Chris78901

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of legends databases etc, but nothing quite like this...unfortunately for those who do not herald from England (or indeed have any major interest in English history), it may be wise to press the back button as this probably won't interest you.

What I plan to create is a 20 team league of English clubs...but with their best ever squads. For example, as I support Forest, the Reds would have Brian Clough in charge, Stuart Pearce at left back, John Robertson on the wing etc etc.

It's worth noting that I plan to copy over a nation if you like, to leave the original database to itself. To preserve originality and stop the legends from leaving, I intend on giving every club an indefinite transfer ban and giving every player a £200m buy-out clause on a stupidly long contract - assuming the editor doesn't chop and change that factor.

However, I'm still deliberating which sides to create. I have a rough idea, but once you get past the big hitters & historic clubs, it becomes rather difficult.

I will keep you updated...

Right, decided on sides. This will cause debate and for the tetchy ones, I will listen to people who believe other teams should be there instead.

Nottingham Forest (obviously...)
Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur
Liverpool
Everton
Aston Villa
Newcastle United
Leeds United
Southampton
Manchester City
Blackburn Rovers
Derby County
West Ham United
Sheffield Wednesday
Wolves
Ipswich
West Brom
Sunderland

My reasoning for not including teams like Bolton, Burnley or Huddersfield is that all three of those sides haven't done anything since 1960 at the very latest, while Huddersfield go back to before the Second World War.

Last edited:
hiya buddy. i'm so looking forward to playing this....like yourself i'm a Nottingham Forest, have been for the last 40 years. i've seen the highs and lows

Rather jealous of that as the majority of what I've seen is bad! Will feel a bit bad taking over from Clough though...

bless ya. i know the feeling about taking over a LEGEND like "Cloughie"

UPDATE: Sorry it's taken so long, been alarmingly busy since I decided I had enough free time to dedicate myself to this...

Everything off the field is done. The division itself and the tv money it distributes, all 20 clubs, stadiums, kits, finances, season ticket holders etc etc - all sorted. Just working on a cup competition at the minute, and then I'll crack on with the hardest part...the players!

Without wanting to put a timescale on this, I'm hoping the very latest it'll be done is end of May...which can tide you over until the next edition and through those painful summer months where you pray you keep hold of your best assets in the summer window.

Will have a think of the Wolves squad and post it up later. Good plan I like it. If you are struggling on others could sit down with a pen and paper later and get some names down for the other teams. 25 per squad should be about right. Good skills. The best way to create players is probs say 5 or 6 key attributes over 15 and then leave the rest at 0 as FM will generate them by the CA/PA you choose.

Example: Steve Bull Height 181 Weight 72

Finishing 16
Determination 19
Heading 17
Composure 16
Anticipation 16

Current Ability 145 Potential Ability 148

Using that as a template would work out quite well for your other players. That puts him about Rickie Lambert standard in todays world. Otherwise you could end up like some of these old db when the players are just too good.

yeah, your quite right, some of the legends databases the players are way overrated, I've created a 1970s English first division, database, you could maybe have a look at this, for some of the players from the 1960_70s, all the players where well researched, positions, ppm moves, etc., I think you have to try to put some personality into the created players, sometimes they just seem to generic, although know why you would just let FM generate them, as it takes ages to fill in all fields, but the players rarely go over 15 on attributes with the computer generate them. anyway best of luck on this as i know how much work goes into editing, don't think people really know how much works involved just to create one team, never mind a league.

UPDATE: Further apologies, as my timeline is WAY off. Juggling two jobs was significantly harder than I'd anticipated! However, Forest are done so that's one out of the 20 completed...

As for realism, I've tried to make it as realistic as I possibly can, however I have noticed there will be a clear divide in quality for some clubs. For example, Thierry Henry is going to be significantly better than Kevin Phillips...as much as I love Super Kev.

I will keep you further updated, but yes, anyone who could devise 25 man squads would be excellent. As I said, Forest are done and I have names down for Arsenal, United, Liverpool and Chelsea, while Spurs and Everton are coming along nicely too. It will be teams like Blackburn and Wolves that I struggle with, so any help would be greatly appreciated!