Bertol

Reaction score
Hi. I want create gegenpressing tactic. I know are a few type of counterpressing. Hunt ball together like KLOPP's Dortmund and Liverpool and more man oriented 1 on 1 pressing like Heynckes's Bayern.

And tight marking acts on my players that they stay closer to opositive players. Affect my players stay further away from each other?

When i want press like Klopp, together players all press like one unit I should not use tight marking?
Beacause i think when I use tight marking my players stay further away from each other and this is ruined my narrow shape, together narrow aggregation?

When i want press like Heynckes 1 on 1 pressing i should use tight marking beacuse my players stay closer to opssition players?

Is main question how use tight marking? When use use tight marking? How use tight marking together with closing down

FM18 doesn't let you really adjust the pressing to different styles. You can't really replicate the different variations of pressing and gegenpressing with much accuracy. That is going to have to wait for the next Match Engine version, which might not be until FM20.

Pressing and retraining a tight defensive shape are a bit opposite. You really can't do both at the same time.

I often use tight marking with closing down, but it depends on the formation and squad. Tight marking means your players will try to stay closer to their opponent at all, regardless of whether its during a pressing action or not. Be able to effectively do this means my players need to have the marking ability, awareness, and physical ability to make it work. No use having a slow midfielder trying to stay close to a really quick and dribbly attacking midfielder - they will just get burned and then have space to move into.