Title hopes not over, says Wenger

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 625

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manager Arsene Wenger believes Arsenal are still in the Premier League title hunt, despite a crushing 3-0 home defeat by leaders Chelsea.

More...

Well if Rafa Benitez thinks Liverpool can still win it then Wenger thinks Arsenal can. Arsenal are in a stronger position at the moment than Liverpool as well.

Key word being "hopes".
But chelsea are so on form for the moment Barca wouldn't have beaten them in that game!

I agree with what dave Platt said this morning. That it's Arsenal's fault because if they still had Van Persie people wouldnt be saying their not title contenders. and he said Wenger should have people capable of stepping up. which im afraid, Vela can't do.. Even though they wont be able to sit into the team straight away. Arsenal need to buy someone in January, they have the money. they need to spend it.

I don't know if we got chances, even I hate saying this. Chelsea is winning everything and I don't know if there is someone who can stop them when they are in a good day. Maybe injures for their key players, but it's almost impossible to hit 5-6 players.
Arsenal can hope for winning trophies when they will start to raid the Transfer Market and buy the best players.

I agree with David Platt too. Need a couple of players to strengthen in depth so we can deal with the injuries. The title hopes aren't over, but it's not looking too good for us right now.

Chelsea will be losing key players to the African Nations soon, so who know, maybe they'll start dropping some points.

agree with lee, it okay for there old players to be playing well in november, but wot about in feburary after they played 30 games in all comps and playing 3 games a week, or 4 in 10 days, they will drop points then

i think that chelsea should win the league but arsenal could win it, with the african cup of nations for chelsea as lee said it will be a big blow to lose drogba kalou and essien

To be fair, the title race is definitely not over, as anything can happen.

Tottenham could win the title technically. Though let's be realistic... Arsenal are now 11 points behind, I can't see it happening.

Chelsea may drop points during the African Nations, as Kris said, and I think they will... but 11? Once they are back to full strength, they'll jump back into a significant lead again, while Arsenal are still dropping.

I think Wenger is the best wheeler & dealer in the Premier League, however there are times when you need to spend... and another season without any silverware isn't really acceptable when Arsenal are more than able to mount a challenge.

During the african nations, were playing about 5 matches against the, dare i say it, 'lesser teams'

We're in a good positions, arsenal are outa the race imo, Chelsea and united are the teams capable.

Back