Tips for stopping/limiting the through ball over the top?

jaackgarland

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've developed a tactic that gives me good possession, chances created and doesn't concede too many.
Won the league with QPR and now I'm in the prem and I am struggling with balls going over the top of my defence. I have 2 CBs both with 15 pace/acceleration.
I've tried putting them on cover and i've experimented with high/low defensive lines & engagement..
I use a 4-1-1-3-1.

Has anyone got any tips I can use to limit this particular threat?

I've been noticing a few more people are countering with a low line defense and a high line of engagement (which in theory is odd as leave quite the space) but it seems to help. I believe Knap done this with DMs (I am probably wrong here as I haven't looked at his latest tactic) but I do know TFF also did the same but with the flat 442.

Hi guys, I've developed a tactic that gives me good possession, chances created and doesn't concede too many.
Won the league with QPR and now I'm in the prem and I am struggling with balls going over the top of my defence. I have 2 CBs both with 15 pace/acceleration.
I've tried putting them on cover and i've experimented with high/low defensive lines & engagement..
I use a 4-1-1-3-1.

Has anyone got any tips I can use to limit this particular threat?
Let them happen, one on ones created from it are rarely converted anyway your more likely to conceed from shots around the edge of the box.

Seen people suggesting to Regroup instead of Counter Press to. Seems to do the job.