Montanaro

Reaction score
What leagues do you like coaching in as a low league manager? Do you stick with the team you pick, or do use them as a stepping stone for a manager job at a bigger club?

Personally, I usually take whatever club hires me at the start of the game, usually plenty of Spanish and Portuguese teams have job openings, as well as lower Italian Leagues. I also get torn between either sticking with a team I help build up, or taking a job with a prestigious club. I typically stay with my original club though.

I do think I will have a go as a LL club this time around. I prefer to stick with the club until I have built them up into a good side. I don't just do well one season and then move on. I don't like that style.

Ill probably manage a top team first (probably Liverpool) until i get the feel of the game because its alot easier to manage a top side,then ill dip my toes in LLM.

I usually do a Liverpool then for an LLM I just go on the data editor and put Christchurch in the BSS.

I'm intrigued to go for the isthmian league.

Will Istimian League be on the game, I'm looking forward to being Hampton and Richmond again after they missed out on promotion in r/l last season playoff final

Yes you can add the lower leagues in. I like to be Newcastle first and then do LLM. It is going to be a good challenge with Newcastle though!

Will Istimian League be on the game, I'm looking forward to being Hampton and Richmond again after they missed out on promotion in r/l last season playoff final

There is going to be a 3rd party league addon where someone is working on adding lower league English divisions. I think he has done up to the 11th tier.

great i think i´ll go west ham then go wiv my beloved guiseley ! :wub:... i love westham too.

Generally start with L2 or L1 teams. My favorites are Barnet, Plymouth and Leeds. Although I started with Newcastle this time :)

I cant play one season either. I stick with it either till the end or once the team reaches max rank and is stable enough. Then I move back to a lower league team :)

I usually manage a Championship team, get them into the Premiership, hopefully win it, then go abroad.. To Italy or Spain for a new challenge..

I stay at a club until I'm sacked.. Usually doesn't take long :p

..I was offered the Man United job in my Livingston game but I don't like leaving because usually in like 2014+ the best teams are either in serious debt, or are just terrible.

its better to stick with your club because if you do well then you have more of a chance of a bigger team approching you. try the really lower leagues as you can then build the teaam up like blue square or league 2 i like being a team like stevanage or torquay

Last edited:
Show some loyalty lads!
FM is all about starting with some ****, and making them into a team of world beaters.
Then get bored, and make a shock move to another BSP club, and repeat