• Thread starter Thread starter Tomarse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomarse

Reaction score
I got FM12 yesterday and it seems to me that the game is too easy?

I took over Gladbach and I am predicted to finish 12th. My signings were only squad players (T.Hildebrand - free, D.Hubert - £1.1M Genk, Caio - loan, Cidinho - loan) and I play a basic 4-4-2

Yet, I am winning left right and centre? Beating Hertha Bsc 7-0, Leverkusen 3-0, Bayern Munich 2-1, Schalke 2-0 etc.

Do other people find the game too easy? Or do I just have a great streak of luck at the moment xD

Most people find the second season harder to play. Also depends on if you are using your own tactics or someone else's. Other factors play in on that. Just chalk it up as great streak of luck unless you dominate the league the first year then I guess you can say it is easy then.

many people thought it is easy when they payed the demo. i have to say the AI has actually become even more adjustable-in season 15-16 they freely swap 3 tactics with effective counter strategy to everything ive prepared. i think we need better computers or all sports games will suffer from this. you see-they dont have enough power and creative ideas to make AI look more like human managers. And there is pressure from both sides-people who want such games to be easy going complain they are getting tougher and tougher and die hard fans complain they are getting bored if there is no savage chalenge in every next edition. And the problem when you want a PC to simulate human making strategies is that you can not do it-the machines lack creativity but are perfect in copying things and not making mistakes. And this is what we see nowadays in FM and FIFIA. I hope somebody will bring some breakthrough in this sooner rather than later.

I agree with Ivo to a certain extent. We have an unbeatable advantage over the computer at present - we have brains, the computer doesn't.

Some of us have been playing FM for so long that we're able to manipulate the AI with impunity. My current game with Dortmund, I've only lost 7 games in the past 3 seasons. It's not that I'm some football god, it's that I rotate creative tactics, use good OIs, find and sign the best players, and basically use my brain to overwhelm the AI's ability to respond.

FM12 is far better than previous versions of reacting to tactics, but it's still just reacting. It can't create anything new, and unless we come up with quantum computing or something, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I find it challenging, due to the fact that I never start a save with famous teams. F.ex i'm coaching Sheff Wed now...and in season 4 I managed to bring them up to Premier League...and being Sheff Wed in P.L! That's tough!
Meeting big gun players in Chelsea, United, Arsenal, City, Liverpool & Spurs...man, it's hard ;-) But it's a nice challenge coming up with a team from league one! You'll have to adapt and frequently edit tactics/training in order to keep the team up in P.L!
Currently moving to season 5, and I'm 11th in P.L ..fighting for survival with only 9points down to relegation.

So my advice, coach a team from lower leagues - coaching high profile clubs are to easy!

There's about a hundred of these 'too easy' threads already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back