To The Wolves

• Thread starter Thread starter Mick1211
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4K

Mick1211

Reaction score
Georgie: Today has brought to an end the search for the new Wolves manager, following the resignation of Mick McCarthy earlier this summer. Chairman Steve Morgan’s choice is bound to bring excitement of a high level to many supporters of the Barclays Premier League. A past player, admired by so many is finally making his way back to these shores. It will of course be by boat, as the man taking on the job of leading wolves to a successful campaign this year is none other than former Arsenal striker Dennis Bergkamp!Our very own Chris Kamara, is on the scene at Molineux for us; Well, as you can see Georgie, the Wolves fans are ecstatic at this news, as they have been all morning. No doubt they see it as an end to the more stern but proven tactics of Mick McCarthy and the coming of some creative play from their side under Dennis Bergkamp. Although of course there is no telling what way Bergkamp will set up his team or what kind of talent he will look to secure during the transfer window.
Georgie: Quite right, but of course so often we see that a team ends up playing in the style that their manager was associated with as a player

Chris:
No doubt that’s what has these supporters riled up in the way that they are. A shrewd piece of business by Mr Morgan, this will certainly earn him bonus points with the supporters even before the results of this decision begin to unfold.

Georgie:
I’m sure there are many more other than Wolves fans who are looking forward to this story unfolding, thanks for the update Chris.

Chris:
No problem Georgie

Georgie:
Many of Bergkamps past team-mates have had their say today on this development. Martin Keown, Patrick Viera, Ray Parlour and Lee Dixon have all been quoted wishing him well in his new position and Arsene Wenger had this today,” Certainly Dennis has the attitude for this position, without doubt. As a player he was always extremely well organised in the way he went about his work on and off the field and this will stand by him now as a coach. I wish him the very best of luck and I am
sure he wil do well.

View attachment 232625

July 6th 2011

View attachment 232626

Excerpts from Bergkamps first interview

“I am delighted to be sitting here as manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C and I am very much looking forward to this next step in my football career” “On my hopes for the future I will say this; I know that the finances at this club, whilst extremely stable do not match many of those around us and therefore I will be approaching with a sense of realism. This is not to say that I believe it is impossible for us to end up in Europe this season, this is football after all, we do not earn points for the quality of the team sheets that we release.” “With the transfer market the way it is, I fully believe that the best chance we have of bringing about success here at Wolves is by investing in youth. I have a very good idea already of whom I will be working with, my coaches, scouting team etc. and I truely believe in their ability to assist me in finding some real talent that we as a club can nurture.”“As for the playing style of my team, it is far too early to tell such things. I do believe in the total football philosophy, but at the same time, as I have mentioned, especially in this league you have got to be realistic.”

6th August 2011

View attachment 232632

The Sun Pre Season Predictions

View attachment 232631
Wolves(18th​)

Despite a fantastic pre-season including a 7-0 trumping of Reading and surprise wins over Hoffenheim and Mallorca, it is now time to be “realistic” as Bergkamp would say. Wins in pre-season are nice and will no doubt have sent a nice vibe buzzing through the squad, however that is simply not enough to take on the harsh reality of a gruelling premier league season. Bergkamp has invested heavily in youth, but it seems he has forgotten just how high the standard is in this league he so often tore up. With the relatively unknown Luca Marrone his only signing that will really have an effect on the first team squad and on loan at that, it seems that Bergkamp has prematurely abandoned his longing for realism and come completely full circle. Surely he does not believe that a squad that barely hung on to the coat tails of this division at the end of last season will be able to contribute much or any of the form shown in pre-season. Wolves will be lucky to hold onto there status as a premier league team come the end of this season.​

Transfers
Luca Marrone(21) Juventus – Loan
Nicolai Boilesen(19) Ajax – 3.5m
Giuseppe Prestia(17) Palermo – Loan
Francesco Gaffi(17) Roama – 10k
Gael Bigirimana(17) Coventry – 130k
Patrick Olsen(17) Brondby – 250k
Carlos Lazaro(20) Free

Key Player:
Steven Fletcher

View attachment 232628

Manager: Dennis Bergkamp

View attachment 232630

One to watch: Nicolai Boilesen

View attachment 232629

Last edited:
Great opening post mate Wolves will be a tough team to manage. Check my Barcelona story out for some ideas if you like.

Thanks mate, any feedback on this story would be great thanks :)

What would everyone like to see going forward?

Will be updating this very soon......internet connection is down at home at the moment but let me know if you like the story so far and your opinions on it. :)

I'm stopping this story as i didn't have access to the net for several days after starting it and the game is too far gone at this stage to sum everything up properly

Back