Tiote signs new deal at Newcastle

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote signs a new contract which will keep him at the club until the end of the 2016/17 season.

More...

I'll give anyone odds of 90/1 that he sees this contract out.

Good contract and signal of intent, just need Barton, Colo and Enrique to follow suit. Gutierrez has came out today urging that the latter two be retained.

Good shout, we literally signed him 6 months ago so he would of had that contract but whatever... I guess it took priority over Barton and Enrique for a good reason...

Better than having him unhappy though, quality player

Good player and biiiiig contract :) One of the quality players in the league.

We already know that it is long. No need to comment and increase your post count.

On Topic- Yes, as tubby said, it took priority over Joey and Jose for good reason :)

It was a generic comment, like every post on here. Get your head out of whoever's ****, stop being a whining little ***** and stay on topic.

Good for Newcastle that, really has impressed this season.

On Topic- Yes, as tubby said, it took priority over Joey and Jose for good reason :)

I was being sarcastic :P He signed 6 months ago, ergo had at least a year or 2 or 3 left, Joey's is expiring in 18 months I think? Priorities fuucked over at Newcastle (though tbh, totally used to it)

Fair enough to the lad, shows a good signal of intent to stay at St James' Park. However in football you never know what's around the corner and he isn't obliged to stay.. I do think he's quality though and I hope he stays

That's good news and i hope he does stay for long and Enrique as well.

Good news for Newcastle. If he gets any better he might have bigger clubs sniffing around him, so good to get him tied to a contract.

Pleased to see him signed. Our best player this season bar none. His displays in the defensive position have been remarkable. And an incredible goal vs Arsenal:wub:

I've heard good things about him, but haven't actually seen him play yet. Don't understand why it had to be so long, though. And considering he's a new signing, should his contract have been long enough anyway? Hmm....

One of the best signings this season IMO , although it's very unlikely he stays at St James' for the duration of it.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come as said here we need Barton ,Coloccini etc signed up to .But its all good news about Tiote he is quality

Probably a move to add masses to his value if any big clubs come in with an offer for him in the summer, not a "signal of intent" from the player.

Back