Tomfmlfc - Ultimate counter attack

• Thread starter Thread starter tomfmlfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 8K

tomfmlfc

Reaction score
Before I start I just want to say that the abuse Malte got the other day whilst releasing his tactic was completely uncalled for and the minority who constantly bash tactic creators because the tactic doesn't make them go unbeaten need to realize that loosing is part and parcel of FM and be grateful for the amount of work they put in so that we can enjoy the game to a much funner extent , no tactic will make you go unbeaten unless it's caused by an exploit in the match engine , loosing brings realism to the game.

The formation & instructions

View attachment 468884

The team will defend as a unit and when the time is right to counter attack the opposition the center backs and the defensive midfielder will sit back and keep things tight whilst the 2 midfielders , attacking midfielder and the strikers break at pace as a single unit and inflict damage.

During my test with Palace I found the counter attacking extremely effective against the top teams like United , City , Chelsea down to the pure reason that they dominate you so much that you get a good amount of counter attacks to hit them when least expected .

Results

I finished 7th (qualified for Europa league) and only 4 points of a champions league spot (4th) on my Crystal Palace test with a squad predicted a 20th finish by the media and that realistically should be in the championship due to it's quality , overall I was ecstatic with how the testing went.

View attachment 468883View attachment 468882View attachment 468881View attachment 468880View attachment 468879View attachment 468878View attachment 468876View attachment 468871

Training & Match preparation

During pre - season use this -
View attachment 468873 and switch it to team cohesion every 2 weeks for 1 week

Match preparation -
View attachment 468872

If your using the classic with wingers tactic then use attacking movement

Team talks

I use Raikan's team talk guide so all credit goes to Raikan , it's important you follow these to the exact method.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...amtalk-guide-fm13-how-get-right-reaction.html

Opposition instructions

Personally I do not use these , however it's each to there own but if I do ever use them which is not often at all I set it to my assistant manager to take care of.

I recommend using the counter classic with wingers tactic.

Last edited:
If you allow rest before and after match, with a 2 games per week, don't you just train for 3 days a week?

Is that enough for player to develop?

If you allow rest before and after match, with a 2 games per week, don't you just train for 3 days a week?

Is that enough for player to develop?

I find it best as it keeps my squad fresh but everyone has their own preferences :)

i only play has arsenal because im an arsenal fan.so i dont think this formation would suit them

do you change the strategy from attacking to any thing else. or sometimes e.g when you want to save the lead to counter or defensive?

Tom, which is a better tactic in your opinion? Indestrucible 4-2-3-1 Jupp Heynckes or counter classic with wingers.
[h=2][/h]

Has anyone else tested this? Would like to know how well this works.

useing the winger tactic and its going good 3rd with arsenal first season

Nice presentation and a good looking tactic. Nice work tomfmlc!

Back