For example your right sideback and your covering defender are to far apart. Your apa and dlps push up, and anchor man stays behind creating a large gap. Creating partnerships is also important, so a fbs would fit better for your right sideback to partner with IFA. He would also stay deeper that way and the gap between him and covering defender would be smaller. You also have one attack duty to much. Always have three attack, three defend and others support plus gk to balance. Or just download my tactic. It's finished.