Tika taka with 2 strikers

• Thread starter Thread starter ramoneiggy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

ramoneiggy

Reaction score
So basically I need some help to make a tactic like tika taka but with 2 strikers. I have a Liverpool save in 2018 with Neymar and Falcao as main strikers and Suarez as backup :) I use left and right AM like Nem, Hazard, Sterling and Douglas Costa. Other players I can use are Modric, Leiva, Allen, Subotic, Kelly, Skrtel, Baudstuber and some good regens. I was thinking making a 3-3-2-2 tactic. So any help is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

So basically I need some help to make a tactic like tika taka but with 2 strikers. I have a Liverpool save in 2018 with Neymar and Falcao as main strikers and Suarez as backup :) I use left and right AM like Nem, Hazard, Sterling and Douglas Costa. Other players I can use are Modric, Leiva, Allen, Subotic, Kelly, Skrtel, Baudstuber and some good regens. I was thinking making a 3-3-2-2 tactic. So any help is appreciated.

Its possible to play a pass & move game within that formation but I cant see you being able to retreive possession quick enough to be able to get a large possession. When leaving the flanks ( your DR/L and MR/L) without players, it will be ever so easy for the opponenets to hold possession out wide, using triangels to drag your players apart. They will basiclly only have to shout "exploit flanks and reatin possession". Also consider if your front 4 are good ( or willing) enough to close down and retrieve possession in advanced positions.

(Even if you meant a defense with DR-DC-DL) I suspect that having 4 players in advaced positions will perhaps make you struggle with retreiving the ball

Last edited:
Yeah, defence would be a big problem. I was initially thinking about 3 DC. Maybe I could use DL-DC-DR and one DM to cover that area

i play 4-4-2 but with the FB's at WB's and the Wingers at AMR and AML, so its basically like this:

ST - ST
AML - AMR
CM - CM
WBL - WBR
CB - CB
GK

play short passing game and i normally have over 60% possession every match

That could be good but I currently don't have a single good player for WB

Last edited:
What roles do you use?

just train your FB's to play WB's, shouldnt take them long.

i use these roles:

TM support - Poacher attack
Winger attack - Winger attack
BBM support - BWM defend
WB support - WB support
BPD defend - CD defend
SK defend

play fluid and control
short passing
float crosses
quite high defensive line
quite high tempo
quite narrow

and everyone set long shots to rarely

Ok, gonna try this with some other ideas for a season. How many goals have you conceded in average in a season with this tactic? And shouldn't tempo be lower with a tactic like that?

Why cant you play pass and move football with the good old flat 442?

Worked for Liverpool in the 70s & 80s. Worked for Arsenal in Wenger's successful years. Works for Fergies Manchester Utd now and has done for the last 20 years.

I can play it like that, but in a different save. I want to find a tactic that would work with my current squad and their natural positions without much retraining. The biggest problem I had with this team in a couple of seasons is conceding way to much goals so I'm trying to fix that.

Back