Title hopes fading says Ancelotti

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti says losing to Wolves makes winning the Premier League "very difficult".

More...

yes but still winable

long way to go still

still time for them to come back, lets see what happens this month on and off the pitch

Sacking him will only worsen their title ambitions in my opinion.

A big comeback has happened before but atm I doubt Chelsea will be able to pull one off but who knows the premiership is a strange league.

I think it is as good as gone. Not only one team, their title hopes depends on United, City, Arsenal dropping points. If it was one team, then maybe they would have had slim chance, but three teams dropping so many points with Chelsea winning all? I dont think so.

I think if some of the top 4 teams drop say 6 or 7 points they could be back in it with a shout, but Chelsea must start getting points instead of dropping them themselves. Currently they are a longshot for the title.

Its over, there are far to many teams claiming top 4 spots + the likelyhood of Arsenal, United and city all dropping points whilest remembering United still have to play chelsea twice.

Chelsea lost the title a long time ago. They are fighting for a fourth place now imo. I can't see them coming back from that deep. They really are DEEP.
The title is Uniteds to Lose.

Last edited:
I still think they finish in the top 3, without a shadow of a doubt tbh.. They wont win it from here, bar a miracle. But top 3 is well with in them.

Its funny that 9 Utd fans and 1 Arsenal fan are the only to comment on this thread lapping it up lol. I think most Chelsea fans realise it is hugely unlikely we can defend our title this season it is massivly out of our hands now. But to be fair that wouldnt be the biggest horror, the biggest horror would be not qualifying for the CL. I still think we will return to winning form but when is the question.

Its funny that 9 Utd fans and 1 Arsenal fan are the only to comment on this thread lapping it up lol. I think most Chelsea fans realise it is hugely unlikely we can defend our title this season it is massivly out of our hands now. But to be fair that wouldnt be the biggest horror, the biggest horror would be not qualifying for the CL. I still think we will return to winning form but when is the question.

I think you need to re-read most of the comments, Not everyone is Lapping it up, More our saying dont write chelsea off.

Don't be stupid. Their season isn't finished, anything could happen to United/Arsenal/Spurs/City to affect their chances. Also Chelsea still have to play some games against the title challengers and could go on a good run. I hope they fail obviously because I despise the club.. but they still have a chance and the experience.

I think you need to re-read most of the comments, Not everyone is Lapping it up, More our saying dont write chelsea off.

I know, i was joking for once scott mate lol. I was just looking at who most of the people who had commented on here supported.

I think he has been very clever in taking the pressure off Chelsea now.

They have had an awful first half of the season in reality, however now that they are the under dogs for the title, maybe they can push on and reclaim a respectable finish.

Carlo Ancelotti will stay thats for sure!The only reason why he is still Chelseas manager is because we are fantastic in Champions League and I must say we had luck that we got Copenhagen in draw.We got fantastic draw now and we can now finally win Champions League!That is number 1 trophy who wants Ancelotti and maybe why we arent good in Premier League!(H)

They need to concentrate on regaining form and make sure they finish top 4, if they start winning again then they may put themselves back in contention for the title.

Every team in the league is dropping points at the moment. If Chelsea put a large run together they would be ?right back in it. Especially with United still to play (twice?)

Back