Tony Pulis's Hoofball (Testers Needed)

• Thread starter Thread starter Kyanite
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4K

Kyanite

Reaction score
I'm back ;)
With another tactic remake... but as this is new I need some testers.
Long story short its a 4-4-2 which plays some nice football but also hoofs the ball up a lot to the target man and plays from there. It's built with Stoke and the intention is simply to remake Tony Pulis at Stoke as I have remade other tactics in the past for FM13 and so forth.

It's going okay with Stoke so far, we're playing some good football. As a wise man once said "why take 30 passes to score a goal when you can do it with 3?".
I tested the tactic on a save where I holidayed through pre-season then started tweaking in the first few games of the Premier League. I have now started a completely new save where I am holidaying through pre-season once again but have played a few games myself. (A lot of people think holidaying & managing has the same outcome, this is false as you are not as dumb as your *** man)

Long story short I need testers, please don't test it with players who just aren't Stoke-type players then complain...

Your right and left back in reality have to be RC's and LC's. Meaning they are full backs by trade but also center backs meaning they possess the physical-ness of a center back which is needed (simply look at stokes full backs or think martin kelly etc).
Your center mids are self explanatory, N'zonzi, nainggolan, fellaini BWM. Your Box2Box midfielder has to be your best center mid, Charlie Adam has done alright for me as he is a creative little fella. Think Gerrard really, just a great all rounder.
Your wingers need to be pacey and also possess good all round attributes.
As for your strikers it is crucial that these have HIGH PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES otherwise you're wasting your time.
In my case I have found that Walters works well in the CF Support on the right and Jones works well in the CF Attack on the left. Not sure about Crouch yet since he has been injured for ages.
This should explain it:
View attachment 303419
But yeah it would be a plus if your CF Attack striker had a bit of pace on him to run behind the opposition defence. I even had Michael Owen scoring a few goals here and there off the bench which was nice lol.

Use the shouts Hassle Opponents & Get Stuck In.
Keep the strategy on standard at all times for now, however I have been setting it to Counter against tough opposition away from home.
I'm not sure how beneficial Counter would be against equal/worse opponents away from home so perhaps some of you testers could tinkle with that too.
As for training I always leave that on tactics until the tactic gets at least 80% on everything. After that I think I'll go for defensive positioning because Stoke are heavily based on clean sheets as opposed to scoring goals...
I am not saying this tactic will work wonders, but proper direct tactics aren't common and this should be a half decent recreation of Tony Pulis which will be solid defensively and also score through a very direct root (a lot of crosses, counter attacking long balls etc)
Also please remember to set your set piece takers prior to playing, I forgot to do that and it's cost me 2 points at Anfield because my left back ended up taking my penalty and missing lol
...and most importantly remember that the tactic will not function 100% until familiarity levels are up high.

If you wish to test it please send me a PM and we will go from there and I will keep updating this thread.

Cheers

Last edited:
vIrjFp9JKT2qtpTMcLrQ.png

Shame... does nobody like hoofball? :/
Stoke City sure do lol

mXKVzYs8kiMO9MyW4qFQ.png

Final league table... I have had no interest from any potential testers... maybe this would change some people's minds?
I never had issues finding testers for my Mourinho tactics... but people are just somewhat straying away from Tony Pulis :/
I guess I might have to agonisingly test it all myself.

Back